RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

RC F Maintenance Contract

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-17, 10:34 AM
98GS430
Pole Position

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Default RC F Maintenance Contract

Hi all, I purchased a maintenance agreement for my RC F that covers the car through 25k miles. I understand this is basically for three services as the 5k and 10k are covered by Lexus. I just realized however that the RC F uses conventional oil and not synthetic. As such, the agreement only pays for conventional oil. I am trying to figure out whether its worth keeping or cancelling the agreement which basically costs $570. Does anyone know what the up-charge is above the normal service for switching the car to synthetic moving forward? I am currently at 3k miles and want to switch it over at the first 5k service. Thanks.
Old 07-12-17, 10:51 AM
mjeds
Lexus Champion

Received 188 Likes on 145 Posts

Originally Posted by 98GS430
Hi all, I purchased a maintenance agreement for my RC F that covers the car through 25k miles. I understand this is basically for three services as the 5k and 10k are covered by Lexus. I just realized however that the RC F uses conventional oil and not synthetic. As such, the agreement only pays for conventional oil. I am trying to figure out whether its worth keeping or cancelling the agreement which basically costs $570. Does anyone know what the up-charge is above the normal service for switching the car to synthetic moving forward? I am currently at 3k miles and want to switch it over at the first 5k service. Thanks.
RCF is only technically covered for the 5K change, not the 5K and 10K change. while a lot of dealers honor the 10K, not all do.. if your read your coverage you will see that a 1K (inspection only no oil change) and 5K are covered, not a 5K and 10K.

The cost of a dealer oil change is roughly $220 for the RCF, ($12 x 10 quarts, oil filter $39, labor $60) not including the cabin filter changes @ 10K and 20K ($49 for the filter). You can bring in your own oil if you want, personally I would just use the prepaid service until the 25K mark then do the switch to synthetic when the contract is out.. Technically speaking you are saving about $300 having the contract over the retail dealer price. But to each their own, the convenience for me is worth it, prepaid, which includes a loaner car, drop off, get loaner, pick up next day, typically in an out of the dealer in under 10 minutes vs.. sitting around for 2-3 hours waiting on an oil change.
Old 07-12-17, 12:42 PM
ssmoked
Lexus Champion

Received 97 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by 98GS430
or just take it to Toyota and have a full synthetic oil change for $80. Lexus WILL overfill the oil anyways. So just make sure to check before you leave. My experience is 9.7 quarts is the right amount
Old 07-12-17, 12:53 PM
TimboIS
Liquid Bra Champion

Received 139 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by mjeds
RCF is only technically covered for the 5K change, not the 5K and 10K change. while a lot of dealers honor the 10K, not all do.. if your read your coverage you will see that a 1K (inspection only no oil change) and 5K are covered, not a 5K and 10K.

The cost of a dealer oil change is roughly $220 for the RCF, ($12 x 10 quarts, oil filter $39, labor $60) not including the cabin filter changes @ 10K and 20K ($49 for the filter). You can bring in your own oil if you want, personally I would just use the prepaid service until the 25K mark then do the switch to synthetic when the contract is out.. Technically speaking you are saving about $300 having the contract over the retail dealer price. But to each their own, the convenience for me is worth it, prepaid, which includes a loaner car, drop off, get loaner, pick up next day, typically in an out of the dealer in under 10 minutes vs.. sitting around for 2-3 hours waiting on an oil change.
Not true. Right from Lexus.com...

"The way we see it, maintaining your Lexus shouldn’t be hard work. That’s why every new Lexus comes with complimentary first and second scheduled maintenance services. These services are provided 6 months/5,000 miles and 12 months/10,000 miles.* Plus, all of our work is guaranteed and is done exclusively by our factory-trained and certified technicians, who know your Lexus better than anyone else."

and

"Bringing your vehicle in for service shouldn’t take everything out of you. Every new Lexus comes with complimentary first and second scheduled maintenance services. These services are provided at 6 months/5,000 miles and 12 months/10,000 miles.* Regular service on your vehicle will help you get the best level of performance, safety, reliability and even resale value down the road. When the complimentary service runs out, continuing Lexus service intervals at a Lexus dealership ensures the highest-quality parts and repairs along with competitive prices. And since it’s all done under one roof, we can save you time, too."

