RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

Why did you choose the RCF?

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-17, 02:10 PM
SwitchUps
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah you're right. Exlcusive is the wrong word. I just like the fact that not many have it.
Old 02-24-17, 02:21 PM
RCF100
Driver

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Very simple, reliability and value retention.

In this price range I was considering looking to get a highly modified supra, also due to it's incredible reputation and value retention! I will most likely end up replacing the F with a modded supra when I feel like having a highly modded car again. I came from a ~500hp modded american car, so I was looking to get away from that world for a bit and try out the whole stock/warrantied side of things LOL. This car is definitely far slower than my last, which is sad, and an entire universe away from what the supra would be, but I didn't buy it for impressive performance. I sought after the car due to lexus/toyota reliability and it's value retention over my time of ownership. I'm not one who genuinely cares too much about "luxury/comfort." It just happens to be that Toyota doesn't make a performance car, otherwise I would have went with that and saved probably $15K!

After looking at it more and getting more serious about buying it, I definitely do love the look of it compared to it's competitors, I also like being different. I see many AMG's and M's around me, it's rare to see an F of any type. The GTR is without a doubt a far better car if you are someone who wants a fast car that performs ridiculously well, there is no comparison. Especially if you want to mod at all.
Old 02-24-17, 02:25 PM
SwitchUps
Driver School Candidate

My train of thought is since this is a summer car/weekend car do I really need the luxury comfort aspect of the car? I still want it to be reliable. I guess if Honda/Toyota made a RWD sports car I would probably go with that instead.
Old 02-24-17, 02:29 PM
RCF100
Driver

Originally Posted by SwitchUps
My train of thought is since this is a summer car/weekend car do I really need the luxury comfort aspect of the car? I still want it to be reliable. I guess if Honda/Toyota made a RWD sports car I would probably go with that instead.
Well it being a summer/weekend car shouldn't be something that pushes you towards or away from a luxury car. You have to decide for yourself if you want a luxury focused car. I will admit, it's definitely a luxury car being that it's from lexus, BUT, they do make you feel like you're in a sports car, which I like. It sounds like the new LC500 is aiming to make you feel like your in a luxury car while having a decently quick car as well. The RCF is opposite, it makes you feel like your in a sports/performance car, but also make you feel luxurious/comfortable in the background!

Yeah sadly toyota isn't offering anything in this range, I wouldn't go honda honestly!
Old 02-24-17, 02:31 PM
Davew77
Lead Lap

Received 59 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by ROK
Yall don't get it twisted. Porsche is the world's #1 aspirational automotive brand. 911 all day son.
If you were referring to my comment, I didn't mean to imply that the RC F can beat it in performance. But the RC F gets more attention than a Porsche because the RC F isn't as common. If performance is at the very top of your list, then the RC F should not be on your list. It has decent performance, but it's not the best. The lacking aftermarket doesn't help it out either.

As for performance, I'd have to take the C7 Z06 over the 911. It's faster, corners better and is cheaper. But that's neither here nor there.
Old 02-24-17, 02:40 PM
RCF100
Driver

Originally Posted by Davew77
If you were referring to my comment, I didn't mean to imply that the RC F can beat it in performance. But the RC F gets more attention than a Porsche because the RC F isn't as common. If performance is at the very top of your list, then the RC F should not be on your list. It has decent performance, but it's not the best. The lacking aftermarket doesn't help it out either.

As for performance, I'd have to take the C7 Z06 over the 911. It's faster, corners better and is cheaper. But that's neither here nor there.
Well said in the top part, last sentence is very debatable though loll. Some people don't like the cheap american car performance.

The clarify, by cheap I mean, a car that is built purely for performance. Porsche has a reputation to uphold in many of the areas, ford/chevy really don't LOL
Old 02-24-17, 02:44 PM
Davew77
Lead Lap

Received 59 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by RCF100
Well said in the top part, last sentence is very debatable though loll. Some people don't like the cheap american car performance.

