RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

4 months old rc f, rear ended ugh

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-17, 04:47 PM
AgentWin
Rookie

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
Default 4 months old rc f, rear ended ugh

On my way home from a 50hrs shift at the hospital, waiting at a stop light. Heard tires screeching and before I know it, some lady rear ended me..she said she didn't know I was stopping. Pissed me off the most is that I just bought the car.

^ the trunk is pushed up, so it doesn't even close properly
Old 09-12-17, 05:27 PM
pheen619
Pit Crew

Received 79 Likes on 42 Posts

Damn that sucks!!! At least you are okay. The car can be repaired.
Old 09-12-17, 05:54 PM
isfvss
Racer

Received 145 Likes on 115 Posts

What gets me is how do you do a 50hrs shift, glad your ok.
Old 09-12-17, 05:57 PM
lexusrus
Pole Position

Received 250 Likes on 228 Posts

Sorry to hear about your MVC. Happy to hear you are OK. THE CAR CAN BE REPAIRED/FIXED.

I have an ultra white RCF too.

More and more people are texting and driving.

One coworker got rear ended twice in one year. First time the rear impact to her one year old Infinity QX60 mid sized SUV was so severe the insurance TOTALED the QX60. The rear impact sent her vehicle spinning around and there were secondary impacts to the passenger sides and ALL AIRBAGS DEPLOYED!!! SO she got another new QX60. A few months later another vehicle rear ended her again. The damage on the second time was not enough to total it, so the rear bumper got REPAIRED.

BTW, both times she was at the red light stationary waiting for a green light. I suspect that both times the persons who hit her were texting and driving.

BTW, she was a nurse on her way to the hospital to work and both times the other nurses (two different ones not known to her) who had put in post shift 12+ hours shifts was too tired to text and drive and hit her rear end!!

Bottom line..... People need to stop texting and driving!!!

Originally Posted by AgentWin
On my way home from a 50hrs shift at the hospital, waiting at a stop light. Heard tires screeching and before I know it, some lady rear ended me..she said she didn't know I was stopping. Pissed me off the most is that I just bought the car.

Old 09-12-17, 07:18 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 296 Likes on 215 Posts

That's too bad and I feel your pain. Got rear ended twice on past Lexus cars and it's frustrating to say the least but one takes comfort in knowing that it gets repaired and life goes on.
Old 09-12-17, 07:32 PM
lexusrus
Pole Position

Received 250 Likes on 228 Posts

In some professions, people do 50+ hour shifts!!! It's not safe, but still goes on. Back in the days, interns and residents do 50+ hours shifts ...... In some states, this still goes on. To NOT BE ABLE TO DO IT, YOU SHOW SIGNS OF WEAKNESS TO THE ESTABLISHED HIGHER UP'S (YOUR ATTENDING PHYSICIANS, YOUR BOSSES) ESPECIALLY in some of the more competitive surgical specialties. I know NY State (among other states) already had instituted limits on the hours interns/residents can work. But it's hard to break traditions.

Good thing is the OP is OK. The car can be repaired or replaced.

Originally Posted by isfvss
What gets me is how do you do a 50hrs shift, glad your ok.

Last edited by lexusrus; 09-12-17 at 07:39 PM.
Old 09-12-17, 07:37 PM
biggame
Lead Lap

Received 124 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by AgentWin

Sorry about your accident...

Base on my experience, usually when the trunk doesn't shut or fit properly means you have rear body damage. Also, make sure you pick a shop that's specializes in pearl!

Check with your local dealer

Good luck
Old 09-13-17, 03:50 AM
AgentWin
Rookie

Originally Posted by biggame
Sorry about your accident...

Base on my experience, usually when the trunk doesn't shut or fit properly means you have rear body damage. Also, make sure you pick a shop that's specializes in pearl!

Check with your local dealer

Good luck
If it does have rear body dmg, how would that compromise the car? I'm no expert when it come to cars so.

btw, thank you for the reassuring everyone, hopefully it gets repaired soon and life goes on.
Old 09-13-17, 07:54 AM
ghoffner
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had some lady pull out in front of me a few weeks back and I was unable to stop in time. Think the total was about $4,500 in damage to the front end. From my experience, do not take your car to the dealer. I went to a local dealer who was "supposedly" ranked as the best Lexus body shop in the country and needless to say I wasn't pleased with the final work. The gaps in the fenders/hood aren't all even and the polish job is absolutely horrible and needs corrected. I'm definitely being picky when it comes to the gaps, but I expected 100% perfection. I originally was planning on taking it to this exotic car body repair shop, but ended up going with lexus for some reason.
Old 09-13-17, 08:10 AM
AgentWin
Rookie

Originally Posted by ghoffner
I had some lady pull out in front of me a few weeks back and I was unable to stop in time. Think the total was about $4,500 in damage to the front end. From my experience, do not take your car to the dealer. I went to a local dealer who was "supposedly" ranked as the best Lexus body shop in the country and needless to say I wasn't pleased with the final work. The gaps in the fenders/hood aren't all even and the polish job is absolutely horrible and needs corrected. I'm definitely being picky when it comes to the gaps, but I expected 100% perfection. I originally was planning on taking it to this exotic car body repair shop, but ended up going with lexus for some reason.
I'm in the fort myers and Naples area, we just got bit by the hurricane so a lot of business are close, that and I don't even know of any reputable shop around this area.

either way, I'm sorry about ur accident, just suck when u take care of the car. Only for someone else to wreck it.
Old 09-13-17, 09:48 AM
Meraki Autoworks
Your #1 Lexus Vendor

Received 695 Likes on 611 Posts

If the trunk wasn't pushed up it would've been a pretty simple job of just the bumper but now trunk alignment and other things are probably all out of place.

Bless your soul for being able to work 50 hour+...

-Josh

Your #1 Dealer for Aftermarket Performance Products
Orange County, CA
Email: info@merakiautoworks.com
Text/Call: 213 394 2886
Old 09-13-17, 09:55 AM
ryanSC300lover
Lead Lap

Received 86 Likes on 66 Posts

Through residency and fellowship, never got to do more than 30 hour shifts. You are lucky
Old 09-13-17, 01:20 PM
AgentWin
Rookie

Originally Posted by Meraki Autoworks
If the trunk wasn't pushed up it would've been a pretty simple job of just the bumper but now trunk alignment and other things are probably all out of place.

Bless your soul for being able to work 50 hour+...

-Josh
Yeah, sigh. Just want it fix and move on.
Originally Posted by ryanSC300lover
Through residency and fellowship, never got to do more than 30 hour shifts. You are lucky
I wish. It was for hurricane Irma, and we had a bunch of emergency procedure before the storm hit.