RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

So who is trading in their RCF for LC500

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-17, 04:49 PM
Bilious72
10th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I spoke with someone at the local,Lexus dealer when I brought my RCF in for service. They had two reps from Chicago bring down a pair of hybrid LC 500's last week, and were told a twin turbo 600+ horsepower version was on the way.
Old 05-10-17, 06:27 PM
johnnyreb
Racer

Received 60 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by Bilious72
I spoke with someone at the local,Lexus dealer when I brought my RCF in for service. They had two reps from Chicago bring down a pair of hybrid LC 500's last week, and were told a twin turbo 600+ horsepower version was on the way.
Yes & WHAT is the $$$$$$ tag that's coming WITH IT!
Old 05-10-17, 06:35 PM
Bilious72
10th Gear

Originally Posted by johnnyreb
Yes & WHAT is the $$$$$$ tag that's coming WITH IT!
Lol. I have no idea, but I'm sure it will be a LOT.
Old 05-10-17, 06:41 PM
johnnyreb
Racer

Originally Posted by lexusnutt
You don't think that some empty nesting soccer mom will trade in her RX for an LC? The LC500 is a "pretty" car compared to the RCF's aggressive lines.I guess time will tell.
On another note, I loved my LS460 but had to get rid of it when I saw too many gray haired grandma's driving them.
What do you think the LS460's are for, Usually for people with $$$$$ that want Luxury & Beauty with a Great ride that's hard to beat (that's usually going to be people that are a lil' older that can afford them)! I don't know ANYBODY that buys an LS460 to make it a street ride to lower it & put mag wheels & a loud exhaust system on it! It's a LUXURY Car!!!!!!!! Just cause you mite be a lil' younger & can afford ANY ride you want, IF you're going for a Luxury car, there's ALWAYS going to be OLDER people that have them too. If you don't want to see any OLD people driving a ride like you have go get a Lambo or a Viper!
Old 05-10-17, 06:49 PM
johnnyreb
Racer

It's simple. Has anyone seen a woman drive an RCF?

The LC500 will attract females into the sports coupe market that the RCF doesn't.
Not sure about that but an older lady was at Walgreens last week in a white RCF, I waited around just to see who's it was just cause it's the first RCF I've seen around where I live & yes she was probably in her LATE 60's & you could tell she wasn't really taking care of it. What made it even worse was, she was GREY headed with A LOT of make-up!
Old 05-10-17, 09:32 PM
lexusrus
Pole Position

Received 250 Likes on 228 Posts

Haha, that "older lady" will most likely trading in the RCF for a brand new LS460!!! That's what happened​with my RCF. Some "older lady" traded the RCF that I bought with just 2k miles on the odo for a brand new LS460 back in October 2015. I was told that the RCF's ride was just too stiff for her. She liked the ride in LS460 way better vs the RCF. So all worked out well for both of us. I got my RCF and she got her LS460. ALL GOOD.

Originally Posted by johnnyreb
Not sure about that but an older lady was at Walgreens last week in a white RCF, I waited around just to see who's it was just cause it's the first RCF I've seen around where I live & yes she was probably in her LATE 60's & you could tell she wasn't really taking care of it. What made it even worse was, she was GREY headed with A LOT of make-up!
Old 05-10-17, 10:28 PM
Ctrl-F
Pole Position

Received 33 Likes on 29 Posts

Indeed, in my search for an RC F, I've come across Lexus sales reps who have mentioned former owners who had surrendered their cars as "older ladies." They had changed their minds. Not sure why these older ladies with no knowledge about high performance are buying these and other sports vehicles. Interesting, though. They probably don't think they're old when riding around in these.
Old 05-11-17, 05:03 AM
lexusnutt
Intermediate

Received 37 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by lexusrus
Some "older lady" traded the RCF that I bought with just 2k miles on the odo for a brand new LS460 back in October 2015.
With that kind of mileage, she only drove it on Sundays! LOLOL
Old 05-11-17, 08:18 AM
Deanrcf
Pole Position

