After all this, I can't wait to hear it !! Send pictures and videos please

Good luck, I hope it turns out great
Originally Posted by PunisheRCF
Looking forward to videos for sound and pics
Thanks guys, will do.
Old 04-10-17 | 12:41 PM
JB5674
Advanced

This has been somewhat of a comical exchange, yet I'm happy to see the OP get the borla system installed. In this day, it's somewhat sad how mechanics " take people for a ride ". Looking back, the borla system is a true bolt on. No one, should have any issue with an install. Really, it's super easy. I had local exhaust shops try to charge me 3 hours of labor Aka the Lexus tax. I've been a car guy my whole life, I've learned certain shops either a) don't want the work or b) peg you as a sucker with a huge wallet. All and all, borla sells the system as " off road " due to the removal of the secondary cats. There's nothing wrong, but it's Borla's out for the legality aspect. You as the user / customer, it's more of a understanding that you agree to these terms. Shops that are audited for emissions inspections will not do any work where any cat is removed. Essentially that's their regulatory aspect and what allows them to stay in business as an authorized emissions inspection station. I've come across this in many conversations that I've had with people in many different states. Like the OP, just need to find an installer that you trust and that actually knows what is doing instead of trying to take your money. I'd recommend Borla as one of the best system for the car, not just because I run in....but it's the best bang for your buck and has a million mile warranty. I'll update my install thread but let's just say borla really separated themselves from any vendor purely on their customer service. Please post results of when the system is installed I know there will be many miles with smiles! Apologies to the OP, nobody deserves to be treated that way
The following users liked this post:
Spider21 (04-10-17)
Old 04-10-17 | 12:58 PM
GetKinetic
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by JB5674
This has been somewhat of a comical exchange, yet I'm happy to see the OP get the borla system installed. In this day, it's somewhat sad how mechanics " take people for a ride ". ...... Please post results of when the system is installed I know there will be many miles with smiles! Apologies to the OP, nobody deserves to be treated that way
Well said JB
Old 04-10-17 | 07:42 PM
Spider21
Rookie

All done
I sprayed the tips with high temp gloss prior to install, happy with the look.
Will drive around later...

Old 04-16-17 | 04:38 PM
Katrcf
Pit Crew

Looking fantastic!
Have the Borla on mine, love both the sound and performance increase, but mostly the sound!!! Now she sounds like the proper muscle car she is!
Technicslly not allowed here in So Cal, but my smog guy says as long as there's no code(there's not) and it sniffs clean, he can pass it. I don't know if a Lexus dealer would be able to do the same.
Not sure, but I'll find out at registration time due to smog check requirement. Saved original exhaust just in case, but would be a hassle to change. Might be a moot point as she's a lease and not sure yet what the buyout offer will be. I know what the lease says, but these girls haven't held their value very well (lc500!), and I'm hoping to be able to acquire better terms when the time comes. Would like to keep her as she keeps getting faster on the track and we're having so much fun with her!
I'm sure you'll really enjoy your new found "attitude" with your baby. Kind of changes the whole driving experience, I've found!
BTW, sounds like your govt regs are worse than ours! I didn't think that was possible!
Old 04-16-17 | 07:52 PM
troyhuynhv
Driver School Candidate

Looks sick, and jealous of those license plates.
Old 04-16-17 | 09:39 PM
SinisteRCF
Rookie

Glad you got it resolved. The exhaust looks awesome. I'll be traveling to Sidney this July. Hope to see some Aussie RCFS when in out there.
Old 04-17-17 | 03:09 AM
isfvss
Racer

You will be lucky more Mustangs than ISF AND RCF put together ^^^^