RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

12.467@ 115 best run tonight

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-17, 01:08 PM
Davew77
Lead Lap

Received 59 Likes on 48 Posts

Don't believe magazine 1/4 mile times. They are almost never run under optimal conditions and often with drivers that simply aren't that great. I haven't taken my RC F to the strip. But every car I ever owned that I took to the strip beat the advertised 1/4 mile times on my best runs.

Example: My first 2007 350z was advertised at 13.8. My personal best when stock was 13.5 on a 2.0 60' and it was a Touring edition (heavier). No other Touring edition has ever beat my time though (at least on the forums). I only went to the strip twice before I started modding it (so every trip after that was no longer stock). The very best stock times were as low as 13.0-13.1 (I believe the 13.1 time as I knew the person who ran it and he was a great driver, but I'm not so sure about the 13.0 time). That's a very big difference between advertised time vs. real world time. It's often easy to know approximately what a car is capable of running in the 1/4 mile by looking at the trap speed. A 113-115 mph trap speed certainly means a much better time than 12.8.

Edit:

Here's a video of a stock RC F beating the advertised 12.8 time:

Last edited by Davew77; 03-24-17 at 01:25 PM.
Old 03-24-17, 01:53 PM
ssmoked
Lexus Champion

Received 97 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by Deanrcf
Just a thought. You seem to have beaten all recorded magazine times. Do you believe that this is more from ditching the stuff from your trunk or running a broken in engine? How many miles do you have? I'm only at 17,xxx and the engine seems to be opening up still.
to be honest, I think it's the cooler weather. I couldn't get it under 12.7 last time (with borla) no matter how many runs in 90 degrees. This time I'm running consistant .2-.3 faster on each run compared to last. Can't wait to go back in the 30-40s degree to see if I can run even faster

For comprison, bone stock the best I did was 12.8 in cool weather. But I haven't figured out the electronic nanny situation after burnout at the time

i only have 11.5k miles currently. Could it be 30-40 pounds trunk weight reduction and 2 gallons gas making a huge difference, maybe. But not that big of a difference imo

also the RCF is very hard to launch for an automatic with all those nanny electronics. If it took me that long to figure out how to perfect the launch, I doubt the magazine drivers fully maximized it
The following users liked this post:
Deanrcf (03-24-17)
Old 03-25-17, 04:29 PM
SmurFPwr
Driver

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by ssmoked
to be honest, I think it's the cooler weather. I couldn't get it under 12.7 last time (with borla) no matter how many runs in 90 degrees. This time I'm running consistant .2-.3 faster on each run compared to last. Can't wait to go back in the 30-40s degree to see if I can run even faster

For comprison, bone stock the best I did was 12.8 in cool weather. But I haven't figured out the electronic nanny situation after burnout at the time

i only have 11.5k miles currently. Could it be 30-40 pounds trunk weight reduction and 2 gallons gas making a huge difference, maybe. But not that big of a difference imo

also the RCF is very hard to launch for an automatic with all those nanny electronics. If it took me that long to figure out how to perfect the launch, I doubt the magazine drivers fully maximized it

yup, this car has way to many electronic nannies
Old 03-25-17, 05:28 PM
ssmoked
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by SmurFPwr
yup, this car has way to many electronic nannies
took yours to the track? What you run?
Old 03-28-17, 09:21 AM
SmurFPwr
Driver

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

took yours to the track? What you run?
not yet, but I think i might try to make it out there this coming Friday, if i can manage to find nitrous (apparently there is a shortage after the airgas plant explosion) plus i already have the drag radials. we have been between 73-84 degrees friday calls for 87 high and 59 for the lows
Old 05-03-17, 12:06 PM
ssmoked
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by SmurFPwr
not yet, but I think i might try to make it out there this coming Friday, if i can manage to find nitrous (apparently there is a shortage after the airgas plant explosion) plus i already have the drag radials. we have been between 73-84 degrees friday calls for 87 high and 59 for the lows
have you ran the 1/4 mile yet with nos and DR?
Old 05-03-17, 08:54 PM
2Insane
Driver

