RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

It's Been Fun, Time to Trade

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-17, 08:22 PM
cosmo1
Pole Position

Received 28 Likes on 27 Posts
Default It's Been Fun, Time to Trade

Well fellas it's been fun but as of today I ordered a BMW M2. The rcf has been a great car but I miss a forced induction engine. Thanks to everyone for lots of knowledge and help while I had my rcf, this forum rocks!!!
Attached Thumbnails It's Been Fun, Time to Trade-alpine-white-bmw-m2-project-1.jpg  

Last edited by cosmo1; 09-08-17 at 11:46 AM.
The following users liked this post:
LRCSALES (09-12-17)
Old 09-07-17, 08:32 PM
mjn88
Lead Lap

Received 145 Likes on 96 Posts

Congrats!!! I do regret getting my RCF. If i had done more research, I would have gone with either an M240i and a brand new daily car or an M4, Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio, etc...anyway, hope you enjoy your new BMW!!!
Old 09-07-17, 08:43 PM
16GSF00336
Pole Position

Received 65 Likes on 53 Posts

Congrats......But I was looking forward to the Nismo GTR...

Originally Posted by cosmo1
Well fellas it's been fun but as of today I ordered a BMW M2. The rcf has been a great car but I miss a forced induction engine. Thanks to everyone for lots of knowledge and help while I had my rcf this forum rocks!!!
Old 09-07-17, 08:47 PM
pheen619
Pit Crew

Received 79 Likes on 42 Posts

Congrats!!! Post up pictures upon delivery...
Old 09-07-17, 08:56 PM
Lexura1414
Lexus Test Driver

Received 40 Likes on 31 Posts

That was unexpected. But congrats!
Old 09-07-17, 09:03 PM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,933 Likes on 1,362 Posts

The rcf has been a great car but I miss a forced induction engine.
And we are not all alike. No forced induction for me. A NA V8 is my cup of tea Read why.

Lou
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
The V8 1.pdf (1.80 MB, 176 views)
Pages from The V8-2.pdf (3.26 MB, 126 views)
Pages from The V8-3.pdf (3.27 MB, 104 views)
Pages from The V8-4.pdf (3.25 MB, 111 views)
The following users liked this post:
Leander311 (11-29-17)
Old 09-07-17, 09:19 PM
lexusrus
Pole Position

Received 250 Likes on 228 Posts

Nice!!!

👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍

Well fellas it's been fun but as of today I ordered a BMW M2. The rcf has been a great car but I miss a forced induction engine. Thanks to everyone for lots of knowledge and help while I had my rcf this forum rocks!!!
Old 09-08-17, 02:04 AM
Spam89
Intermediate

Received 47 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by mjn88
Congrats!!! I do regret getting my RCF. If i had done more research, I would have gone with either an M240i and a brand new daily car or an M4, Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio, etc...anyway, hope you enjoy your new BMW!!!
damn brother, you just got your rcf and now regretting it already!?
Old 09-08-17, 03:31 AM
mjn88
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Spam89
damn brother, you just got your rcf and now regretting it already!?
Yeah...to be honest its a nice car and all but its just not what i was expecting. I like that the car has a big N/A V8 with 467hp that makes an incredible sound, a pretty nice cabin and sweet gauges and seats plus Lexus reliability. Some of the things i don't like are that the car is too slow/heavy, front parking sensors are completely useless, no electronic parking brake, no auto folding mirrors, no automatic rear shade, navigation is tiny, terrible, outdated and impossible to use, back up camera looks like it came from a Nissan altima, transmission is in a world of its own always struggling to find the right gear, seats are wearing out the leather from the seatbelt after 10k miles, heated/ventilated seats are a joke. I may be nit picking but other similar cars that are competing are more fully equipped or have options to. Also, every car in it's class will blow by us like no other. Lexus performance cars are literally the butt of every joke to everyone on every car enthusiasts forum. I like the car, but I just really wished Lexus put more effort in making the performance cars better, with more power and more everything. If they're chasing down the germans for competition, they are FAILING miserably. The fact that they're doing so many dealer incentives to get these cars off the lots means that they aren't selling very well and everyone knows it, in fact people on other forums point out that fact all the time and laugh at us quite frankly. I really hope Lexus steps up their game and get past the germans because they have the potential to do so. I would like to see the next refresh Lexus RCF with a 500hp-600hp twin turbo or supercharged V8 with a close amount of torque to HP ratio as well as a lighter vehicle (Carbon fiber hood!!! like the CTS V) somewhere around 3500lbs-3700lbs. I wanna see an F line in all the cars, ISF, RCF, GSF, LCF, RXF, NXF and plus more and maybe bring the LFA back at a more affordable cost like 180k-280k. These are just my thoughts...please don't bash me to hell. I am not a BMW fan boy nor a Benz lover. I am actually a die hard Lexus fan (Last 4 cars have been Lexus vehicles) but I have been doing a lot of research and through my driving experiences this is what i've come to realize. I will always love Lexus, I just really hope they move towards a brighter and more consumer friendly market where people like us that spend $80k on a car get a car that will be fun, fast, and respected on the streets and take down some fast cars in it's class. The other day I was racing a M240i, not even the M2 and I got beat. It was all fun and games but in my head I was thinking "Dang, these guys probably got their BMW for like $25k used and just smoked a $80k Lexus.' SMH. Again, don't come after me thinking I have no love for the brand, these are just my thoughts. I am more than willing to hear any of you out. Thanks!

