RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

American Racing Headers - Header System

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-17, 01:11 AM
cosmo1
Pole Position

Received 28 Likes on 27 Posts

One of the problems I do not understand is if rr-racing has done so much R&d and logged so many miles with their sc with no issues then why should anyone be having any kind of issues past 6k with the maf? It makes so sense. I also have much respect for rr-racing and currently have their tune in my car. It's funny because even on the video they posted of the track day with the new sc they were short shifting before 6k so surely they were aware of something.......
Old 06-18-17, 07:55 AM
JT2MA71

Received 1,576 Likes on 688 Posts

Originally Posted by SmurFPwr
oh hell, i just saw that IG post saying that they were partnering with ekanoo, many people don't know this but rumor has it they have been able to get into the lexus ecu for quite some time. A little birdie told me ekanoo is partnering with another US company to put out a supercharger for the LC500 followed by a system for the RCF/GSF but it will be a root style charger.
I wouldn't be surprised if Shane T. is the one he's partnering with. Shane T is the best tuner out there, he's EK's main Motec guy. Very friendly person, there will be no issues with customer support for sure, I've dealt with him in the past when I still had my Supra with a full motec system. A couple times, he didn't even charge me a penny! And he shares a lot of his knowledge!
The following users liked this post:
SmurFPwr (06-27-17)
Old 06-18-17, 08:10 AM
cosmo1
Pole Position

That's awesome news, can't wait to hear more!!!!
Old 06-18-17, 05:35 PM
Diesel350
Lexus Champion

Received 74 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by ROK
not touching their products with a 10 ft pole
Details?????????
Old 06-18-17, 06:53 PM
rfugio68
Rookie

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Diesel350
Details?????????
In for details, ARH arguably makes the best headers for high hp gt500, corvettes and vipers. Saying you wouldn't touch them "within a 10ft pole" is interesting to say the least.
Diode Dynamics (06-19-17)
Old 06-18-17, 09:26 PM
IMCHIA
Lead Lap

Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts

oh hell, i just saw that IG post saying that they were partnering with ekanoo, many people don't know this but rumor has it they have been able to get into the lexus ecu for quite some time. A little birdie told me ekanoo is partnering with another US company to put out a supercharger for the LC500 followed by a system for the RCF/GSF but it will be a root style charger.
I'm pretty sure it's Boost Logic out of Austin, TX. If you check their website, they said they will be releasing a supercharger for the LC. Should shake up things once released!
Old 06-26-17, 07:08 PM
JB5674
Advanced

Received 50 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by cosmo1
There's nothing wrong with good competition plus there is already an issue with the maf with rr-racing's sc..
Tucker pulled off from me once we left the ice cream spot....post RR open house. Let's say this...The SC spits and screams from the lower gears. It sounds amazing!!! The GT exhaust is louder than mine ( Borla and Ppe ) all you hear is air sucking in and spitting out the bov.

Mid have to imagine you bounced 3rd not 4th?

Just a few months til mine. I'd like to see one more rcf with some miles besides Pete before pulling the trigger.

Subb'd. Congrats again Tucker! It's bad ***!!
Old 06-27-17, 10:34 AM
SmurFPwr
Driver

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by IMCHIA
I'm pretty sure it's Boost Logic out of Austin, TX. If you check their website, they said they will be releasing a supercharger for the LC. Should shake up things once released!
that is exactly who it is : )
Old 06-27-17, 11:11 AM
RCFormante
Supercharged!

Received 61 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by JB5674
Tucker pulled off from me once we left the ice cream spot....post RR open house. Let's say this...The SC spits and screams from the lower gears. It sounds amazing!!! The GT exhaust is louder than mine ( Borla and Ppe ) all you hear is air sucking in and spitting out the bov.

Just a few months til mine. I'd like to see one more rcf with some miles besides Pete before pulling the trigger.

Lol thanks! The look on your face was priceless! I probably bounced off the rev limiter over 20 times that day just to see, it's a different animal with it now. I hit peak boost at 7.25 PSI btw, it may make more than 570 whp
Old 06-28-17, 04:03 AM
RRRacing
Sponsor

Received 1,399 Likes on 642 Posts

ekanoo has 4 of our RCF kits, one of which they just installed. They told us they will install one of these kits on an LC500, but as far as we know tuning hasn't been sorted for the lc500 yet. Pic below of a recent ekanoo install on an RCF:

RR Racing RCF Supercharger installed by eKanoo

Originally Posted by cosmo1
There's nothing wrong with good competition plus there is already an issue with the maf with rr-racing's sc..
We had a temporary issue. We changed some hardware and tune from what we used in the initial development, and we did not have fuel cut issues initially. The recent changes we made to hardware and tune resulted in an unexpected fuel cut issue, which necessitated making a electronic module. It took several weeks to test and make the modules, and its done. Some of the kits already sold received the modules, and the rest will be shipped out tomorrow.

-Rafi
Email: Contact@RR-Racing.com
Phone: 484-756-1777
Facebook : Youtube

Last edited by RRRacing; 06-28-17 at 11:57 AM.
Old 06-28-17, 09:10 AM
FunRCF
Driver School Candidate

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

I have about 350 miles since my RR supercharger install by Rafi. It's also running PPE headers along with borla exhaust. I will be taking it to the track soon enough to make sure all the maf stuff is in check. But as of now, it's running like a dream.
Originally Posted by JB5674

SmurFPwr (07-01-17)
Old 06-28-17, 11:48 AM
ARH
Former Sponsor

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts
Default American Racing Headers

Hello everyone,

We apologize for the delay in posting replies to your concerns on ClubLexus. The vendor registration process took quite some time to get set up. We will be making an official thread regarding the systems available along with more details about who we are for those of you who are not familiar.

Thank you!
The following 3 users liked this post by ARH:
Diode Dynamics (06-28-17), Kira X (06-28-17), SmurFPwr (07-01-17)
Old 06-29-17, 11:34 AM
cosmo1
Pole Position

I like the nice smooth end tanks on the intercooler but it looks really small and almost certain have heat soak after a single pass...
Old 06-29-17, 01:09 PM
ARH
Former Sponsor

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

Hi guys,

We started a thread for you in the Vendor section about this system in detail. Please let us know if we can help answer any questions for you!

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/cl-...t-systems.html

-John
Old 06-29-17, 04:21 PM
cosmo1
Pole Position

Couldn't help but to notice the additional oil cooler sitting on the front. Im guessing its for the supercharger? A few questions, is there a thermostatic plate on the other end and how much oil pressure loss since the car already has one feeding the motor?

Quick Reply: American Racing Headers - Header System