RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

Supercharged Lexus RCF Playing With Chevy Corvette C7 Z06

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-17, 09:14 AM
ssmoked
Lexus Champion

Received 97 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by RCF500
Anything can happen, it really comes down to the driver, if the driver is in the wrong gear then that's their fault. I had a run in with a 650s before the supercharger, we went from 110-161 MPH, I was on the right and he was coming up fast on the left, once he was beside me, I WOT and walked him about 1.5 cars and got over into the left lane, by the time it was over I probably had 2-3 car lengths on him. Again it's really down to the driver, anything is possible.

civics do fly by all the time and i actually slow down to avoid rock chips.

Is racing a car not really trying to race, considers racing and winning? Just like the Z06 owner, he was never lined up and given 3 honks (for him to get ready) before you took off. Yea its fun and all, but its far from a win. Who knows, the 650s could hit the brakes to avoid rocks flying onto his paint at 100+ mph
Old 06-08-17, 09:17 AM
ssmoked
Lexus Champion

Received 97 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by danielTRLK
My RC-F weighs in at 3860 if you're going to get all technical. LIKE I SAID, up to 30-40, you can keep up, a bugatti isn't going to get to 5mph faster than a Honda Civic, but it'll get to 150 well before. Second this reminds me of the GT-R, y'all get stuck on 0-60 times and not rolling times. The GT-R gets pounded during rolling times because that 0-60 is a trick using the trans to get off the line. It reminds me of oil, ohhh my oil has this and that, and then after real world testing it wasn't so this and that. Specs on paper are not always specs in real life.

The McLaren is RWD as well, it can have 10,000hp, won't mean a thing. After 600~ RWHP, rwd vehicles just burn rubber, that's why so many platforms are AWD, the power limitations don't come in until 1500hp~ where they then switch to drag specific tires.

RC-F 0-30 1.6
650S 0-30 1.3

.3 of a second difference to 30, that could easily be undone through a good launch on an RC-F.
from rereading your original post, most likely explained by spinning the rubber. The second traction kicked in, he started to pull
Old 06-08-17, 11:22 AM
danielTRLK
Lead Lap

Received 121 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by ssmoked
civics do fly by all the time and i actually slow down to avoid rock chips.

Is racing a car not really trying to race, considers racing and winning? Just like the Z06 owner, he was never lined up and given 3 honks (for him to get ready) before you took off. Yea its fun and all, but its far from a win. Who knows, the 650s could hit the brakes to avoid rocks flying onto his paint at 100+ mph
oh he wasn't hitting no brakes! He was more shocked that he couldn't recognize the car. a typical problem with this RC F. I've actually grown to like the fact that no one really knows what it is.
Old 06-08-17, 11:33 AM
Ninja10r
Driver

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Cool

Originally Posted by danielTRLK
oh he wasn't hitting no brakes! He was more shocked that he couldn't recognize the car. a typical problem with this RC F. I've actually grown to like the fact that no one really knows what it is.
yup , get ask all the time , what is it
Old 06-08-17, 12:32 PM
Lexura1414
Lexus Test Driver

Received 40 Likes on 31 Posts

What part of the title of this thread says the OP raced a C7 Z06? If my reading abilities serves me right, the title says PLAYING and not RACING.
Old 06-08-17, 01:49 PM
cosmo1
Pole Position

Received 28 Likes on 27 Posts

Really gentleman, lets get back on topic here. I personally am looking forward to hearing more important info on the sc for our cars.
Most MAF's are based on a 5 volt system so it makes sense the maf is overloading around 6k. It may need a voltage clamp or like the gtr tuned off intake boost pressure coming off the intake. When I had a 370z with a closed deck block and a 6466 turbo my maf maxed out right around 600whp...
Old 06-08-17, 04:45 PM
RCFormante
Supercharged!

Received 61 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by cosmo1
Really gentleman, lets get back on topic here. I personally am looking forward to hearing more important info on the sc for our cars.
Most MAF's are based on a 5 volt system so it makes sense the maf is overloading around 6k. It may need a voltage clamp or like the gtr tuned off intake boost pressure coming off the intake. When I had a 370z with a closed deck block and a 6466 turbo my maf maxed out right around 600whp...
You are on the money, at around 475 gm/s, the MAF senses the overload and instantly fuel cuts the engine, it feels like its bogged down for about 3-4 seconds and then it goes back to normal. Rafi@rrracing is currently looking through the ECU to find that parameter to override it, if there's none, then the voltage clamp will be the solution.

