RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

The culture of "F" is what we make it..

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-17, 09:33 PM
BossMoss
Pole Position

Received 129 Likes on 75 Posts

When I was younger, I used to go to SILV (Supras Invade Las Vegas) every year with my Supra. A group of us would drive up as a caravan. Many of the local AZ Supra owners would also get together once or twice yearly for mountain road drives and more regularly at the drag strip. Many of the guys I met back then are still my good friends now. I also was a member of the local Viper club when I had a Viper. Always pleasant times. Other than talking to one other IS-F owner when I had my IS-F, I haven't seen the same type of camaraderie. I have not come across anyone being rude though. I think the difference may be that the average Lexus owner is older and more established in life and therefore has more on his plate. And Lexus owners are far less likely to be taking their cars to the track - that includes me, though I'm looking forward to tracking my RC-F in the future.

I would be up for a local "F" meet in AZ if it happened. It only takes 2 guys to start a meet. It grows from there.

Excellent discussion topic though. that's my $0.02
The following 3 users liked this post by BossMoss:
isfvss (01-17-17), LDEUX (01-17-17), paulwall4 (01-17-17)
Old 01-17-17, 10:17 PM
Miqueaseli
Intermediate

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

There's a meet coming up February 11th . Contact Josh @Meraki Autoworks. Boss moss there's lots of ISF in AZ and RCF . F monster here on club Lexus always has little meet up with Lexus owners around Gilbert think he works in that city. Agreed Lexus owners are more responsible per say not going crazy at meets doing burnouts racing etc etc.
The following users liked this post:
BossMoss (01-18-17)
Old 01-18-17, 05:09 AM
lexusnutt
Intermediate

Received 37 Likes on 23 Posts
Thumbs up

I'm in SCV also. Any of you SCV/SFV boys interested in a round trip thru Bouquet early AM on a Sat/Sun and stop for breakfast?
Looks like we could have quite a team:

LDEUX
paulwall4
nelson143
MDElliott
Old 01-18-17, 06:21 AM
ba2sy
Instructor

Received 30 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by lexusnutt
I'm in SCV also. Any of you SCV/SFV boys interested in a round trip thru Bouquet early AM on a Sat/Sun and stop for breakfast?

LDEUX
paulwall4
nelson143
MDElliott
Go on Saturday AM since it's gonna rain Sunday. My track day on Sunday got canceled because of the rain. It'll be too wet at the NASCAR bank.
Old 01-18-17, 06:58 AM
redspencer
OG Member

Received 536 Likes on 318 Posts

With Lexus putting a greater emphasis on performance handling with the F and F-Sport line-up (particularly with Lexus starting up an official racing team in North America this year), it would be great to finally start seeing an organized Lexus performance group established in a similar fashion to how Porsche, BMW, and Miata owners currently congregate for track meet-up days.

Rather than being the "add-on Lexus" for many of these club organized events, I'd love to regularly see track-focused events hosted by Lexus enthusiasts sometime in the future.
Old 01-18-17, 08:10 AM
LDEUX
Rookie

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by BossMoss
I think the difference may be that the average Lexus owner is older and more established in life and therefore has more on his plate. And Lexus owners are far less likely to be taking their cars to the track - that includes me, though I'm looking forward to tracking my RC-F in the future.
I agree. A lot of Lexus owners are more mature. But so are Porsche owners, I'd say even more that Lexus owners.
Old 01-18-17, 08:21 AM
LDEUX
Rookie

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ba2sy
Go on Saturday AM since it's gonna rain Sunday. My track day on Sunday got canceled because of the rain. It'll be too wet at the NASCAR bank.
It might be too wet going up the canyon Saturday morning too. That area is supposed to get rain all day/night on Friday, and it gets pretty muddy back there when it rains hard.
Attached Thumbnails The culture of "F" is what we make it..-screen-shot-2017-01-18-at-8.17.52-am.png  
Old 01-18-17, 09:24 AM
lexusnutt
Intermediate

Originally Posted by LDEUX
It might be too wet going up the canyon Saturday morning too. That area is supposed to get rain all day/night on Friday, and it gets pretty muddy back there when it rains hard.
Agree! I wasn't specifically referring to this weekend.

I'll post something in the Team SoCal RCF thread when there's an open weather window.
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/rc-...alifornia.html

This could be a lot of fun!
Old 01-18-17, 11:49 AM
paulwall4
Lead Lap

Received 49 Likes on 35 Posts

Agree! I wasn't specifically referring to this weekend.

I'll post something in the Team SoCal RCF thread when there's an open weather window.
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/rc-...alifornia.html

This could be a lot of fun!
We should all go to super car sunday when its dry and then hit up the canyons right after. Maybe even hit the snake!
Old 01-18-17, 11:51 AM
paulwall4
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Miqueaseli
There's a meet coming up February 11th . Contact Josh @Meraki Autoworks.
down for the 11th. Any idea where?
Old 01-18-17, 11:53 AM
Zerafian
Pit Crew

Received 110 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by LDEUX
I agree. A lot of Lexus owners are more mature. But so are Porsche owners, I'd say even more that Lexus owners.
Most definitely, just due to age. Im 32 and own a modded G35 and its tough to be part of the community because its mainly younger kids that dont have that respect for the enthusiast world and its a completely different experience. Just due to the cost of the car, it eliminates a lot of younger people. The day I talked to friends about holding off and buying a used Lexus in 2019, they blurt out the words "your getting old eh".

Iv been a pure nissan/infiniti guy since I started modding in 2006in my early 20s. I look forward to the more mature crowd like the Z/G community use to be in the mid 2000s.
Old 01-18-17, 01:40 PM
MDElliott
Rookie

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

LDEUX
paulwall4
nelson143
MDElliott
An ideal canyon lap could be going up San Francisquito Canyon (Location of the worst disaster in Ca history) and come back down Bouquet and stop at the half-way house for breakfast.
Old 01-18-17, 02:31 PM
lexusnutt
Intermediate

Originally Posted by MDElliott
An ideal canyon lap could be going up San Francisquito Canyon (Location of the worst disaster in Ca history) and come back down Bouquet and stop at the half-way house for breakfast.
Great suggestion!
Old 01-18-17, 03:08 PM
paulwall4
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by MDElliott
Sounds good to me!
Old 01-18-17, 07:04 PM
rfugio68
Rookie

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

I agree that F is what we make it, here in SoCal lexuses are basically known as stance/VIP cars. Regarding the F cars people seem to get pretty excited to see an isf or rcf at shows, especially if it has an exhaust or mild mods. However once the car has over-bearing amounts of carbon fiber or some ill fitting wheel the car community just factors them into the stance crows again lol.

I come from a mustang and Lsx background, the first thing I noticed in this forum is that it is substantially less active. And when it is active it's usually about some different colored lug nuts or a generic wheel/muffler question. I can't really complain, however, because given the rarity of the car and the very scarce performance options there isn't much you can do outside of exterior mods.

If this car was tunable by anyone and there was multiple boost options along with fuel systems and built motors then the F would sell more and you'd see a much more involved community. Unfortunately that's not the case so I'll continue to be the guy that takes a Lexus to cruises, rallies and half mile race events.

I have 2 rcf and an isf within .5 miles of me, but we all have such different schedules that it's hard to all go to an event at once.

Quick Reply: The culture of "F" is what we make it..