RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

The culture of "F" is what we make it..

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-17, 10:47 AM
LDEUX
Rookie

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default The culture of "F" is what we make it..

I'm a first time owner of an "F" car and a member of the forum for a little over a year now. I just wanted to express something that I've observed to see if people thought the same...
I love the RC-F, I think it's a great buy. It's not perfect but almost every car in it's segment has it's drawbacks.

But I wanted to talk about the culture of "F". The culture of any car or brand is largely made by it's owners. Some examples, BMW "M" owners are loyal, even to a fault (never seeing another product as superior), Porsche guys are very loyal to the brands long history of making exceptional sports cars (even though they've pretty much had the same design), Corvette owners are the same (even with past reliability issues), GT-R owners are too (even with the US only having 1 official generation of the GT-R). They all have these things in common; they genuinely welcome new owners, help each other with questions and enjoy their love for their cars TOGETHER. They also make their presence felt at car meet ups and many of them have their own events/clubs:

https://www.pca.org/events
http://cocsd.com/upcoming-events/
https://www.facebook.com/pg/OFFICIAL...=page_internal

Aside from that large meet up in the San Diego area last year it's like pulling teeth getting us together by the masses in many of our respective regions. I know there are only a few owners in smaller markets but NY, FL, TX, and CA don't have an excuse.

I can understand LFA owners (millionaires) but Idk why the IS-F and RC-F guys don't do things to promote the culture of "F" like some of the other fanboys. Plenty of forum members have expressed their dislike with the RC-F owners here, saying they're not helpful and calling them jerks because of the way they respond to questions and I can understand why. It's the community of owners that make the culture of a brand what it is, AND it makes ownership that much more enjoyable. The manufacturer has to make a good product but the owners make its popularity and prestige what it is. I could see Lexus' marketing team and multiple dealerships even spending a little change to promote the brand (e.g. LEXUS ESCONDIDO) along with us.

So let's talk about how we can elevate the "F" badge together. Our street cred' should have more weight than these STI, BRZ/GT86, 350z owners..
Feel free to chime in IF YOU HAVE SOMETHING PRODUCTIVE TO SAY.
Ok, I'm done ranting.

Cheers..
Old 01-17-17, 01:04 PM
ISFPOWER
Lexus Champion

Received 144 Likes on 119 Posts

as little as i drove my IS-F and RC-F, every time i did, it was a complete sausage fest every time i parked at the gas statio/parking lot/work. Guys coming up to ask me so many questions about the car and give the same story and explaining the difference between the F and Fsport and how my car was not an is250/350. lol.

I love how rare the F is but i hate how little people know about it. Ive always kept my car pretty stock look wise and make it look better with little things like the perfect stance and flush wheels. every one who doesn't know about these cars think i fully modified the outside myself and i don't like that.
Old 01-17-17, 01:25 PM
StraySheep
Pit Crew

Received 46 Likes on 31 Posts

Lexus needs to work on marketing the F and how it's different than F-Sport.

Both have a 'F' badging at the same spot on the fender. If I know nothing about cars, I would think the F-sport badge would be a higher model than just a F badge because it has the word "Sport" under the F.

Try asking people what is the difference between a Lexus IS F-sport vs a Lexus ISF in sport mode. I bet most people don't know, that's a problem.
The following users liked this post:
LDEUX (01-17-17)
Old 01-17-17, 02:19 PM
Miqueaseli
Intermediate

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

There was a Lexus meet in Crown Lexus last year. Lots of F owners ISF and RCF and GSF showed up . In Socal I've been to plenty of meets. If you have IG check out Purr lex they have meets often . Or hit up Bnizzle here for member he always sets up good small meets to kick it and talk about cars.
Old 01-17-17, 02:23 PM
mjeds
Lexus Champion

Received 188 Likes on 145 Posts

Originally Posted by StraySheep

Both have a 'F' badging at the same spot on the fender. If I know nothing about cars, I would think the F-sport badge would be a higher model than just a F badge because it has the word "Sport" under the F.

Try asking people what is the difference between a Lexus IS F-sport vs a Lexus ISF in sport mode. I bet most people don't know, that's a problem.
I agree with this, I've had several people made comments about my RC F calling it an F-Sport. or telling me the "F" is nothing more than a body kit.. Even had one douche tell me I bought an over priced Toyota FRS.
Old 01-17-17, 02:28 PM
LDEUX
Rookie

Originally Posted by StraySheep

You're absolutely right about that sir. I've had to explain the difference on several occasions. Why wouldn't they just say "Sport" instead of "F-Sport" (e.g. Lexus RC350 Sport and Lexus RC-F)?
Old 01-17-17, 02:34 PM
LDEUX
Rookie

Originally Posted by Miqueaseli
There was a Lexus meet in Crown Lexus last year. Lots of F owners ISF and RCF and GSF showed up . In Socal I've been to plenty of meets. If you have IG check out Purr lex they have meets often . Or hit up Bnizzle here for member he always sets up good small meets to kick it and talk about cars.
Thanks man. Never heard of Pure Lex, looks like they're based out of the IE.
Old 01-17-17, 02:36 PM
paulwall4
Lead Lap

Received 49 Likes on 35 Posts

Yea I've been wanting to go to some meets!!!
What part of cali are you from?
Old 01-17-17, 02:37 PM
LDEUX
Rookie

Originally Posted by paulwall4
Yea I've been wanting to go to some meets!!!
What part of cali are you from?
Just north of you, Santa Clarita Valley.
Old 01-17-17, 02:51 PM
paulwall4
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by LDEUX
Oh Nice!! You didn't happen to go to Autoskinz? Was there earlier and Jake the manager told me he had a rcf in the other day.
Old 01-17-17, 02:58 PM
LDEUX
Rookie

Originally Posted by paulwall4
Oh Nice!! You didn't happen to go to Autoskinz? Was there earlier and Jake the manager told me he had a rcf in the other day.
Nope, I haven't been there in like 6 months.
Old 01-17-17, 03:07 PM
paulwall4
Lead Lap

Nope, I haven't been there in like 6 months.
Oh haha

But yea man we gotta all start coming together!
Old 01-17-17, 03:11 PM
nelson143
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm down to meet in the SFV or even SCV. Thanks.
Old 01-17-17, 04:42 PM
MDElliott
Rookie

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

LDEUX - I'm located in Ana Verde just west of Palmdale and I work in Santa Clarita. Haven't seen any RCF's in this area yet.
Old 01-17-17, 09:10 PM
LDEUX
Rookie

Originally Posted by MDElliott
LDEUX - I'm located in Ana Verde just west of Palmdale and I work in Santa Clarita. Haven't seen any RCF's in this area yet.
Yo! It's not my daily driver, I have a 2IS and a GX460. I took my RC-F out last Friday night to the new Cheesecake Factory.

There are some pretty open roads up in the AV, I have family up that way so I'm up there often. Driving Boquet Cyn up there is always fun. I've seen a white RC-F up there once before and a grey GS-F.

Quick Reply: The culture of "F" is what we make it..