RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

Alfa Romeo 4c or Porsche 718 Cayman

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-17, 07:09 AM
Diode Dynamics
Former Sponsor

Received 92 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by jkonquer
It sure is, very worth it. But I also heard that the new GTR's are selling very cheap as well.
I may try to scoop up a 2017 at some point in the future. I love what they did with the front-end update.

Nick C.
Old 05-22-17, 07:24 AM
jkonquer
Instructor

Received 79 Likes on 64 Posts

The new GTR should come out within few years. So I'm sure 2017's price should drop quite a bit.
Old 05-22-17, 08:01 AM
ROK
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Easy. Neither.
Old 05-22-17, 08:45 AM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

Viper before they are gone
Old 06-07-17, 12:20 AM
jkonquer
Instructor

What do you guys think about the new gt350? I found one new for msrp, very tempting.
Old 06-07-17, 05:46 AM
ssmoked
Lexus Champion

Received 97 Likes on 84 Posts

What do you guys think about the new gt350? I found one new for msrp, very tempting.
at the end of the day, it's still a mustang. They don't run much faster than the RCF on the 1/4 either
Old 06-07-17, 06:05 AM
Diode Dynamics
Former Sponsor

The S550 is a big leap forward from the S197 chassis for the Mustang. However, it's definitely not a luxury vehicle. If you want a good mix of luxury and performance, I'd stick with the RCF, or one of it's german rivals.

The GT350 is definitely more of a weekend toy. They are a blast to drive, sound awesome, etc etc, but I'm not sure I would want to daily an S550 at this point.

Nick C.
Old 06-07-17, 06:07 AM
Apone
Pole Position

Received 62 Likes on 51 Posts

My mechanic bought one late last year. Fantastic engine and handling, sounds incredible and I like the outside look. Very potent machine. I did not like the interior, at all. The wheel was the best part but the seats were surprisingly tight (track car) the sound system was not good and there was a ton of black plastic. If your focus is on the drive, it's a winner. In the same class I think the Camaro ZL1 would be a more capable car but that may be GT350R money. Only you and a few others will know what it is, everyone else will see a mustang with a loud exhaust if that matters to you.
Old 06-07-17, 09:54 AM
BLexodus
Pole Position

Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by ssmoked
at the end of the day, it's still a mustang. They don't run much faster than the RCF on the 1/4 either
Originally Posted by Diode Dynamics
The S550 is a big leap forward from the S197 chassis for the Mustang. However, it's definitely not a luxury vehicle. If you want a good mix of luxury and performance, I'd stick with the RCF, or one of it's german rivals.

The GT350 is definitely more of a weekend toy. They are a blast to drive, sound awesome, etc etc, but I'm not sure I would want to daily an S550 at this point.

Nick C.
Originally Posted by Apone
My mechanic bought one late last year. Fantastic engine and handling, sounds incredible and I like the outside look. Very potent machine. I did not like the interior, at all. The wheel was the best part but the seats were surprisingly tight (track car) the sound system was not good and there was a ton of black plastic. If your focus is on the drive, it's a winner. In the same class I think the Camaro ZL1 would be a more capable car but that may be GT350R money. Only you and a few others will know what it is, everyone else will see a mustang with a loud exhaust if that matters to you.
The GT350 is sooooo bad4ss! It might not smoke the RCF in a straight line but it will kill it on the track based on what I've read. The one I rode in did not have the track seats, the seats were leather and were heated and cooled, I thought it was very comfortable for being such a high performance car. And best sounding stock car under $100k in my opinion!
Old 06-07-17, 10:38 AM
Diode Dynamics
Former Sponsor

The GT350 and RCF are pretty different cars though. The RCF is not a track-prepped beast. It's a heavy luxury GT car with competitive performance figures.

Can't argue on sound though, the GT350 sounds amazing, especially with headers.

Nick C.
Old 06-07-17, 10:55 PM
jkonquer
Instructor

Nick C.
I'm in the market for peformance couple under $80 as well. I would never get a turbocharged vehicles like M4 again since they really don't get me excited, at least at this point of my life. Even drove my friends GTR and it was very muted down. Sure HP was cool when i was in my younger 20's.

Now, I want something that is rewarding with higher revs. Something like earlier cayman, miata, rcf or gt350.

Test drove the RCF and quite frankly, it just felt like my current 3IS with more power. Which is great, but it just doesnt have that urgency and rawness. Maybe if it had 1k more rpm?

As far as gt350, it is a beast. It is not about the number or performance stats. It is just a pure driver's car. Other than its crappy interior and ford reliability. It is one of those cars that you keep forever.
Old 06-08-17, 05:47 AM
Diode Dynamics
Former Sponsor

The sound from the M4 absolutely kills it for me. Plus the looks are kinda meh IMO. (My dad has an E92 M3, that's a different story, love that thing).

I agree with your assessment of the RCF, but I figured a few aftermarket modifications would get it exactly where I want it for a daily. The GT350 is an amazing car, and an incredible package for the money. I just want a little more luxury myself, since I've been daily driving a Mustang for a while now.

Also, the interior on the RCF is worlds apart from the GT350 IMO.

I'm excited to see what the next GT500 comes out looking like

Nick C.
Old 06-09-17, 12:18 PM
jkonquer
Instructor

The sound from the M4 absolutely kills it for me. Plus the looks are kinda meh IMO. (My dad has an E92 M3, that's a different story, love that thing).

I agree with your assessment of the RCF, but I figured a few aftermarket modifications would get it exactly where I want it for a daily. The GT350 is an amazing car, and an incredible package for the money. I just want a little more luxury myself, since I've been daily driving a Mustang for a while now.

Also, the interior on the RCF is worlds apart from the GT350 IMO.

I'm excited to see what the next GT500 comes out looking like

Nick C.
Interior on gt350 feels like a race car, cheap and simple. Which is something I'll probably get used to. I'm mainly more worried about the maintenance and reliability.
Old 06-12-17, 09:23 AM
Diode Dynamics
Former Sponsor

Exactly, which is what they were going for lol. I wasn't worried about interior quality and feel when I was in high-school or college, but now that I'm older, I want more luxury and reliability.

Our S550 hasn't skipped a beat reliability wise, but it has had some really annoying issues like the Sync Headunit freezing or just randomly resetting. It sucks on long road trips, because sometimes you can't fix it until you pull over and shut the car off.

I'm looking at the RCF because of it's combination of reliability, luxury, performance, and build quality. I was blown away by the 2017 I test drove!

Nick C.
Old 06-13-17, 11:00 AM
lexusrus
Pole Position

Received 250 Likes on 228 Posts

You should get the RCF!!!👍👍👍😁😁😀

I know what you mean. I kept my old MB SLK55 AMG hardtop convertible, the last dinosaur in the MB line up with a NA V8 5.5 liter engine!!! No major problems except for the NAVI multimedia occasionally freezing up, LOL.

My bad, I thought you were talking about the MB S550.
​​​​

Exactly, which is what they were going for lol. I wasn't worried about interior quality and feel when I was in high-school or college, but now that I'm older, I want more luxury and reliability.

Our S550 hasn't skipped a beat reliability wise, but it has had some really annoying issues like the Sync Headunit freezing or just randomly resetting. It sucks on long road trips, because sometimes you can't fix it until you pull over and shut the car off.

I'm looking at the RCF because of it's combination of reliability, luxury, performance, and build quality. I was blown away by the 2017 I test drove!

Nick C.

Last edited by lexusrus; 06-13-17 at 11:05 AM.
The following users liked this post:
Diode Dynamics (06-13-17)

Quick Reply: Alfa Romeo 4c or Porsche 718 Cayman