I even have a sticker on my window (upper driver side where they put the oil change reminder), saying the same thing.
Old 07-12-17, 03:07 PM
Dsully
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

When I bought mine in 2015, It was we only get the 1st oil change for free at 5k. That is how it was for the RC-F. Maybe they changed it since then.
Old 07-12-17, 03:42 PM
mjeds
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by TimboIS
Not true. Right from Lexus.com...

"The way we see it, maintaining your Lexus shouldn’t be hard work. That’s why every new Lexus comes with complimentary first and second scheduled maintenance services. These services are provided 6 months/5,000 miles and 12 months/10,000 miles.* Plus, all of our work is guaranteed and is done exclusively by our factory-trained and certified technicians, who know your Lexus better than anyone else."

and

"Bringing your vehicle in for service shouldn’t take everything out of you. Every new Lexus comes with complimentary first and second scheduled maintenance services. These services are provided at 6 months/5,000 miles and 12 months/10,000 miles.* Regular service on your vehicle will help you get the best level of performance, safety, reliability and even resale value down the road. When the complimentary service runs out, continuing Lexus service intervals at a Lexus dealership ensures the highest-quality parts and repairs along with competitive prices. And since it’s all done under one roof, we can save you time, too."

I even have a sticker on my window (upper driver side where they put the oil change reminder), saying the same thing.
Sorry you are incorrect, the RCF is different, and the verbiage has not changed between 2015, 2016, and 2017 in the RCF warranty manual.

As has been discussed on this forum multiple times, the RCF's warranty manual specifically states that only the 1K and 5K services are covered, and the 1k DOES NOT include an oil change.. Some dealers honor the generic Lexus 5K and 10K services on the RCF, others don't:

RCF MANUAL: Page 4: http://drivers.lexus.com/t3Portal/do...-MMS-15RCF.pdf

To help ensure that your ownership experience is pleasant, convenient and trouble-free, Lexus provides you with a variety of complimentary ser vices. These services are described on the following pages. Other valuable owner benefits are described in the section entitled “Other Benefits and Assistance” beginning on page 7.

First Scheduled Maintenance Service: 30 Days or 1,000 Miles Lexus provides your first scheduled maintenance service at no charge. The service is performed at 30 days or 1,000 miles, whichever occurs first, and includes these items: • Inspect body/chassis • Check for fluid leaks • Inspect wiper blades • Check installation of driver’s floor mat • Road-test vehicle • Program Lexus Personalized Settings, if requested; What are Lexus Personalized Settings? Your vehicle includes a variety of electronic features that can be programmed to your preferences.
For example, doors can be programmed to remain locked when you shift into “Park.” (For more information, see the “Customizable Features” section of the Specifications chapter in your Owner’s Manual.) Programming of these features is performed once at no charge, provided you obtain the service at the 30-day/1,000-mile scheduled maintenance service. Programming of some Lexus Personal ized Settings requires special equipment and may be performed only by an authorized Lexus dealership.

Second Scheduled Maintenance Service: Six Months or 5,000 Miles Lexus also provides your second scheduled maintenance service at no charge. The service is performed at six months or 5,000 miles, whichever occurs first, and includes these items: • Replace engine oil with 5W-30 oil; replace oil filter • Reset maintenance reminder light • Inspect tires • Visually inspect brake pads, calipers and rotors • Inspect wiper blades • Check installation of driver’s floor mat • Road-test vehicle.

