Lexus RCF Drift Video

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-17, 08:41 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,475 Likes on 1,780 Posts
Default Lexus RCF Drift Video

The following 4 users liked this post by 05RollaXRS:
Apone (07-28-17), ba2sy (07-26-17), BossMoss (07-26-17), Ctrl-F (08-03-17)
Old 07-28-17, 05:43 AM
Apone
Pole Position

Received 62 Likes on 51 Posts

well he made that look easy. This car rarely feels that tossable but in the right mode the video shows it will step out easily. Looks like he did not hold down traction off all the way into the "hidden" mode but still had plenty of freedom to play with. Good video, makes me want to go drive
Old 07-28-17, 10:01 AM
rfugio68
Rookie

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

I noticed the white carbon fiber interior, does anyone know where we can get that? And why our cars in the states came with black carbon?
Old 07-28-17, 04:37 PM
Suburbazin
Driver

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by Apone
well he made that look easy. This car rarely feels that tossable but in the right mode the video shows it will step out easily. Looks like he did not hold down traction off all the way into the "hidden" mode but still had plenty of freedom to play with. Good video, makes me want to go drive
he's in the hidden mode. The really hidden mode.

pedal dance mode.
Old 08-01-17, 05:04 AM
AussieISF
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You guys need to do a pedal dance to drift the RCF? Here in Australia we just hold down the traction control for 3 seconds and the expert mode disappears, then "you're on your own mate". There is no intervention from ABS, VDIM or anything. Must be differences in country laws
Old 08-01-17, 05:12 AM
Apone
Pole Position

Received 62 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by AussieISF
You guys need to do a pedal dance to drift the RCF? Here in Australia we just hold down the traction control for 3 seconds and the expert mode disappears, then "you're on your own mate". There is no intervention from ABS, VDIM or anything. Must be differences in country laws
From my understanding, ours do the same. I hold it down until the expert light goes off. I thought I could still see that light on in the video which led to my comment. I did not believe ABS was disabled though as you mention...
Old 08-01-17, 05:18 PM
Suburbazin
Driver

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts

ABS is still on and you can't do a burnout in 1st gear if you do that. Try it and see! FYI, ABS can't be disabled short of pulling fuses or sensors.

In the video what you're seeing as the "expert" light is in fact the Sport+ light. The light under that is the TVD mode.
The following users liked this post:
Apone (08-02-17)
Old 08-07-17, 01:09 AM
AussieISF
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Great to know. I'll be attending my first dry drifting training session in the RCF on 2 September. It'll be interesting to see how different it drifts compared to the ISF. The ISF was very predictable but had lots of body roll, which wasn't a bad thing if you knew how to use it to flick the car in the transitions. The RCF has a much stiffer chassis and I'm interested to see how the two feel. I've brought the RCF on a skid pan already where it performed very predictably, so I'm hoping for the same behaviour in the dry. I've got some cheap tyres mounted on the rear which should make the car slide real easy.

Old 08-07-17, 07:48 PM
Mingofish
Lexus Test Driver

Received 330 Likes on 231 Posts

Great to know. I'll be attending my first dry drifting training session in the RCF on 2 September. It'll be interesting to see how different it drifts compared to the ISF. The ISF was very predictable but had lots of body roll, which wasn't a bad thing if you knew how to use it to flick the car in the transitions. The RCF has a much stiffer chassis and I'm interested to see how the two feel. I've brought the RCF on a skid pan already where it performed very predictably, so I'm hoping for the same behaviour in the dry. I've got some cheap tyres mounted on the rear which should make the car slide real easy.
sweet bro, looking forward to see your next vids. Keep em coming!

curious what "cheap" tires you're using.