shadow1118
Intermediate

Received 43 Likes on 38 Posts

Obligatory photo of me to make thread perfect
Old 05-22-17, 08:50 PM
lexusrus
Pole Position

Received 250 Likes on 228 Posts

I would hope that Lexus dealership DID NOT operate like that!!! These days, enough of "very young" folks have the money to buy a "luxury car" of any kind.

Isn't it true that Lexus is trying to gain more market share from the "young crowd"? Hence all the redesigned front grill and aggressive lines and the "F" series???

I remembered back in the 80's when Lexus first introduced the LS400, one of my relatives overseas in Asia wanted one. This was especially true since at the time NO LEXUS were "really" allowed to be imported into the "old country". One can do it but will need to pay extremely high tariffs to bring it in. The loop hole was that an international student studying in the USA from the "old country" can bring back upon completion of studies ONE CAR ONE LIFETIME ANY CAR with no tariffs. So my relative sent their 22 year old daughter who was studying MBA in Alabama at the time to a Lexus dealership to buy an LS400. The first Lexus dealership DID NOT TAKE HER SERIOUSLY. They did not even allowed her to test drive!!! So my relatives complained to Lexus HQ and very quickly got a call and a letter of apology and referred her to another Lexus dealership. She went and bought one. She was treated like a QUEEN at the other Lexus dealership. She subsequently brought the LS400 back to the old country upon MBA graduation the following year. . At the time that was the first of only a few Lexus in the ",,old country". So don't judge a book by cover.

Originally Posted by ssmoked
bc lets face it, at 23, a luxury dealer does not take you seriously with anything.

How long ago were you 23?
Old 05-22-17, 08:55 PM
lexusrus
Pole Position

Received 250 Likes on 228 Posts

No worries. Mine was OVERFILLED by some 1.5 to 2 inches above the mark. All good.

Originally Posted by shadow1118
LMAOOO BRO , they went out to lunch together too . Ssmoked you always make laugh man.

right... im super respectful though, thats why the guy worked with me , im not like these other millennials.

cool

So i drove pretty hard with it overfilled , you think it will be ok?? probably like 100 miles. I do have a warranty with them for like 6 more years, so i guess if a problem shows up Ill be good. I went al out with a warranty I always do. They told me it was a little overfilled so Im praying its fine and It doesnt shorten the life of my engine, cause im planning to go 200k miles with this car. thanks for the input
The following users liked this post:
shadow1118 (05-22-17)
Old 05-22-17, 09:10 PM
shadow1118
Intermediate

Originally Posted by lexusrus
No worries. Mine was OVERFILLED by some 1.5 to 2 inches above the mark. All good.
to me there was a night and day difference with the driving , i could tell with the overfill. , i feel like the engine was working harder with more oil. alright now im not worried about it anymore, whew.
Old 05-22-17, 09:40 PM
phphung
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Does the owner's manual tell you to check the engine when its hot or cold?
Old 05-22-17, 10:12 PM
MJG87
Driver

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

to me there was a night and day difference with the driving , i could tell with the overfill. , i feel like the engine was working harder with more oil. alright now i'm not worried about it anymore, whew.
It was likely psychological, like when an air filter makes a "huge difference" to performance. The engine wouldn't have even noticed it was overfilled, they are designed to allow for things like and extra .2 quarts of oil. Best thing is that your mind should be at ease now, back to enjoying the car!

I bought my GS460 because I was using my 2 track cars as dailies, Too many strange noises, old parts, squeaks and rattles, bumps, plenty of fun, but too much straining to listen to and feel everything to check if its running perfect.

The Lexus is the opposite, sit down, foot down, have fun.
The following users liked this post:
shadow1118 (05-22-17)
Old 05-22-17, 11:56 PM
dicer
Lead Lap

Received 97 Likes on 89 Posts

A small over fill should not do a thing. All dip sticks I have ever checked it seems are too low, and that supports having a bit of over fill okay.
Old 05-23-17, 12:31 AM
isfvss
Racer

Received 142 Likes on 113 Posts

Overfilled oil can be bad as your crank whips it around and causes the oil to be aeriated which causes bearings to spin or seize (Lack of oil) so don't redline it when over full ya fool
Old 05-23-17, 07:30 AM
Sparker
Rookie

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

In regards to oil changes... i drive my car hard... everyday. 'm at 22k miles now I just had an oil change a month or so ago and I used 2 5qt jugs of Liquimolly. The car does burn some oil so i'm not worried about .2 quarts overfill as it'll likely just get burned off, this is normal for a high-revving engine. And before anyone suggests seepage or faulty gasket.. i've checked.. no issues.

As for "young Lexus customers" I've been a Lexus customer for some time now, my first being a GS350 f sport at 22, and i got my RCF at 24.. I am now 26. My dealership loves me, this is my 3rd car from them and I've probably sent them another 4-5 customers between that so they really treat me with respect.. When I first decided to try Lexus I went with the GS because it was the best luxury mid-size sedan for the price and i truly loved and enjoyed that car. After that, i was actually going to go to BMW M3 but ended up with an RCF on the lot because of BMW build delays. In the end, I do not regret my decision at all and am glad I didn't get the BMW. The day after i got my RCF Lexus threw a 5k incentive that i didn't get, so the dealership made it up when i got the IS300(for my brother).