The clarify, by cheap I mean, a car that is built purely for performance. Porsche has a reputation to uphold in many of the areas, ford/chevy really don't LOL
Everyone is entitled to their opinion. I wouldn't say that the Z06 beats the 911 in every category. But in my opinion it wins in the right categories for me. Personally, I've always been a Lambo fan. If I had unlimited funds I'd have a few of them, modded to hell. Probably a LFA or 2 too, just because.
Old 02-24-17, 03:06 PM
Wh0pp3r
Intermediate

Received 87 Likes on 60 Posts

wrong place lol
Old 02-24-17, 03:16 PM
RCF100
Driver

Originally Posted by Davew77
Everyone is entitled to their opinion. I wouldn't say that the Z06 beats the 911 in every category. But in my opinion it wins in the right categories for me. Personally, I've always been a Lambo fan. If I had unlimited funds I'd have a few of them, modded to hell. Probably a LFA or 2 too, just because.
I'm aiming to go with a UGR gallardo as my obscene fast car, possibly GTR in it's place? Not totally sure on that, not there yet so I haven't made my decision haha. LFA I can appreciate but wouldn't own most likely, I do think it deserves a massive amount of respect though. I'm into highly modified ridiculous fast cars, vipers/supras/gtr/gallardo/etc. This is my first time going for a car that is totally stock actually.
Old 02-25-17, 08:45 AM
woodranch
Pit Crew

Received 23 Likes on 13 Posts

I just traded me 2014 Porsche Cab 911 in on a new RC F and could not be happier. The 911 is a great sport car, however it very loud inside and the interior is so cold and stark vs the RC F. The seats are much better in the RC F and the interior blows it away ! I have no regrets at all.
Old 02-25-17, 09:49 AM
Kramer
Instructor

Received 121 Likes on 86 Posts

I previously owned an IS-F.....I have had many cars in between it and my new RC-F, but the Lexus ISF had a special place in my heart, I truly missed letting it go. Since it I have owned 2 Cadillac CT-S-V's, Audi TTRS, Porsche Cayman, Jaguar F-Type V8S and now back to Lexus. Plus I work for Toyota so it brings me back to the family!
Old 02-25-17, 10:04 AM
SwitchUps
Driver School Candidate

Nice ^ what do you do for Toyota?
Old 02-25-17, 08:25 PM
danielTRLK
Lead Lap

Received 121 Likes on 66 Posts

I am routinely asked by people, what kind of car is that Lexus. I'll say RC F followed by did you mean RX? I meet people left and right that have no idea what the RC is. I didn't know that when I bought it.
Old 02-25-17, 09:08 PM
Kramer
Instructor

Received 121 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by SwitchUps
Nice ^ what do you do for Toyota?
Finance Manager at a dealership, been in the car business 11years now.
Old 02-25-17, 09:43 PM
Deanrcf
Pole Position

Received 53 Likes on 37 Posts

Easy answer. I was researching cars to buy and retain throughout my retirement years and Porsche 911 4S was at the top of my list. I wasn't quite ready to commit to a 2 seater, yes I know the Porsche has back seats. And, I did not want to be the typical guy in his 40-50s in a Corvette. After all, what do import guys in their 40-50s drive now? We started this movement in the late 80s with the 240 and AE86. Now that we are getting more mature what import is out there that best represents us as successful, but still an import fan? Nothing else from Japan came close IMO. The G37 and 370Z were too unrefined. The GTR is not something I would consider at my age and mindset. I was closely watching the Infiniti Q60 Coupe, but that 7-speed leaves alot to desire. The RCF met most of my expectations; 2+2 seating, great interior, reliability, resale value and most of all a V8 in a world of TT six cylinders. Is a Porsche 911 4S still on my list, yes, but i am content with the RCF for now.

Quick Reply: Why did you choose the RCF?