RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

Armytrix exhaust valve concern

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-17 | 03:12 PM
ZiPPyRCF
Driver

Default Armytrix exhaust valve concern

I've noticed that the Armytrix exhaust keeps closing when I start up the car. I have the valve open when I turn off the car, and I can see the valve is open before starting it back up. But once I start the car I hear the valve close right away. I don't think it should work this way, correct? I would think the valve would stay open or closed, until I change the setting via the remote.

Cheers,
Old 09-01-17 | 01:04 AM
ARMYTRIX
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by ZiPPyRCF
I've noticed that the Armytrix exhaust keeps closing when I start up the car. I have the valve open when I turn off the car, and I can see the valve is open before starting it back up. But once I start the car I hear the valve close right away. I don't think it should work this way, correct? I would think the valve would stay open or closed, until I change the setting via the remote.

Cheers,
The valves will automatically closed (quiet) when you start up the car, we set it that way so it's neighbor friendly.
Old 09-01-17 | 07:37 AM
shadow1118
Intermediate

There you go!
Old 09-01-17 | 10:00 AM
ZiPPyRCF
Driver

I see. I just wanted to make sure, because the sound of it opened when it starts is epic! How did I go this long without this Armytrix exhaust!! I just didn't want to have to open the valve every time I started the car and put wear and tear on it, if I could just leave it open all the time. I'm sure that valve system is built like a tank, so I shouldn't have to worry about wear and tear on it. But I understand, I'm sure I will be happy when I have to leave for work late and I don't wake up my girls.
Old 09-02-17 | 03:03 PM
RadlerCF
Driver School Candidate

What if we don't like our neighbors?
Old 09-02-17 | 04:09 PM
ZiPPyRCF
Driver

Originally Posted by RadlerCF
What if we don't like our neighbors?
That's what I was thinking and wanted to say too. I actually opened up the valve last night right away, and pulled away closely and the wife made a comment. Oops. So I will leave them closed until I get further away from the house. In the morning and when I come home, she says the car sounds good and smooth. I just wanted to test the waters

Cheers,