RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

American Racing Headers - Header System

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-17, 06:49 PM
RRRacing
Sponsor

Received 1,399 Likes on 642 Posts

Originally Posted by cosmo1
I like the nice smooth end tanks on the intercooler but it looks really small and almost certain have heat soak after a single pass...
This is not true, the intercooler is properly sized and track tested at 97Fdeg days (see our youtube video from October last year).

You need to understand that this setup is running at 6psi boost, and its only peaking at 6psi at high RPM. The intercooler is quite big actually, with a 4x12" cross section and 10" length. It is not necessary to have a long intercooler in this application because due to the minimal pressure, the air does not get very hot! For example, you cannot compare a 5L v8 running 6psi boost pressure and 670hp to a 4 banger turbo running 30psi+ to make the same HP. The car running 30psi is going to see about 300deg F increase in discharge temp, whereas at 6psi temp increase is only about 60deg F. The other disadvantage to lengthening the core is it will increase the pressure drop, and if you are only running 6psi, getting a 0.2-0.5psi pressure drop from an intercooler will more than negate any benefit.

If the car is not moving, all intercoolers will heat soak. So if drag racing is a priority, then it would probably help to install a 10" puller fan behind the intercooler.

Originally Posted by cosmo1
Couldn't help but to notice the additional oil cooler sitting on the front. Im guessing its for the supercharger? A few questions, is there a thermostatic plate on the other end and how much oil pressure loss since the car already has one feeding the motor?
The Rotrex supercharger uses a dry sump lubrication system so the cooler you see up front is for the SC, and has nothing to do with the engine.

Rafi
Email: Contact@RR-Racing.com
Phone: 484-756-1777
Facebook : Youtube

The following users liked this post:
cosmo1 (07-01-17)
Old 07-01-17, 04:59 PM
cosmo1
Pole Position

Received 28 Likes on 27 Posts

Very impressive, makes sense...
RRRacing (07-04-17)
Old 07-07-17, 10:06 AM
ARH
Former Sponsor

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

If anyone is on the fence regarding the check engine light situation when using the ARH headers, rest assured that RR Racing is more than capable of tuning the RC-F to remedy this light, as well as extract the maximum power from the setup.
The following 2 users liked this post by ARH:
Danblanco (07-24-17), RRRacing (07-10-17)
Old 07-20-17, 12:10 PM
ARH
Former Sponsor

Bump! We're working on a solution to connect existing cat-backs to our long tube header system. Stay tuned.
The following 2 users liked this post by ARH:
Danblanco (07-24-17), fasttexasz (07-20-17)
Old 07-20-17, 02:54 PM
IMCHIA
Lead Lap

Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by ARH
Bump! We're working on a solution to connect existing cat-backs to our long tube header system. Stay tuned.
Awesome - could be very interested! I love my Borla catback and this has been what has stopped me from pursuing ARH at the moment.
The following 2 users liked this post by IMCHIA:
Danblanco (07-24-17), Meraki Autoworks (07-21-17)
Old 07-24-17, 10:02 AM
ARH
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by IMCHIA
Awesome - could be very interested! I love my Borla catback and this has been what has stopped me from pursuing ARH at the moment.
We are working on the design and options for the connection pipes. Thank you for your patience.
Danblanco (07-24-17)
Old 07-25-17, 06:03 AM
Ne1tHeRe
Instructor

Received 111 Likes on 107 Posts

Originally Posted by ARH
With CAT or without or both?
Old 07-25-17, 12:08 PM
ARH
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Ne1tHeRe
With CAT or without or both?
We're aiming for both options, space permitting
Old 08-07-17, 12:52 PM
ARH
Former Sponsor

Default Questions?

Hey guys,

We wanted to address a couple of concerns about the system that were asked of us by a customer interested in purchasing.
  1. Does the installation require the relocation of the dipstick or a new dipstick tube like the PPE and Sikky headers do? If so, does the system come with a new tube like the Sikky set does? The installation of the ARH headers does NOT require any modification, relocation, or replacement of the factory dipstick tube aside from removing it during the installation and reinstalling it just as it was from the factory. We designed our header to retain as much of the car's integrity as possible, as this is the only way to ensure reliability.
  1. You had mentioned in posts that the check engine light can be fixed with a tune. Is Kanoo making their tune available in the US? Just curious, I know RR Racing can do it, just looking for other potential vendors. That is correct. We installed a full system on one RC-F locally and it took a few days of driving for the computer to figure out that something was changed, which it then threw a CEL for. Going through Kanoo racing would be a bit more difficult due to the extreme distance. We would recommend either RR Racing or TTFS for the tuning on these cars. If you are interested in purchasing the system we can definitely link you up with one of these tuners who can take care of your exact needs.
  1. Is this something that an exhaust shop can easily install? Any recommendations? I saw a how to that Sikky put together on an IS-F, it looked pretty complicated, even for guys very familiar with the Lexus cars. Any competent technician should be able to install the system as long as they are aware of the delicate components and take their time doing the install. It would be best to take it to a shop that routinely installs headers (Similar to Mustang, Corvette, Camaro, etc.) rather than a tuner shop that works on only Japanese imports (V8 cars are a bit different in that sense and resemble the Ford and GM power plant in that sense) We have a dealer locater on our website that can assist with finding a shop closest to you that specializes in installing ARH systems. It can be found here:
​​​​​​https://americanracingheaders.com/apps/store-locator/

If anyone has any other questions please feel free to send me a PM and I'll address any concerns. Thank you again for the support.

John @ ARH
Old 08-17-17, 04:16 PM
ARH
Former Sponsor

We have seen many variations in the aftermarket cat-back systems available for this car and making a connection pipe kit is POSSIBLE, however there are too many combinations of pipe diameter and location that would prove to be difficult to mate with a makeshift solution. If you are willing to do a bit of fabrication we can definitely supply something that you can work with for a custom application.