RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

Adaptive Variable Suspension RCF 2017

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-17, 07:30 PM
LxsCf RCF
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default lowering with adaptive suspension

Check with the RC drivers. I had a 2015 RC350 F Sport AWD with the adaptive suspension and installed RSR lowering springs as did many other RC owners. I had no problems with the change. The spring rates are similar to stock but shorter. Purchasing a 2017 RC F tomorrow.
Old 03-03-17, 07:37 PM
ssmoked
Lexus Champion

Received 97 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by bsheets
Check with the RC drivers. I had a 2015 RC350 F Sport AWD with the adaptive suspension and installed RSR lowering springs as did many other RC owners. I had no problems with the change. The spring rates are similar to stock but shorter. Purchasing a 2017 RC F tomorrow.
just curious, what price did you settle with the RCF?
Old 03-03-17, 07:51 PM
LxsCf RCF
Rookie

Originally Posted by ssmoked
just curious, what price did you settle with the RCF?
The final price will be determined tomorrow. My option was to buy one that they could locate similar to what I want or order and wait 3 to 4 months. Hope we can come to an agreement on the one available. However it has every option available on it, so it will be a little more but I can have it in a week. Dealers aren't giving too much because 2017 models are in limited supply.
Old 03-03-17, 07:53 PM
ssmoked
Lexus Champion

Received 97 Likes on 84 Posts

The final price will be determined tomorrow. My option was to buy one that they could locate similar to what I want or order and wait 3 to 4 months. Hope we can come to an agreement on the one available. However it has every option available on it, so it will be a little more but I can have it in a week. Dealers aren't giving too much because 2017 models are in limited supply.
if you have time, wouldn't it be cheaper to fly out and negotiate a much better deal? Or find a new 2016 for 20% off.
Walking in a dealer wanting to buy a car desperate will never yield a good deal
Old 03-03-17, 08:15 PM
LxsCf RCF
Rookie

Originally Posted by ssmoked
if you have time, wouldn't it be cheaper to fly out and negotiate a much better deal? Or find a new 2016 for 20% off.
Walking in a dealer wanting to buy a car desperate will never yield a good deal
I have spent a lot of time researching this and my options. This car is in North Carolina and I have gone to three different dealers and have gotten three different deals on this same car. This current dealer wants my business and would like to take me from the dealer that I bought my RC 350 F Sport from. (which offered me the worst deal, so much for being loyal to their customers). They aren't charging to pick up the car, are giving me a bigger discount and are giving me more for my car in trade. Not desperate, I just want to get the car I really want.
Old 03-03-17, 09:13 PM
Deanrcf
Pole Position

Received 53 Likes on 37 Posts

this makes sense I guess since it's the shock that's being stiffened. I guess the springs still control the shock no matter the setting