RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

Windows and Sunroof

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-17, 08:27 AM
SinisteRCF
Rookie

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Windows and Sunroof

Hey guys, I have a stupid question. So I live in the sunny state of Florida which is a warmer climate pretty much most of the year as most of you may know. Although I love the luxury of air conditioning, I also like to hear the rumble of my engine and feel the wind blow through my hair or what's left of it anyways. On many occasions, I have rolled up my windows and shut the car off and as I start to walk away from the car realize that I left my sunroof open. Is there a way too close my sunroof or windows for that matter without have to turn my car on completely? I feel this causes more unneeded wear and tear. I apologize in advance if this has already been asked.
Old 04-07-17, 08:37 AM
mr2dave
Intermediate

Received 46 Likes on 41 Posts

I believe it can be programmed at the dealer to be able to roll up/down windows and sunroof via remote. I meant to have it done at my last service but forgot while there. I am sure someone else will chime in to confirm however.
Old 04-07-17, 08:48 AM
mjeds
Lexus Champion

Received 188 Likes on 145 Posts

no, they can only be opened via the key fob (press and hold the unlock for 3 seconds and continue to hold until sunroof is opened).

they (windows or sunroof) cannot be closed other than to put the car in ACC or start and manually press the close button..

there are aftermarket kits that can do it for some makes and models, no idea if any of them work on Lexus.. I had the feature installed via a Viper Alarm on my 2005 Chrysler 300 and on my 2010 Avalanche, arm the alarm and the windows rolled up and the sunroof closed.

Last edited by mjeds; 04-07-17 at 08:54 AM.
Old 04-07-17, 09:33 AM
paulwall4
Lead Lap

Received 49 Likes on 35 Posts

I know from my past lexus that if you enable the windows to go down via the key fob pressing unlock 3 times or 2 and holding it they come down and sunroof would open
and pressing lock a few times they would go back up and the sunroof would close

this was on my 07 es350
Old 04-07-17, 01:12 PM
Davew77
Lead Lap

Received 59 Likes on 48 Posts

My cars gives an alarm telling me that my sunroof is open as soon as I shut off the engine. How are you walking away from it without knowing it's open?
Old 04-07-17, 04:52 PM
mjeds
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Davew77
My cars gives an alarm telling me that my sunroof is open as soon as I shut off the engine. How are you walking away from it without knowing it's open?
I do it all the time as well, because typically I open the door before turning off the car, which triggers the beep beep alert, and you don't hear the sunroof alert over that and unless you look at the dash you don't see the dash alert.

Enform then informs me about 10 minutes later.

In my case it isn't forgetting so much as I don't hold the button long enough for it to enter the auto close mode, so it doesn't close. I have 3 cars and the others are a tap to close, the RCF is a hold to close so I forget.
Old 04-08-17, 07:08 AM
SinisteRCF
Rookie

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Talking

Originally Posted by mjeds
I do it all the time as well, because typically I open the door before turning off the car, which triggers the beep beep alert, and you don't hear the sunroof alert over that and unless you look at the dash you don't see the dash alert.

Enform then informs me about 10 minutes later.

In my case it isn't forgetting so much as I don't hold the button long enough for it to enter the auto close mode, so it doesn't close. I have 3 cars and the others are a tap to close, the RCF is a hold to close so I forget.
Exactly. In addition, I close my windows first so, I tend to forget about the sunroof. I'm getting better at remembering though
Old 04-08-17, 06:09 PM
2Insane
Driver

Received 47 Likes on 32 Posts

You need to turn on the car on order to roll up or down the windows. All you have to do is press the push start button 2x without pressing the brake pedal and that will turn on the electronics.
Old 04-08-17, 08:42 PM
mjeds
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by 2Insane
You need to turn on the car on order to roll up or down the windows. All you have to do is press the push start button 2x without pressing the brake pedal and that will turn on the electronics.

yes we know this, that isn't the issue.
Old 04-15-17, 03:43 PM
GAZA4Life
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey guys, I have been trying to get my windows to roll down using the key fob by pressing the unlock button 2 times and holding. This works on all my other models except on my RC F. Is this not available via key fob or is there something I'm missing?
Old 04-15-17, 04:02 PM
ssmoked
Lexus Champion

Received 97 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by GAZA4Life
Hey guys, I have been trying to get my windows to roll down using the key fob by pressing the unlock button 2 times and holding. This works on all my other models except on my RC F. Is this not available via key fob or is there something I'm missing?
most likely you are out of range. Lexus' key fob sucks
Old 04-15-17, 04:05 PM
GAZA4Life
Rookie

Originally Posted by ssmoked
most likely you are out of range. Lexus' key fob sucks
dammmm.... I mean like why would they allow it on older models and make range a factor for the new models😭😭😭😭
Old 04-15-17, 04:06 PM
isfvss
Racer

Received 140 Likes on 111 Posts

Try holding down the lock button (on the door handle,i don't know if its the same as ISF) until the windows, sunroof close works on the ISF, if not you can get your fob programed cheers.
Old 04-15-17, 04:25 PM
mjeds
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by isfvss
Try holding down the lock button (on the door handle,i don't know if its the same as ISF) until the windows, sunroof close works on the ISF, if not you can get your fob programed cheers.
doesn't work on the RC.. we don't actually have a button, we have two different touch sensors, one on the inside of the handle to unlock and one on the outside to lock.

see the indent on the left, that is our "lock button" and it is a momentary touch, holding your finger on it does nothing:

however I forgot that you can put the metal key in the drivers door lock and roll them up without having to get into or start the car.

Last edited by mjeds; 04-15-17 at 04:32 PM.
The following users liked this post:
GAZA4Life (04-15-17)
Old 04-15-17, 04:36 PM
GAZA4Life
Rookie

Originally Posted by mjeds
doesn't work on the RC.. we don't actually have a button, we have two different touch sensors, one on the inside of the handle to unlock and one on the outside to lock.

see the indent on the left, that is our "lock button" and it is a momentary touch, holding your finger on it does nothing:

however I forgot that you can put the metal key in the drivers door lock and roll them up without having to get into or start the car.
nice to know thanks a lot. Just wish that roll down option was there. Just tried on both my fobs and nothing... DAM DAM DAM

Quick Reply: Windows and Sunroof