Last edited by mjn88; 09-08-17 at 09:52 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by mjn88:
Diode Dynamics (09-12-17), LRCSALES (09-12-17)
Old 09-08-17, 05:37 AM
Spam89
Intermediate

Yeah...to be honest its a nice car and all but its just not what i was expecting. I like that the car has a big N/A V8 with 467hp that makes an incredible sound, a pretty nice cabin and sweet gauges and seats plus Lexus reliability. Some of the things i don't like are that the car is too slow/heavy, front parking sensors are completely useless, no electronic parking brake, no auto folding mirrors, no automatic rear shade, navigation is tiny, terrible, outdated and impossible to use, back up camera looks like it came from a Nissan altima, transmission is in a world of its own always struggling to find the right gear, seats are wearing out the leather from the seatbelt after 10k miles, heated/ventilated seats are a joke. I may be nit picking but other similar cars that are competing are more fully equipped or have options to. Also, every car in it's class will blow by us like no other. Lexus performance cars are literally the butt of every joke to everyone on every car enthusiasts forum. I like the car, but I just really wished Lexus put more effort in making the performance cars better, with more power and more everything. If they're chasing down the germans for competition, they are FAILING miserably. The fact that they're doing so many dealer incentives to get these cars off the lots means that they aren't selling very well and everyone knows it, in fact people on other forums point out that fact all the time and laugh at us quite frankly. I really hope Lexus steps up their game and get past the germans because they have the potential to do so. I would like to see the next refresh Lexus RCF with a 500hp-600hp twin turbo or supercharged V8 with a close amount of torque to HP ratio as well as a lighter vehicle (Carbon fiber hood!!! like the CTS V) somewhere around 3500lbs-3700lbs. I wanna see an F line in all the cars, ISF, RCF, GSF, LCF, RXF, NXF and plus more and maybe bring the LFA back at a more affordable cost like 180k-280k. These are just my thoughts...please don't bash me to hell. I am not a BMW fan boy nor a Benz lover. I am actually a die hard Lexus fan (Last 4 cars have been Lexus vehicles) but I have been doing a lot of research and through my driving experiences this is what i've come to realize. I will always love Lexus, I just really hope they move towards a brighter and more consumer friendly market where people like us that spend $80k on a car get a car that will be fun, fast, and respected on the streets and take down some fast cars in it's class. The other day I was racing a M240i, not even the M2 and I got beat. It was all fun and games but in my head I was thinking "Dang, these guys probably got their BMW for like $25k used and just smoked a $80k Lexus.' SMH. Again, don't come after me thinking I have no love for the brand, these are just my thoughts. I am more than willing to hear any of you out. Thanks!
No problem man and I don't bash people for their opinions! The RCF indeed lacks in performance but so many positive things about it. I am a pro detailer and detail many array of cars, including a lot of bmws. The interior quality like the soft rubber plastic and leather are not in par with lexsu quality. There is a lot of negative threads on all different types of performance vehichles out there so don't let that deter you from your sexy RCF. I collaborate with fabspeed, turn14, and a lot of tuner company (detailing wise) and all I get is compliments on the car. The car itself and the looks is the reason why I purchased the RCF, then performance. I see a lot of m2 and m4s around but they just look like any other BMW cars. The forum is a very small percentage of the people who actually own these nice cars. In the real world, I get so many compliments on my RCF! Enjoy your ride and maybe you can switch over in the future.
Old 09-08-17, 09:05 AM
shadow1118
Intermediate

