RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

Nitrous for RCF

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-15, 09:36 AM
TobsterM
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Nitrous

Does anyone have a kit installed? I am thinking of getting a small shot of nitrous any suggestions/ advice
Old 10-19-15, 08:42 PM
aWorkOfArt
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

This is going to be an interesting thread, theres 2 guys on IG running nitrous, hopefully they are on here and can chime in
Old 10-20-15, 07:49 AM
Raykwon02
Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I am considering nitrous as well, but I've never had it on my cars. What should be the cost of parts/installing a kit? I called a local shop which has been in business for 25 yrs and is well known for quality builds but I was a bit disappointed with their quote, $3,500. The Nitrous Express kit quoted included bottle warmer, remote bottle opener, window switch, purge kit and 3 day install. I did some research and parts alone are about 1,500, so he is charging $2,000 for install. As far as the 'shot', he recommended starting at 100 or 125 and working up from there.

On another note, there are 2 RC F's down here in S.FL being bottle fed and they look to be running strong. From what I've heard in the local meets, one of them is running a 100 'shot' making ~500whp while the other is running at least a 200 'shot'. There are a few vids floating around on youtube of both cars.
Old 10-20-15, 12:12 PM
kareemRCF
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the nitrous RCF on youtube vids is embarrassing alot of cars... scary fast!

search for pupo RCF on youtube.
Old 10-20-15, 12:20 PM
Justin2JZ
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

My boy Nelson is running a 150 shot on his and its holding just fine. Kept up with a TA Viper, modded C6 Z06 and other fast *** cars. Fs can hold it I wouldnt have any doubts on spraying.
Old 10-20-15, 12:36 PM
LRCSALES
Lead Lap

Received 73 Likes on 52 Posts

make it 3 rcfs i havent hit the dyno yet. I can help anyone if the choose to install it themselves.
Old 10-20-15, 01:38 PM
TobsterM
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It would be cool for some insight, how how much y'all paid, really considering it.
Old 10-21-15, 08:32 PM
johnnyreb
Racer

Received 59 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by kareemRCF
the nitrous RCF on youtube vids is embarrassing alot of cars... scary fast!

search for pupo RCF on youtube.
I must have been watching the Wrong Videos, i saw him run like 4 times & he lost 3 of them!
Old 10-23-15, 04:46 PM
toystry
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Not that I'll ever install NOS into my RCF, but how big of a shot is too much? I'm guessing there are some serious side effects regarding pumping in too much NOS (engine explodes)?

Last edited by lobuxracer; 03-09-17 at 06:05 PM.
Old 10-26-15, 10:42 AM
LRCSALES
Lead Lap

after dyno tuning my RCF (just monitoring afr's) here are the results. The runs were completed on a DYNO DYNAMICS which is the lowest WHP dyno in the business but they are good for tuning because like other dynos that have a different type of roller. GOOGLE it if you are confused (i forgot how to explain it. but here goes.

Mods: JOE Z Exhaust, K & N filter, Homemade intake, Deleted the crankcase breathers, heat wrapped air box.
357.2 whp Dyno dynamics read out
425 whp Dyno jet
401 whp Mustang Dyno

Same mods With 50 shot of nitrous from Nitrous Express kit
389.6 whp Dyno Dynamics read out
463 whp Dyno Jet
437 whp Mustang dyno

Same mods with 100 shot of nitrous from Nitrous Express kit (didnt have the right fuel jet for this shot afr was very rich)
461.7 whp Dyno Dynamics read out
550 whp Dyno Jet
519 whp Mustang Dyno

Same mods with 115 shot of nitrous Nitrous Express kit (kept same fuel jet as above)
494.8 whp Dyno Dynamics read out
589 whp Dyno Jet
556 whp Mustang dyno

The shop i visited would multiply 1.15 to their number for an industry average which my final number would
read 572 whp. So in all i gained 140 whp difference on only a 115 shot nitrous which leave me a little perplexed but. the AFR is happy and i managed to beat up on a newer GSXR i assume was a 600c. on the highway with a 2nd gear roll and 3 gear roll after 2 gears he could not pass me i kept a car length lead on him and if you know anything about bikes their upper gears are usual weaker and i would have pulled an even larger gap. I need to run some cars now, to compare my car to the two Nitrous RCFs in Florida.
Old 10-27-15, 07:47 AM
ba2sy
Instructor

Received 30 Likes on 29 Posts

Whoever has NOS on their cars or know about NOS, besides the NOS kit, what else did you upgrade? From what I read, they may have changed their spark plugs, pistons, intake manifold, and fuel pump. What else are needed besides the kit?

Secondly, which shop in Southern California does NOS install on RCFs?
Old 10-27-15, 02:27 PM
LRCSALES
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by ba2sy
Whoever has NOS on their cars or know about NOS, besides the NOS kit, what else did you upgrade? From what I read, they may have changed their spark plugs, pistons, intake manifold, and fuel pump. What else are needed besides the kit?

Secondly, which shop in Southern California does NOS install on RCFs?
u dont need to touch the plugs till after a 200 shot. A ISF owner popped his motor playing with colder plugs and an external fuel sump with an external fuel pump. Keep it simple stupid. From the sound of your post you need to have someone install this. I recommend NITROUS EXPRESS BRAND
Old 10-27-15, 03:38 PM
ba2sy
Instructor

Received 30 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by LRCSALES
u dont need to touch the plugs till after a 200 shot. A ISF owner popped his motor playing with colder plugs and an external fuel sump with an external fuel pump. Keep it simple stupid. From the sound of your post you need to have someone install this. I recommend NITROUS EXPRESS BRAND
I'm noob as fck, almighty genius. And yes, I do need someone to help me install it as I have stated I was looking for a shop that does NOS install. Self-customization/tuning of high performance cars is not my specialty. I asked those questions because I'm still learning the anatomy/mechanical "physiology" of high performance cars. I just don't want to mess up my $80k+ luxury car because I missed something or didn't ask anyone. In the medical field, overworking the heart leads to heart failure. NOS is like monster caffeine+epinepherine injected/sprayed into the engine.

Anyways, thanks for the recommendation. That's one of the first ones I have seen when I was researching.
Old 10-27-15, 03:58 PM
aWorkOfArt
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Would anyone care to share their Nitrous parts list Thanks in advance!
Old 10-29-15, 03:38 PM
LRCSALES
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by ba2sy
I'm noob as fck, almighty genius. And yes, I do need someone to help me install it as I have stated I was looking for a shop that does NOS install. Self-customization/tuning of high performance cars is not my specialty. I asked those questions because I'm still learning the anatomy/mechanical "physiology" of high performance cars. I just don't want to mess up my $80k+ luxury car because I missed something or didn't ask anyone. In the medical field, overworking the heart leads to heart failure. NOS is like monster caffeine+epinepherine injected/sprayed into the engine.

Anyways, thanks for the recommendation. That's one of the first ones I have seen when I was researching.
hopefully i didnt offend you. i was just trying to make the best recommendation! also feel free to ask me any questions!!

Quick Reply: Nitrous for RCF