Compare that to EVERY OTHER MANUAL FROM LEXUS which states this: Page 4 http://drivers.lexus.com/t3Portal/do...MS-16RX350.pdf (this is the RX, I looked at the IS, GS, LS, GX, and ES and they are the same)

To help ensure that your ownership experience is pleasant, convenient and trouble-free, Lexus provides you with a variety of complimentary ser vices. These services are described on the following pages. Other valuable owner benefits are described in the section entitled “Other Benefits and Assistance” beginning on page 7.

First Scheduled Maintenance Service: Six Months or 5,000 Miles This complimentary service is performed at six months or 5,000 miles, whichever occurs first. To obtain this service, contact your Lexus dealership. Your complimentary service will include these items: • Inspect and adjust all fluid levels • Program Lexus Personalized Settings, if requested • Reset scheduled maintenance reminder • Rotate tires • V isually inspect brake pads, calipers and rotors • Check installation of driver’s floor mat • Inspect wiper blades • Road-test vehicle
What are Lexus Personalized Settings? Your vehicle includes a variety of electronic features that can be programmed to your preferences. For example, doors can be programmed to remain locked when you shift into “Park.” (For more information, see the “Customizable Features” section of the Specifications chapter in your Owner’s Manual.) Programming of these features is performed once at no charge, provided you obtain the service at the six-month/5,000-mile scheduled maintenance service. Programming of some Lexus Personali zed Settings requires special equipment and may be performed only by an authorized Lexus dealership.

Second Scheduled Maintenance Service: 12 Months or 10,000 Miles This complimentary service is performed at 12 months or 10,000 miles, whichever occurs first. To obtain this service, contact your Lexus dealership. Your complimentary service will include these items: • Replace engine oil with 0W-20 oil; replace oil filter* • Replace cabin air filter

Last edited by mjeds; 07-12-17 at 03:56 PM.
Old 07-12-17, 03:59 PM
Ahhadanny
Driver

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Sorry you are incorrect, the RCF is different, and the verbiage has not changed between 2015, 2016, and 2017 in the RCF warranty manual.

As has been discussed on this forum multiple times, the RCF's warranty manual specifically states that only the 1K and 5K services are covered, and the 1k DOES NOT include an oil change.. Some dealers honor the generic Lexus 5K and 10K services on the RCF, others don't:

RCF MANUAL: Page 4: http://drivers.lexus.com/t3Portal/do...-MMS-15RCF.pdf

First Scheduled Maintenance Service: 30 Days or 1,000 Miles Lexus provides your first scheduled maintenance service at no charge. The service is performed at 30 days or 1,000 miles, whichever occurs first, and includes these items: • Inspect body/chassis • Check for fluid leaks • Inspect wiper blades • Check installation of driver’s floor mat • Road-test vehicle • Program Lexus Personalized Settings, if requested; What are Lexus Personalized Settings? Your vehicle includes a variety of electronic features that can be programmed to your preferences.
For example, doors can be programmed to remain locked when you shift into “Park.” (For more information, see the “Customizable Features” section of the Specifications chapter in your Owner’s Manual.) Programming of these features is performed once at no charge, provided you obtain the service at the 30-day/1,000-mile scheduled maintenance service. Programming of some Lexus Personal ized Settings requires special equipment and may be performed only by an authorized Lexus dealership.

Second Scheduled Maintenance Service: Six Months or 5,000 Miles Lexus also provides your second scheduled maintenance service at no charge. The service is performed at six months or 5,000 miles, whichever occurs first, and includes these items: • Replace engine oil with 5W-30 oil; replace oil filter • Reset maintenance reminder light • Inspect tires • Visually inspect brake pads, calipers and rotors • Inspect wiper blades • Check installation of driver’s floor mat • Road-test vehicle.