I've had an interesting time with my RCF and some issues here and there: CEL-Throttle assembly replaced, wheels/tires stolen in the lot during service which was paid for by the dealer and not my wheel/tire insurance, premature brake/rotor wear at 10k mi, and EACH time my dealer took care of me with no fuss and nothing out of my pocket except brake/rotor wear - i paid a significantly subsidized amount for brand new original brakes/rotors, not the brake squeal TSB. Age does not matter if you are loyal and respectful.

Last edited by Sparker; 05-23-17 at 07:44 AM.
Old 05-23-17, 07:37 AM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

lol 2.5 hours to fix the oil level
Old 05-23-17, 09:57 AM
shadow1118
Intermediate

Originally Posted by 4TehNguyen
lol 2.5 hours to fix the oil level
I know lmaooo, they were super busy though
Originally Posted by Sparker
In regards to oil changes... i drive my car hard... everyday. 'm at 22k miles now I just had an oil change a month or so ago and I used 2 5qt jugs of Liquimolly. The car does burn some oil so i'm not worried about .2 quarts overfill as it'll likely just get burned off, this is normal for a high-revving engine. And before anyone suggests seepage or faulty gasket.. i've checked.. no issues.

As for "young Lexus customers" I've been a Lexus customer for some time now, my first being a GS350 f sport at 22, and i got my RCF at 24.. I am now 26. My dealership loves me, this is my 3rd car from them and I've probably sent them another 4-5 customers between that so they really treat me with respect.. When I first decided to try Lexus I went with the GS because it was the best luxury mid-size sedan for the price and i truly loved and enjoyed that car. After that, i was actually going to go to BMW M3 but ended up with an RCF on the lot because of BMW build delays. In the end, I do not regret my decision at all and am glad I didn't get the BMW. The day after i got my RCF Lexus threw a 5k incentive that i didn't get, so the dealership made it up when i got the IS300(for my brother).

I've had an interesting time with my RCF and some issues here and there: CEL-Throttle assembly replaced, wheels/tires stolen in the lot during service which was paid for by the dealer and not my wheel/tire insurance, premature brake/rotor wear at 10k mi, and EACH time my dealer took care of me with no fuss and nothing out of my pocket except brake/rotor wear - i paid a significantly subsidized amount for brand new original brakes/rotors, not the brake squeal TSB. Age does not matter if you are loyal and respectful.
your tires got stolen at the dealership? LOL what?
Old 05-23-17, 10:29 AM
Sparker
Rookie

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Yeah I had dropped my car off a few months ago for the CEL for throttle body and rear brakes (i did the front at 10k) and they call me up and said we have good news and bad news. Good news: my throttle body and brakes are both covered and free, bad news: they found my RCF on jackstands missing all 4 wheels/tires. The thieves also stole 2 other wheels, one from another RCF and one from a GSF, both unsold inventory in front of the lot. Needless to say, my Lexus dealership is on the north shore of long island and they broke through a fence and wheel locks for the crime!

I had my winter tires on, which were already kind of worn and one had a bubble anyway so they replaced my exact winter tires and wheels and locks obviously at their expense (or their insurance). On a separate note, I now have brand new winter tires + i just got PS 4S for the summer and they are amazing.
Old 05-23-17, 12:24 PM
GetKinetic
Lead Lap

Received 111 Likes on 70 Posts

I went today and told them really nicely the problem , they checked the dipstick then said it was "a little over the line" So i replied yes its over the line and I would like it at the optimal level, looked at me like I have serious OCD then my service representer or w/e said, "its ok well fix it for you no problem" and waited 2 1/2 hours and I asked to check the oil dipstick before I sign any papers and they showed me , and it was perfect and it was a good day lol.
so what is optimal level on the dipstick?
cold?
warm?
Old 05-23-17, 02:25 PM
danielTRLK
Lead Lap

Received 121 Likes on 66 Posts

ha you guys are a bunch of interesting people. Shadow1118, you laugh that I'm close to my service advisor but at least I'm not sucking **** begging the dealership to check the oil.
Old 05-23-17, 03:15 PM
shadow1118
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Sparker
Yeah I had dropped my car off a few months ago for the CEL for throttle body and rear brakes (i did the front at 10k) and they call me up and said we have good news and bad news. Good news: my throttle body and brakes are both covered and free, bad news: they found my RCF on jackstands missing all 4 wheels/tires. The thieves also stole 2 other wheels, one from another RCF and one from a GSF, both unsold inventory in front of the lot. Needless to say, my Lexus dealership is on the north shore of long island and they broke through a fence and wheel locks for the crime!

I had my winter tires on, which were already kind of worn and one had a bubble anyway so they replaced my exact winter tires and wheels and locks obviously at their expense (or their insurance). On a separate note, I now have brand new winter tires + i just got PS 4S for the summer and they are amazing.
that is wild.
Originally Posted by PunisheRCF
so what is optimal level on the dipstick?
cold?
warm?

Originally Posted by danielTRLK
ha you guys are a bunch of interesting people. Shadow1118, you laugh that I'm close to my service advisor but at least I'm not sucking **** begging the dealership to check the oil.
get over yourself snowflake , you always get mad when someone makes a joke? sucking **** to get an oil change? i literally went and told them the problem and they were happy to change it haha, omg how do you act in real life??? the only guy i treat good is my barber , i give him gift cards to restaurants and stuff.

Last edited by shadow1118; 05-23-17 at 04:04 PM.

Quick Reply: Dealership put to much oil in my car