RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

Alfa Romeo 4c or Porsche 718 Cayman

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-17, 12:31 PM
jkonquer
Instructor

Received 79 Likes on 64 Posts

Originally Posted by Diode Dynamics
Exactly, which is what they were going for lol. I wasn't worried about interior quality and feel when I was in high-school or college, but now that I'm older, I want more luxury and reliability.

Our S550 hasn't skipped a beat reliability wise, but it has had some really annoying issues like the Sync Headunit freezing or just randomly resetting. It sucks on long road trips, because sometimes you can't fix it until you pull over and shut the car off.

I'm looking at the RCF because of it's combination of reliability, luxury, performance, and build quality. I was blown away by the 2017 I test drove!

Nick C.
I'm waiting on the 2018 just to see what they do with the vehicle.
Went to the Ford dealership, saw the vehicle, almost bought GT350. But they wouldn't give me anything for my current IS350 since they would need to auction it off to a lexus dealer. So I would either have to sell the IS350 or trade it in at a Lexus dealership.

But I loved the car. the clutch felt too soft and has that weird two stage springs. But everything else felt great.
The following users liked this post:
Diode Dynamics (06-14-17)
Old 06-13-17, 01:13 PM
DougHII
Lexus Test Driver

Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts

The Alfa Romeo Quadrofoglio is a beast. I had one for the weekend and got to open it up. Very cool car, very quick and sounds great.

I heard these things were sold out through the end of the year, but this one is available:

https://www.musiccitymotorcars.com/n...FAEAV2H7541851
Attached Thumbnails Alfa Romeo 4c or Porsche 718 Cayman-img_3555.jpg   Alfa Romeo 4c or Porsche 718 Cayman-img_3544.jpg  

Last edited by DougHII; 06-13-17 at 08:30 PM.
Old 06-13-17, 08:34 PM
DougHII
Lexus Test Driver

The sound from the M4 absolutely kills it for me. Plus the looks are kinda meh IMO. (My dad has an E92 M3, that's a different story, love that thing).

I agree with your assessment of the RCF, but I figured a few aftermarket modifications would get it exactly where I want it for a daily. The GT350 is an amazing car, and an incredible package for the money. I just want a little more luxury myself, since I've been daily driving a Mustang for a while now.

Also, the interior on the RCF is worlds apart from the GT350 IMO.

I'm excited to see what the next GT500 comes out looking like

Nick C.
I love the sound of my F80 M3 with competition package. The exhaust sounds much better, especially on sports engine setting where the valves are open 100% of the time. Great over run pop and crackle and pretty dang loud. The M4 Competition Package would sound the same. I agree that the regular F8X without ZCP package sounds lame as hell.
The following users liked this post:
Diode Dynamics (06-14-17)
Old 06-14-17, 06:22 AM
Diode Dynamics
Former Sponsor

Received 92 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by DougHII
I love the sound of my F80 M3 with competition package. The exhaust sounds much better, especially on sports engine setting where the valves are open 100% of the time. Great over run pop and crackle and pretty dang loud. The M4 Competition Package would sound the same. I agree that the regular F8X without ZCP package sounds lame as hell.
I haven't heard an F8X M3/M4 with the competition exhaust yet. It has to be better than the previous model years though, hard to do any worse IMO. The BMW may be a slightly better driver's car than the RCF, but I'd take an NA V8 exhaust note, and Lexus reliability over those slight differences any day. That's why I'm getting an RCF.

Nick C.
Old 06-14-17, 06:26 AM
DougHII
Lexus Test Driver

I haven't heard an F8X M3/M4 with the competition exhaust yet. It has to be better than the previous model years though, hard to do any worse IMO. The BMW may be a slightly better driver's car than the RCF, but I'd take an NA V8 exhaust note, and Lexus reliability over those slight differences any day. That's why I'm getting an RCF.

Nick C.
Cool. You cannot go wrong with either. I loved my RCF right up until the time I totaled it.
Old 06-14-17, 05:54 PM
Spam89
Intermediate

Received 47 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by DougHII
Cool. You cannot go wrong with either. I loved my RCF right up until the time I totaled it.
Do you miss your RCF sometimes?
Old 06-14-17, 08:06 PM
DougHII
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Spam89
Do you miss your RCF sometimes?
Not any more as I am pretty far removed. I really like having a manual transmission in my M3 and spend a lot of time in this cherry little mint 997.2 cab I picked up for my wife to drive over the summer. I did miss it at first and it took a while to get used to the M3 mainly due to the seating position.