RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

Exhaust Installer Southern Cali

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-17, 11:00 AM
Kerune
Pole Position

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by ZiPPyRCF
So tomorrow is the big day! Exhaust is finally scheduled to get installed. Had some shipping delays, but the exhaust finally arrived from Wu Ku District, Taiwan. So stoked!!!
Congrats and please let us know how much more the car is a joy to drive with an exhaust. I am taking my time modding but I feel an exhaust will be a dramatic difference that will come first and sooner than later.
Old 08-24-17, 11:43 AM
ZiPPyRCF
Driver

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

I will definitely report back Kerune. I'm not going to lie, I'm super excited but also a little nervous. This will be a pretty drastic change to my daily driving. The sound is to different? Is it to loud? Will it cause issues? Void a warranty? The list is endless. But I know I'm just unnecessarily worrying about this, and will enjoy it so much. I've been thinking about this exhaust for months now.

But see when I am driving and I keep it low RPM in Sport+ it sounds amazing. Once I romp on it and get int the higher RPM range it just doesn't carry that sound. It has like this high whine and whistle almost to the engine, and I just feel like it's lacking that feedback. You would think that with a 5.0 V8 that the power band sound would be heard all the way to redline, and just get louder as it approaches redline. So I think that with the exhaust, it will satisfy urge for that feedback along with sound and feel. We shall see....

Cheers,
Old 08-25-17, 11:24 PM
ZiPPyRCF
Driver

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

The Armytrix exhaust has finally been installed on the RCF!!! It's epic!!!! It's like a whole new car and driving experience. This is how the car should of sounded from the beginning. It definitely has a rumble when the valve is open, and the startup is amazing. I still need to play around more with it, but it got pretty late.

The only thing I noticed today, was that the valve closed on me twice without me doing anything. It happened after I turned off the car. But the 3rd time I tried it, the valve was open and it started up all mean. I'll have to keep an eye on this, but correct me if I'm wrong ...the valve should stay open until I close it, right? It doesn't automatically close when I turn the car off? I will have to post some pics, as I got a shot of her in the garage and a few close-up. I didn't know the tips were both different sizes. The inner tip where the valve is, is a much larger tip and the outer tip is a little smaller. It gives it some character and a nice unique look.

Evasive Motorsports did a fantastic job!!!! When I walked into their garage I about pee'd myself with all the cars. They had 2 LC500's, heavily modded S2000, GTR up on the rack with the motor dropped, an EVO in the back and then my RCF. Even there waiting room was just all racey, I just felt the vibe in there and knew my car was in good hands. Thank you very much for the recommendation, and if anybody is in the area definitely look up Evasive Motorsports.

Cheers,
The following users liked this post:
ModInJapan (08-28-17)