Compare that to EVERY OTHER MANUAL FROM LEXUS which states this: Page 4 http://drivers.lexus.com/t3Portal/do...MS-16RX350.pdf

First Scheduled Maintenance Service: Six Months or 5,000 Miles This complimentary service is performed at six months or 5,000 miles, whichever occurs first. To obtain this service, contact your Lexus dealership. Your complimentary service will include these items: • Inspect and adjust all fluid levels • Program Lexus Personalized Settings, if requested • Reset scheduled maintenance reminder • Rotate tires • V isually inspect brake pads, calipers and rotors • Check installation of driver’s floor mat • Inspect wiper blades • Road-test vehicle
What are Lexus Personalized Settings? Your vehicle includes a variety of electronic features that can be programmed to your preferences. For example, doors can be programmed to remain locked when you shift into “Park.” (For more information, see the “Customizable Features” section of the Specifications chapter in your Owner’s Manual.) Programming of these features is performed once at no charge, provided you obtain the service at the six-month/5,000-mile scheduled maintenance service. Programming of some Lexus Personali zed Settings requires special equipment and may be performed only by an authorized Lexus dealership.

Second Scheduled Maintenance Service: 12 Months or 10,000 Miles This complimentary service is performed at 12 months or 10,000 miles, whichever occurs first. To obtain this service, contact your Lexus dealership. Your complimentary service will include these items: • Replace engine oil with 0W-20 oil; replace oil filter* • Replace cabin air filter
correct. same as LC 500: 1k and 5k miles. I was told LC 500 and RCF are special (V8). LC500h got a V6, hence service scheduled at 5k and 10k.
Most RCF/LC owners only got 1k and 5k miles service free of charge.

Last edited by Ahhadanny; 07-12-17 at 04:02 PM.
Old 07-12-17, 04:12 PM
mjeds
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Ahhadanny
correct. same as LC 500: 1k and 5k miles. I was told LC 500 and RCF are special (V8). LC500h got a V6, hence service scheduled at 5k and 10k.
Most RCF/LC owners only got 1k and 5k miles service free of charge.
yeah we are special, we pay more and get less.. special in all kinds of ways.
Old 07-12-17, 04:18 PM
Ahhadanny
Driver

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

can't agree more. I got a big firm '''NO" when I was asking for free 10k service. lol Well, I would have never bought the car if I didn't get discount.
the price to pay for V8 lol
Old 07-12-17, 04:47 PM
TimboIS
Liquid Bra Champion

Received 139 Likes on 96 Posts

Sucks for you guys.

Old 07-12-17, 05:00 PM
mjeds
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by TimboIS
Sucks for you guys.

not me, I have a contract up to 90K

however that ^^^^ is a dealer specific sticker not a Lexus corp. sticker, so your dealer has opted to honor the generic Lexus 5K/10K services, so back to my original statement, some dealers honor it, others do not.
Old 07-12-17, 05:09 PM
lexusrus
Pole Position

Received 250 Likes on 228 Posts

I got two "FREE OIL CHANGES" on my 2015 RCF. Mine was "L Certified". IDK if the "L Certified" is any different. One at 5K and the second one at 10K. Since it had 2xxx miles on the odo, I don't know if it had the 1K service or not.

Incidentally, I discovered the Lexus dealership OVERFILLED MY RCF by over two inches above the top fill mark on the 10K FREE SERVICE!!! I don't think I'll he back for more, LOL

Originally Posted by Dsully
When I bought mine in 2015, It was we only get the 1st oil change for free at 5k. That is how it was for the RC-F. Maybe they changed it since then.
Old 07-12-17, 06:28 PM
GetKinetic
Lead Lap

Received 111 Likes on 70 Posts

Im covered upto the 20k oil change as per my LCert contract.
I take my own oil as well.

Last edited by GetKinetic; 07-13-17 at 05:38 AM.
Old 07-13-17, 05:11 AM
lexusnutt
Intermediate

Received 36 Likes on 22 Posts

I would not take my car to any dealer that could not spell "Appointment"
Old 07-13-17, 06:27 AM
lexusrus
Pole Position

Received 250 Likes on 228 Posts

Haha, OEM RCF air filter costs more than 2X versus RX or even the LX!!

Quick Reply: RC F Maintenance Contract