RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

RCF with HKS Supercharger(s)

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-17, 12:06 PM
brianlin87
Racer

Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts
Default RCF with HKS Supercharger(s)

Was browsing Minkara for some custom goodies to pair with my HKS Supercharger and stumbled upon this RCF build which I thought was pretty fascinating. Not sure if this has been posted here before, but the owner goes by the name "SkyBlue" with youtube videos under the same username:

Initially I saw that he had installed a custom HKS GT Supercharger here using the HKS GTS8555 turbine:

Then noticed he added a second HKS GTS8555 charger here:

https://youtu.be/JggXGI7x-yQ

https://youtu.be/D1iglGmAfJ8

Again, not sure if this has been reposted, but much respect to the owner for the amount of custom fabrication he put forth into this along with the piping of the turbines:

Custom Toda Racing Forged Pistons:

CP Carrillo Custom Forged Rods

Custom J&K Service Camshaft, Cylinder Block Reinforcement and Crankshaft Balance

All managed through what I believe is the first of its kind (I've personally never seen this before) a twin set up of HKS F-Cons that control the car's ignition, timing, tuning, etc. I believe this may be a one-off piece directly from HKS Japan:
The following 3 users liked this post by brianlin87:
BossMoss (07-07-17), JT2MA71 (07-08-17), Kira X (07-07-17)
Old 07-08-17, 12:13 PM
Meraki Autoworks
Your #1 Lexus Vendor

Received 688 Likes on 605 Posts

Nice find.

-Josh

Your #1 Dealer for Aftermarket Performance Products
Orange County, CA
Email: info@merakiautoworks.com
Text/Call: 213 394 2886
Old 07-08-17, 05:34 PM
cosmo1
Pole Position

Received 28 Likes on 27 Posts

The rc-f already has forged internals but lowering the compression is a good idea if you want to turn the boost up. The carrillo rods are much stronger than the oem rods.
Old 07-10-17, 04:33 PM
brianlin87
Racer

Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by cosmo1
The rc-f already has forged internals but lowering the compression is a good idea if you want to turn the boost up. The carrillo rods are much stronger than the oem rods.
Agreed, the Carrillo rods he ordered were custom ordered to to withstand 800hp+ applications.
Old 07-10-17, 11:13 PM
danielTRLK
Lead Lap

Received 121 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by brianlin87
Agreed, the Carrillo rods he ordered were custom ordered to to withstand 800hp+ applications.
Any idea if there are any plans for E85?
Old 07-11-17, 09:32 AM
cosmo1
Pole Position

Any notice the upper block cylinders being supported. Looks like a closed deck block from the factory. Who wants to bet that would hold 1000whp with decent comp and forged internals with a good tune???
Old 07-11-17, 06:52 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 3,962 Likes on 2,400 Posts

Any notice the upper block cylinders being supported. Looks like a closed deck block from the factory. Who wants to bet that would hold 1000whp with decent comp and forged internals with a good tune???
I wouldn't call a bunch of pins inserted between the tops of the cylinders a closed deck. Sure better than nothing, but that's not factory. They'll be heptagons or hexagons with enough pressure. This ain't no 2JZ.
Attached Thumbnails RCF with HKS Supercharger(s)-2ur-gse-block.jpg  
Old 07-11-17, 07:00 PM
cosmo1
Pole Position

It looks to be a part of the block not just inserted pins. Plus it not being a fully closed deck block think of the cooling capabilities . Imagine a 10.1 comp with twin turbos- 6466 twin scroll in there!!! Can't compare to the 2jz because nobody has yet to push the limits of this motor..
Old 07-11-17, 11:05 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 3,962 Likes on 2,400 Posts

It looks to be a part of the block not just inserted pins. Plus it not being a fully closed deck block think of the cooling capabilities . Imagine a 10.1 comp with twin turbos- 6466 twin scroll in there!!! Can't compare to the 2jz because nobody has yet to push the limits of this motor..
It's aluminum with thin liners. It's not a solid high nickel content iron block. Not even in the same league. The pins are inserted, they do not come from the factory with pins. See the picture above. If you want to make 2JZ power, you'll have to remove the cylinders entirely and insert a proper closed deck.
Old 07-12-17, 03:57 PM
cosmo1
Pole Position

My last built closed deck block the upper block inserts were pressed in. I was over 800whp on e85 before going closed deck block with custom cp pistons... I still may pull the trigger on a used 17 gtr next year, decisions decisions...
Old 07-12-17, 04:09 PM
danielTRLK
Lead Lap

Received 121 Likes on 66 Posts

My last built closed deck block the upper block inserts were pressed in. I was over 800whp on e85 before going closed deck block with custom cp pistons... I still may pull the trigger on a used 17 gtr next year, decisions decisions...
yeah, I routinely get GT-R UOA's, typical HP is 1700WHP. lol after a while one thinks about how much money you'd have to spend to go faster and a stock GT-R will still walk on this thing all day, sort of what keeps me from doing the super charger or Novel exhaust. Only thing I will say about the GT-R is that it is much stiffer and very clunky, that trans does not like shifting under 4K.
Old 07-12-17, 08:01 PM
FunRCF
Driver School Candidate

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by danielTRLK
yeah, I routinely get GT-R UOA's, typical HP is 1700WHP. lol after a while one thinks about how much money you'd have to spend to go faster and a stock GT-R will still walk on this thing all day, sort of what keeps me from doing the super charger or Novel exhaust. Only thing I will say about the GT-R is that it is much stiffer and very clunky, that trans does not like shifting under 4K.
No doubt GTRs are awesome machines but in my opinion a RCF with a supercharger is a perfect street beast with the right tires. I am speaking from experience as I am blessed enough to own both.
Old 07-12-17, 08:05 PM
cosmo1
Pole Position

Maybe but it is not AWD...
Old 07-12-17, 08:26 PM
FunRCF
Driver School Candidate

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

Maybe but it is not AWD...
Yes but the headaches that come with pushing that nissan glass tranny due to being awd are a true nightmare and I give the street fun factor to the supercharged RCF due to it being RWD. Now if it was racing than GTR all day.
Old 07-12-17, 08:28 PM
NotnFsport
Instructor

Received 98 Likes on 64 Posts

I have been following this company for a while now. To me its all looks and no go. But I will be the first to admit my mistaken opinion if this setup is proven on a track,dyno etc. But I am not holding my breath. This is the only company out of Japan that I dont feel confident with and I have dealt with a bunch. Looks nice but whats the point if thats all it does?

Quick Reply: RCF with HKS Supercharger(s)