RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

It's Been Fun, Time to Trade

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-17, 12:46 PM
Lexura1414
Lexus Test Driver

Received 40 Likes on 31 Posts

I think they are putting the RC-F on a diet.The removal of the active wing is one sign. And they might have shoe horned the TT LS engine in there already. Excited!
Old 09-12-17, 01:18 PM
cosmo1
Pole Position

Received 28 Likes on 27 Posts

I agree, if they didn't go forced induction it will just be a waste of time but if it does that means all of your na cars will drop even faster...
Old 09-12-17, 02:16 PM
Apone
Pole Position

Received 62 Likes on 51 Posts

@Cosmo1 congrats on the M2, it was definitely on my list and if I could have found one to actually drive/buy for less than a ridiculous over MSRP amount, I may very well have it in my garage. I wanted lighter, smaller, and stick shift. I still miss those attributes. The RC-F is nice and I think most people will defend what they bought but I feel no need. I got the car because it was a deal and I keep reminding myself of that. At full price.....no. The car is a head turner and I never see another. mine is USB and when the sun hits it, you look like you are trying pretty hard haha. I still love the seats and the sound, even though my exhaust is now too loud. I love the power up top but it does not have quick reactions. As someone said it's a nice GT car, and that shows. With that said, I'm eyeing what they do with this new Toyota (Supra?). If it is lighter, north of 400 horse, TT, AND stick shift.....I will absolutely go drive it. If I love it, I will evaluate the bath I'll take on this car. Will come down to how good it is.

Last edited by Apone; 09-12-17 at 02:24 PM.
Old 09-12-17, 04:54 PM
dsouth
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome to the dark side.
Im on my second M car. Had an M4 convertible now M3 zcp because of the kids.

May come back to Lexus one day when they make the cars more fun to drive after I drop kids off at school.
Old 09-12-17, 07:31 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 296 Likes on 215 Posts

Originally Posted by Apone
@Cosmo1 congrats on the M2, it was definitely on my list and if I could have found one to actually drive/buy for less than a ridiculous over MSRP amount, I may very well have it in my garage. I wanted lighter, smaller, and stick shift. I still miss those attributes. The RC-F is nice and I think most people will defend what they bought but I feel no need. I got the car because it was a deal and I keep reminding myself of that. At full price.....no. The car is a head turner and I never see another. mine is USB and when the sun hits it, you look like you are trying pretty hard haha. I still love the seats and the sound, even though my exhaust is now too loud. I love the power up top but it does not have quick reactions. As someone said it's a nice GT car, and that shows. With that said, I'm eyeing what they do with this new Toyota (Supra?). If it is lighter, north of 400 horse, TT, AND stick shift.....I will absolutely go drive it. If I love it, I will evaluate the bath I'll take on this car. Will come down to how good it is.
I'm also keeping an eye on the Supra and if it looks more like the FT-1 and less like a larger FRS/86/BRZ, I may take the plunge too. But to no surprise, expect north of 50K USD is what a Toyota insider told me.
The following users liked this post:
Apone (09-14-17)
Old 09-13-17, 06:04 AM
cosmo1
Pole Position

Received 28 Likes on 27 Posts

I would be surprised if it come with more than 400hp out of the box..
Old 09-14-17, 09:10 AM
Apone
Pole Position

Received 62 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by cosmo1
I would be surprised if it come with more than 400hp out of the box..
If it's light enough, that will be fine. M2 is a good example of that.
Old 09-14-17, 05:31 PM
Deanrcf
Pole Position

Received 53 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by ROK
I came from an M2.

-RCF feels/IS more special
-M2 feels quicker due to the turbo torque, but up top, negligible
-RCF V8 IS more special than the run of mill M2 engine
-M2 interior is econobox
-M2 is lighter on its feet as it should be
-RCF is a GT coupe
-RCF auto is much better around town
-M2 DCT is more responsive up and down shifts, but the RCF makes more sense to me for what it is expected to do (90% Sport+ manual)
-M ecosystem has much better modding options due to being a bigger market than the newbie F
-RCF looks more special as the M2 always felt a little too stubby and much more boy racer
-You sit higher in the M2 which makes sense given its commuter car 2-series chassis

You know where the additional $20K goes in the RCF. M2 has superior resale value. RCF will take a few more years to settle, but will be fine long-run relatively speaking.
Usually, your posts are either harsh, ambiguous at best or indeed, highly informative. This post is a great example of the latter. Coming from an M2, you add a indisputable credence to the subject. Most impressive is your understanding of the anomaly, turbo torque. Lot's of people talk about it, but few understand an turbo engine's power curve and the effect it has on races from a dig, low speed roll or high speed stretch.