Received 53 Likes on 37 Posts

They're probably thinking the RCF is closer to the SC430, but it truly isn't
Old 05-11-17, 09:27 AM
finny76
Advanced

Received 83 Likes on 56 Posts

Maybe that will be called the LC-F... If so at 600HP its going to directly compete with the NSX, GTR and a few other cars that are 600hp+

Interesting.....
Old 05-11-17, 01:51 PM
Slash300zx
Instructor

Received 107 Likes on 52 Posts

Those were the rumors that one of the big car magazines (forget which one it was) was saying and Lexus came and denied everything about a Twin Turbo 600+hp LC-F being in the works... but did say to expect an F or at least a concept F later on in the year, I believe for the Tokyo auto show
Old 05-11-17, 02:16 PM
DzNutz
Driver School Candidate

No, not me.

I'm waiting for LC-F.

If there was ever any doubt Lexus was planning a full-blown F variant for the LC coupe, that can be put to rest now. Toyota has filed a trademark application for the name “Lexus LC F” in Europe.

The filing was submitted to the European Union Intellectual Property Office on February 6. Four days earlier, Toyota submitted an application for “LC F” minus the Lexus branding. The trademarks were filed as Nice Classification (NCL) 12, which under the 1957 Nice Agreement corresponds to “vehicles; apparatus for locomotion by land, air, or water.”

That’s about all the info the documents tell us, unfortunately. But we can assume the LC F will ride on Lexus’ new GA-L platform for front-engine, rear-wheel-drive luxury cars. We can also assume it will make more power than the current LC 500, which boasts 471 hp and 398 lb-ft of torque from its naturally aspirated V-8 engine. A few years back we had heard Lexus was working on a twin-turbocharged version of that engine for the LC good for around 600 hp. If such an engine is destined for the LC F, it would best the 577-hp twin-turbo 5.5-liter V-8 in the Mercedes-AMG S63 Coupe as well as the 560-hp twin-turbo 4.4-liter V-8 in the BMW M6.

We liked what the standard LC had to offer, so we’re excited to learn more about what Lexus has cooking for the LC F. Stay tuned.
Old 05-11-17, 03:18 PM
Frog98
Lead Lap

Received 36 Likes on 12 Posts

Nope, traded my RC F a while back for an LX. No regrets! I've found the LX to be the best Lexus I have owned so far.
Old 05-11-17, 06:51 PM
Katrcf
Pit Crew

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Not trading, will actually probably buy it at the end of the lease if the finance co will haggle enough!
BTW, this is HER car, she fell in love with it taking the RX in for service one day. She even needed the perf pkg! Sold the Rx to a neighbor almost a year after getting the RCF. Now, we just got a nx so she can have a trucklet again, but she won't get rid of the RCF, she loves the v8 power with Borla sound. Autocross and tracks the car regularly.
so, I do know at least one girl with one, also see another at the high school nearby with who I assume to be the mom driving and picking up her kid (soccer mom style) after school.
Old 05-11-17, 08:28 PM
lexusrus
Pole Position

Received 250 Likes on 228 Posts

I saw the paperwork (after I had signed on the dotted line to buy the RCF) from the prior owner at the dealership ("some older lady") and personally saw it in print her name, DOB, and the dates when she bought the RCF and when she turned it in for the brand new LS460. Don't know what she was thinking when she bought it? I was told she is an owner of a large business nearby so she just didn't want the RCF anymore and got the LS460 instead. I checked the RCF and did not see any real mechanical issues plus the Lexus dealership certified it as "L" certified which had some additional money tacked onto the price. But I was able to negotiate it down to where I thought was a good deal for me. All good. No regrets.

With that kind of mileage, she only drove it on Sundays! LOLOL

Quick Reply: So who is trading in their RCF for LC500