RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

just got this for my RC

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-17, 09:23 PM
johnnyreb
Racer

Received 60 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by BossMoss
This looks like the same steering wheel that I just received 2 weeks ago, and the description sounds like what I experienced as well. I got it in 12 days shipped from from Hong Kong It looks amazing, though I have not had any time to do the install yet. It was a little bit pricier than the one I never got after 6 months , but you also don't have to send your stock steering wheel for a core exchange like DCTMS. I like having the option of going back to stock if needed. I ordered the exact same steering wheel that I had originally requested from DCTMS.

I ordered mine from Elvin Wong. I got his contact info from ba2sy (his comment seems to confirm that this is the same wheel). You can contact him via his instagram: Elvin_6188

I'm not sure why everyone is too shy to state what they paid - maybe so there are no hard feelings if someone else paid more? I guess I will take the mystery out of it - and if someone got a better deal than I did, it really doesn't matter to me.

I was paying $899 with DCTMS with a core exchange. Elvin charged me $1030 including shipping with no core exchange - quite worth it for only $131.00 more. It is excellent quality.
WOW, just for a steering wheel! I guess it just depends on what you want & how BAD you want it! You could get you a really nice exhaust system for that price, either way each to their own.
Old 07-27-17, 03:21 AM
luislopezt
Driver

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

This looks like the same steering wheel that I just received 2 weeks ago, and the description sounds like what I experienced as well. I got it in 12 days shipped from from Hong Kong It looks amazing, though I have not had any time to do the install yet. It was a little bit pricier than the one I never got after 6 months , but you also don't have to send your stock steering wheel for a core exchange like DCTMS. I like having the option of going back to stock if needed. I ordered the exact same steering wheel that I had originally requested from DCTMS.

I ordered mine from Elvin Wong. I got his contact info from ba2sy (his comment seems to confirm that this is the same wheel). You can contact him via his instagram: Elvin_6188

I'm not sure why everyone is too shy to state what they paid - maybe so there are no hard feelings if someone else paid more? I guess I will take the mystery out of it - and if someone got a better deal than I did, it really doesn't matter to me.

I was paying $899 with DCTMS with a core exchange. Elvin charged me $1030 including shipping with no core exchange - quite worth it for only $131.00 more. It is excellent quality.
I paid a little more, but I don't know if you got the paddles, overall I'm happy with it and does not bother me if anybody paid less or more since the worth of an item is what the buyer is willing to pay!. and like you I like that I get to keep the original wheel, shipping is only about 3-4 days included.
The following users liked this post:
BossMoss (07-27-17)
Old 07-27-17, 03:26 AM
luislopezt
Driver

Originally Posted by johnnyreb
WOW, just for a steering wheel! I guess it just depends on what you want & how BAD you want it! You could get you a really nice exhaust system for that price, either way each to their own.
like you said, it depends on what you want and how bad you want it!
Old 07-27-17, 06:40 AM
Sink
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Are these wheels the same circumference as stock? Or are they smaller? I actually wouldn't mind a little smaller.
Old 07-27-17, 07:00 AM
BossMoss
Pole Position

Received 129 Likes on 75 Posts

Originally Posted by luislopezt
I paid a little more, but I don't know if you got the paddles, overall I'm happy with it and does not bother me if anybody paid less or more since the worth of an item is what the buyer is willing to pay!. and like you I like that I get to keep the original wheel, shipping is only about 3-4 days included.
I did not get the CF paddles.
Old 07-27-17, 12:13 PM
BossMoss
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Sink
Are these wheels the same circumference as stock? Or are they smaller? I actually wouldn't mind a little smaller.
Same as stock.
Old 07-27-17, 01:51 PM
ISFPOWER
Lexus Champion

Received 144 Likes on 119 Posts

I did not get the CF paddles.
same here. I'm giving up my DCTMS one as well. no CF paddles for me either. i like contrast and also the oem paddles are virtually scratch resistant . i think the CF will mess up over time which will bug me.
The following users liked this post:
BossMoss (07-27-17)
Old 07-27-17, 07:26 PM
Mingofish
Lexus Test Driver

Received 330 Likes on 231 Posts

Well just to clarify about my wheel from dctms, I did not have to swap oem wheel core.
That was never even mentioned.

I did have the Y trim covered in cf. Upon receiving the cf one, I was suppose to send back my oem one or pay a $150 core fee. I chose to keep the oem Y and paid the extra $150. This way when I sell car, the oem wheel will go back on and I can sell the dctms one whole as well.

I agree with ISFpower about needing contrast.
The paddles in cf is almost too much.
Op pls don't be offended. That's just my opinion. I'm sure your wheel is going to be sweet!
"too much carbon fiber". What's wrong with me...
Old 07-28-17, 03:03 AM
luislopezt
Driver

Originally Posted by Mingofish
Well just to clarify about my wheel from dctms, I did not have to swap oem wheel core.
That was never even mentioned.

I did have the Y trim covered in cf. Upon receiving the cf one, I was suppose to send back my oem one or pay a $150 core fee. I chose to keep the oem Y and paid the extra $150. This way when I sell car, the oem wheel will go back on and I can sell the dctms one whole as well.

I agree with ISFpower about needing contrast.
The paddles in cf is almost too much.
Op pls don't be offended. That's just my opinion. I'm sure your wheel is going to be sweet!
"too much carbon fiber". What's wrong with me...
No offense taking, they serve my intent so they wont be as visible (they kind of blend in). I will post pics when I get it installed. nevertheless, I still have the original paddles, can always be replaced again.
Old 08-08-17, 07:38 AM
SkyPara82
Driver

Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts

Carbon Fiber Element put together an excellent carbon fiber wheel for my old G37 back in 2010 and APSIS did a great job on my corvette wheel. (Yes moderators, I'm posting to every thread that comes up to meet my 30 post probation minimum, lol)
Old 09-01-17, 10:25 PM
BossMoss
Pole Position

I finally got around to installing my CF steering wheel. I love this thing! iPhone photo below with flash. Top notch quality. I spent most of the afternoon doing the install, having never tackled anything of this sort before. It actually went pretty well. I'm glad I took my time.
Attached Thumbnails just got this for my RC-cfsteering3.jpg  
Old 09-02-17, 07:04 PM
luislopezt
Driver

I finally got around to installing my CF steering wheel. I love this thing! iPhone photo below with flash. Top notch quality. I spent most of the afternoon doing the install, having never tackled anything of this sort before. It actually went pretty well. I'm glad I took my time.
looks excellent, I installed mine a couple weeks ago, just been lazy on taking photos.
Old 09-03-17, 03:30 PM
ZiPPyRCF
Driver

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

That looks sick!! I was just thinking the other day, that I wish my RCF had more carbon fiber inside. Not just the little side door panels, and top of glove box. Very nice!!

Cheers,
Old 09-03-17, 06:55 PM
BossMoss
Pole Position

Originally Posted by ZiPPyRCF
That looks sick!! I was just thinking the other day, that I wish my RCF had more carbon fiber inside. Not just the little side door panels, and top of glove box. Very nice!!

Cheers,
Yes it looks awesome - but it FEELS awesome when driving. Hard to explain, but I smile every time I turn the wheel.
Old 09-03-17, 06:59 PM
ba2sy
Instructor

Received 30 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by ZiPPyRCF

Cheers,
ZippyRCF, let me know if you want that steering wheel. I'll sell you mine locally. I haven't mounted it yet so, Brand New for sure.

Quick Reply: just got this for my RC