RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

Advice on buying a used RC F

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-17, 08:32 PM
lexusrus
Pole Position

Received 250 Likes on 228 Posts

Yes, the LED headlights looks sharp indeed.

Originally Posted by Liquid SC
I had to double check, but it has them. I think that's one of the options included with the premium package.
Old 08-28-17, 09:39 PM
GetKinetic
Lead Lap

Received 111 Likes on 70 Posts

I did a full ceramic tint all the way around. 80percent on the full windshield 25 on the sides 18 rear. Cuts the heat hugely.
Old 08-29-17, 12:31 AM
lexusrus
Pole Position

Yes, I approve the following message. Please see below and above. 👍👍👍👍👍😁😁😁😁

Originally Posted by PunisheRCF
I did a full ceramic tint all the way around. 80percent on the full windshield 25 on the sides 18 rear. Cuts the heat hugely.
Old 08-29-17, 09:04 AM
Yes

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Does 80% look like the windshield is tinted when viewing it from the outside? I actually have a doctor's note for window tint. I've been pulled over for it twice. The first time I got out of it without an argument. The second time, the cop wrote me a ticket anyway. In New Mexico, you need a sworn affidavit from a doctor to hold up in court. I tried to get one, but wasn't successful. I got out of that ticket ultimately when the cop didn't show for court.

Anyway, if 80% is noticeable, I'd be more inclined to go with 90%. Also, I only have one official 3m tint shop here that does crystalline. So if they won't tint the windshield, I'm probably out of luck.
Old 08-29-17, 01:53 PM
lexusrus
Pole Position

PM sent. 😁😁😁😁😁😁😁👍👍👍👍👍

Does 80% look like the windshield is tinted when viewing it from the outside? I actually have a doctor's note for window tint. I've been pulled over for it twice. The first time I got out of it without an argument. The second time, the cop wrote me a ticket anyway. In New Mexico, you need a sworn affidavit from a doctor to hold up in court. I tried to get one, but wasn't successful. I got out of that ticket ultimately when the cop didn't show for court.

Anyway, if 80% is noticeable, I'd be more inclined to go with 90%. Also, I only have one official 3m tint shop here that does crystalline. So if they won't tint the windshield, I'm probably out of luck.
Old 09-05-17, 02:56 PM
Dejablue
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Wtb: 2015 rcf usbm 2.0

What color is your car...

Originally Posted by finny76
Mine is available for sale $52K with 12K miles....
Old 09-05-17, 08:50 PM
johnnyreb
Racer

Received 60 Likes on 50 Posts

That's what I was going to say, IF any of you guys Ever drink & drive even IF it's just a lil' coming from the golf course or a nite out with friends THIS is Not something you want, cause like you said you've been pulled over twice already! Cops now days just look for a reason to pull you over. jmo
Old 09-06-17, 02:37 AM
GetKinetic
Lead Lap

Received 111 Likes on 70 Posts

You have look really close to tell its tinted its done so well. 80isnt much more than the factory side windows. So I like it alot.
Old 09-06-17, 06:26 AM
GR4NR1C3RF
Rookie

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
Thumbs up 3M crystalline tint

Originally Posted by lexusrus
I had 3M Crystalline all around including the windshield (lighter, I think it was 60%? Versus 40%, darker, for the sides and rear.). 3M Crystalline is RELATIVELY EXPENSIVE VS OTHERS. I paid $750 about a year and half ago in middle of nowhere in MS where the only 3M authorized dealer for almost 2 hours. Probably cheaper in SoCal, but I shipped my RCF from SoCal to MS before I had a chance to get the windows tinted.

Did you notice a slight purple tint to the glass when looking from outside of the car in direct sunlight in certain angles?
I can vouch for 3M crystalline 70 for the windshield. Its awesome. I had 3M color stable 20 installed on the sides and back as well. I had to get it installed S of Chicago (Abe's) @ Mokena, IL though. No where near STL, Misery do tint shops sell/install it at a fair price.

Yes, there is a purple hue looking at the windshield at angles.
Old 09-06-17, 07:40 AM
lexusrus
Pole Position

Must be unique to the RCF. BC I have 3M Crystalline tint all around including the windshield on my LX570 and I don't see any purple hues. The purple hues is only evident on the windshield on my RCF. One thing different about the set up on my RCF windshield......my RCF windshield has 60% 3M Crystalline versus 80% 3M Crystalline on the LX570 windshield. IDK if this was the difference OR maybe the RCF windshield has a "green tint" or some other color embedded already. My CT200h has 60% 3M Crystalline on the windshield and no purple hues.

Incidentally I see a similar purple hues on 3M Crystalline install on Tesla's windshields.

Originally Posted by GR4NR1C3RF
I can vouch for 3M crystalline 70 for the windshield. Its awesome. I had 3M color stable 20 installed on the sides and back as well. I had to get it installed S of Chicago (Abe's) @ Mokena, IL though. No where near STL, Misery do tint shops sell/install it at a fair price.

Yes, there is a purple hue looking at the windshield at angles.
Old 09-06-17, 02:48 PM
Yes

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I decided on 90% crystalline on the windshield and 20% on the sides and rear. I would go a little darker on the windshield, but don't want to give the cops an excuse to pull me over.

One thing was a little annoying. There's only one official 3M dealer where I live. They originally quoted me $600. Then called back and said 20% and 90% are special order and would cost $50 extra per roll. So $700 total. I argued and got it down to $650. But ordering tint should be part of the cost of doing business I would think.

Getting it done tomorrow.
Old 09-06-17, 09:53 PM
lexusrus
Pole Position

I know, right?

I guess for a low volume tint shop they don't keep the rare films in stock bc they might be stuck with it for a long time.

Just ask them to leave the 3M logos on for you to see (which is inside surface of the Crystalline film) so you know. Then they rub the logos off inside surface as you watch them do it.

Also make sure to inspect all windows, especially the windshield, very closely. There should be NO DISTORTIONS AND NO BUBBLES at all. It should be Crystal Clear through and through, but just a tad darker for the windshield. You can tell by holding a white paper against the windshield.

I would also ask them to put a very dark strip across the top of the windshield (whatever is legal in your state OR whatever you are comfortable with.) My tint shop just held up the very dark strip across the top of my windshield and lowered the strip as I sat in my driver's seat and I signaled them to stop and that was what was for my top strip. It was way wider than what's "legal" I guess. But it comes handy if I drive west during sunset so I don't get blinded totally.

I decided on 90% crystalline on the windshield and 20% on the sides and rear. I would go a little darker on the windshield, but don't want to give the cops an excuse to pull me over.

One thing was a little annoying. There's only one official 3M dealer where I live. They originally quoted me $600. Then called back and said 20% and 90% are special order and would cost $50 extra per roll. So $700 total. I argued and got it down to $650. But ordering tint should be part of the cost of doing business I would think.

Getting it done tomorrow.