Last edited by RCFormante; 06-08-17 at 04:50 PM.
Old 06-08-17, 05:46 PM
cosmo1
Pole Position

Depending on how much they cracked the ecu they should be able to tune closed loop or open loop. If worst comes to worst tap for a pressure sensor and tune based on boost. Also I'm sure at 6psi at around 560whp the injectors are past 80% duty cycle. I honestly feel for $10k for the sc kit the motor could easily hold at least 600whp since it does have forged internals and is tune and port injected (super safe for pre-detonation) and should come with bigger injectors and bigger fuel pump..
Old 06-08-17, 07:48 PM
Deanrcf
Pole Position

Received 53 Likes on 37 Posts

Most tuners would swear MAF is more accurate than MAP. Anyway, when I went from HKS FCON MAP tuning to UPREV Osirus MAF, my tuner had the same problem with 14 psi Vortech. We replaced the stock MAF with the MAF GT, which allows 180% flow over stock flow and tuned the car via MAF. 6 psi is not much, so it must be just outside the parameters. I am curious to know what cc is the stock injectors as well.
Old 06-08-17, 08:26 PM
cosmo1
Pole Position

I had a good friend use the gt maf's and he has tons of issues with them failing.. If you could stay with the oem ones and tune MAP would be the way to go. The gtr's use MAP sensors.. Your right though 6psi isn't much but I know what 600whp feels like too... I want to pull the trigger but will wait a bit longer for All of the bugs to be worked out..
Old 06-11-17, 05:58 PM
cosmo1
Pole Position

It kind of bothers me that rr-racing would release this kit knowing there is issue with the maf sensor past 6000rpm's. All the while if your motor goes they accept no responsibility and the maf is how your a/f and fuel curve is based off of.. That explains why on the video they posted of their track day why they only hit 120mph on the back straight. Before I spend my hard earned $10k I would like all of the issues worked out...
Old 06-11-17, 08:12 PM
tomsgsf
Rookie

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

You are on the money, at around 475 gm/s, the MAF senses the overload and instantly fuel cuts the engine, it feels like its bogged down for about 3-4 seconds and then it goes back to normal. Rafi@rrracing is currently looking through the ECU to find that parameter to override it, if there's none, then the voltage clamp will be the solution.
so it mean with supercharge on we can not go over 6000rpm?
Old 06-11-17, 09:09 PM
cosmo1
Pole Position

They basically released the sc knowing it had issues with the maf and have yet to figure it out... These motors are not cheap people...
Old 06-12-17, 04:33 AM
16GSF00336
Pole Position

Received 65 Likes on 53 Posts
Lightbulb

Do you've any information on the following data:

Short Term Fuel Trim
Long Term Fuel Trim

Sounds like the car is going into "Protection Mode" to me with "Emissions"...

Last edited by 16GSF00336; 06-12-17 at 04:37 AM.
Old 06-12-17, 09:55 AM
RCFormante
Supercharged!

Received 61 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by cosmo1
They basically released the sc knowing it had issues with the maf and have yet to figure it out... These motors are not cheap people...

Originally Posted by 16GSF00336
Do you've any information on the following data:

Short Term Fuel Trim
Long Term Fuel Trim

Sounds like the car is going into "Protection Mode" to me with "Emissions"...
There is already a solution, which is the MAF frequency clamp, yes the RCF MAF does not use voltage but frequency to read that's why the problem is not on the ISF. Rafi is currently trying to find out if he can adjust the MAF frequency inside of the ECU, if he can't the MAF frequency clamp will be the final solution. I should have a update by the end of this week.

Other than that, the car feels strong and pulls non stop from about 3.5K RPM until about around 6K RPM where the fuel cut happens, so I just shift at 6K RPM or below that. When you hit the fuel cut, the engine just bogs down for about 3-4 seconds and then it goes back to normal, which is a buzz kill.

5.19 lbs at 6K RPM, maybe 6.5-7 lbs at 7.3K RPM, so we'll see.
The following 3 users liked this post by RCFormante:
16GSF00336 (06-12-17), ISFPOWER (06-12-17), JT2MA71 (06-12-17)

Quick Reply: Supercharged Lexus RCF Playing With Chevy Corvette C7 Z06