Received 43 Likes on 38 Posts

traitor, jk , but race that m240i on the highway 40-100
Old 09-08-17, 09:55 AM
Kerune
Pole Position

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

You're just being straightforward with your thoughts, no need to bash. Personally for a 70k+ MSRP car I was also surprised at the cooled seats, I don't even use my navi now, would love folding mirrors, etc but you will find minor issues like that with even more expensive cars. You shouldn't be reading about the RC-F in BMW enthusiast forums the same way you don't want to know how reliable BMWs are from clublexus. As much as I read the hate on the RC-F, I receive nothing but compliments in person since most people with an opinion on it do not actually have an M3/M4 to back it up.

Keep in mind it's the other way around, people are not familiar with the F series the way they think any twin turbo BMW is fast. People are more surprised that a Lexus they can't recognize since they never see it around, seems to be packing a V8 and not the usual 2.5 liter V6 and (at the right roll in 2nd or 3rd gear) will run away from most stock cars below an M3/CTS-V/etc.

Imagine a guy who paid 55k for an M240i looks up your car and realizes there's a V8 Lexus out there with 467hp retailing for $70k and it's like seeing a unicorn unlike a 2 series.
Old 09-08-17, 11:49 AM
cosmo1
Pole Position

Received 28 Likes on 27 Posts

Bolt on's and a tune 400whp/475 wtq and its 550lbs less than the rcf.. Plus DCT in which I wish lexus would have done to help the performance on rcf..
Old 09-08-17, 12:35 PM
Spam89
Intermediate

Enjoy the ride man! If the Rcf in the future lost a lot of weight but looks the same, would you go back to it?
Old 09-08-17, 01:23 PM
mjn88
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Kerune
You're just being straightforward with your thoughts, no need to bash. Personally for a 70k+ MSRP car I was also surprised at the cooled seats, I don't even use my navi now, would love folding mirrors, etc but you will find minor issues like that with even more expensive cars. You shouldn't be reading about the RC-F in BMW enthusiast forums the same way you don't want to know how reliable BMWs are from clublexus. As much as I read the hate on the RC-F, I receive nothing but compliments in person since most people with an opinion on it do not actually have an M3/M4 to back it up.

Keep in mind it's the other way around, people are not familiar with the F series the way they think any twin turbo BMW is fast. People are more surprised that a Lexus they can't recognize since they never see it around, seems to be packing a V8 and not the usual 2.5 liter V6 and (at the right roll in 2nd or 3rd gear) will run away from most stock cars below an M3/CTS-V/etc.

Imagine a guy who paid 55k for an M240i looks up your car and realizes there's a V8 Lexus out there with 467hp retailing for $70k and it's like seeing a unicorn unlike a 2 series.
I also get looks and people asking about my car and what not all the time but it's like were at the bottom of the barrel in terms of power. I never go to other car forums on purpose but i stumbled upon some while searching about the fuel pump issue and there are a crap ton of luxury car forums talking MAD trash on our F cars saying that F's are under powered, have fuel pump issues, ugly, too expensive, giving crazy discounts on them because no one wants them, too slow, and easy to beat in the streets. The CTSV forum literally said "It's always nice to pull up to a RCF and have them looking into my taillights". Anyway I just feel like I bought the car because its a Lexus with a V8 and made more power than my GS350 F Sport so I was stoked. Like I said I just don't understand their logic on making a 2 ton car with a tiny navi and with limited luxury and power. I'm really hoping Lexus comes out with a line similar to BMW. The BMW 5 series has a new line called the M550i which has 456hp/480tq twin turbo v8 and thats not even the M5.I would love for Lexus to have the selection of vehicles and motors to go through that truly compete HARD with everyone. To my understanding Lexus is making something similar to the 5 series line and there is a LC-F and redesigned GS-F coming so we'll see if I can upgrade later down the line. I will always be a Lexus fan, just hoping they can get closer into the race with the other auto makers!

Last edited by mjn88; 09-08-17 at 11:22 PM.

Quick Reply: It's Been Fun, Time to Trade