Received 47 Likes on 32 Posts

Congrats on your times! It's exciting to see an RCF with these types of results. Curious why not Sport + instead of Sport? Also, what psi were you running on your tires?
Old 05-03-17, 09:24 PM
ssmoked
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by 2Insane
Congrats on your times! It's exciting to see an RCF with these types of results. Curious why not Sport + instead of Sport? Also, what psi were you running on your tires?
i tried sport+, for some reason it runs around .2 sec slower than just sport

30-31psi with burnout
Old 05-03-17, 10:20 PM
LXSDO
Advanced

Received 147 Likes on 103 Posts

i tried sport+, for some reason it runs around .2 sec slower than just sport

30-31psi with burnout
Reading the review from motor trend for lc 500. They noted fastest time was in normal as well. Wonder if has to do with the transmission shifting harder in sport+ that detracts time but gives you that kick.
Old 05-04-17, 04:23 AM
airlaird
Pole Position

Received 32 Likes on 23 Posts

I fully understand the air density and temps...but you don't think the better times was due to the Borla? I thought the Borla added more hp and TQ...No cause and effect relationship on adding it?
airlaird
Old 05-04-17, 05:06 AM
ssmoked
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by airlaird
I fully understand the air density and temps...but you don't think the better times was due to the Borla? I thought the Borla added more hp and TQ...No cause and effect relationship on adding it?
airlaird
no. Bc my last trip while is over 90 degrees with the borla best time was 12.7

yes, according to my butt dyno it does pull harder compared to stock on the street. But the 10hp increase on a 2 ton car is not going to do much on the 1/4

Last edited by ssmoked; 05-04-17 at 05:26 AM.
Old 05-06-17, 02:34 AM
EvolutionR
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

quick question.. im running into a problem with my rcf lol. im equipped with the TVD package not sure if it will make a difference ( although saw a post tvd is slower than basic lsd) but every time im at the track now i avoid doing burnouts because my car get stuck on 2nd gear telling me the road is too slippery cant engage 1st... i get super pissed and im about to stage at 2nd gear lol... got a 13.9 lolol, anybody run into this problem? well it sucks i run 13.000 flat with 20x10.5 work genosis 295 rears toyo 4plus 35psi, borla catback and drop in.. and i know stock gets 12.8 now even faster. i launch at 1800rpm, 60'-2.210 lol horrible. and i really want to burnout but i face that stupid problem.. i can only get back on 1st if i hit over 18mph in motion but ill past the stage by then. wind is an issue where i track. cool day tho 60 degrees. anyone have that burnout problem?? i try to turn off car wait like 5 secs or put back to park then to manual... nothing lol, this is why i miss stick lol
Old 05-06-17, 02:36 AM
EvolutionR
Rookie

I know its sad so be nice hahah
Old 05-06-17, 02:43 AM
EvolutionR
Rookie

yes im slow and my wife sucks at recording lol

Old 05-06-17, 05:36 AM
ssmoked
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by EvolutionR
quick question.. im running into a problem with my rcf lol. im equipped with the TVD package not sure if it will make a difference ( although saw a post tvd is slower than basic lsd) but every time im at the track now i avoid doing burnouts because my car get stuck on 2nd gear telling me the road is too slippery cant engage 1st... i get super pissed and im about to stage at 2nd gear lol... got a 13.9 lolol, anybody run into this problem? well it sucks i run 13.000 flat with 20x10.5 work genosis 295 rears toyo 4plus 35psi, borla catback and drop in.. and i know stock gets 12.8 now even faster. i launch at 1800rpm, 60'-2.210 lol horrible. and i really want to burnout but i face that stupid problem.. i can only get back on 1st if i hit over 18mph in motion but ill past the stage by then. wind is an issue where i track. cool day tho 60 degrees. anyone have that burnout problem?? i try to turn off car wait like 5 secs or put back to park then to manual... nothing lol, this is why i miss stick lol
Not bad for first time. Mine was 12.8

here is what you need to do after the your car goes into 2nd gear slip mode... drive the car straight until it unlocks and goes back to 1st. Then reverse back to starting line. Yes, you will look silly front of everyone, but thats the only way. Also I found it better to use sport mode instead of sport+

With 60 degrees, 12.4 is easily achievable

Quick Reply: 12.467@ 115 best run tonight