RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

Meisterschaft Owners, Need A Favor.

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-17, 08:04 PM
toystry
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Not on the forums much these days but the vibration wasn't any of the things I originally thought it was.....the mid-pipe welds were cracked almost all the way around. Luckily Meisterschaft honored their warranty and sent me a new one but what a pain in the *** this whole thing has been.

Big shout out to @weswork for loaning me his inserts to test out the electrical open/close valves, really appreciate it brother.
Old 11-29-17, 08:19 PM
weswork
Intermediate

Received 44 Likes on 28 Posts

No problem. Although Meisterschaft seems to be good about honoring their warranties, it seems as though a few people have had issues with weld cracks lately and that's troubling. One favor you could do me (or others on here). Could you check what the inner diameter of the mid-pipe piping is? Their site doesn't list it. I was thinking 2.5" but wanted to be sure.
Old 01-02-18, 02:19 PM
toystry
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by weswork
No problem. Although Meisterschaft seems to be good about honoring their warranties, it seems as though a few people have had issues with weld cracks lately and that's troubling. One favor you could do me (or others on here). Could you check what the inner diameter of the mid-pipe piping is? Their site doesn't list it. I was thinking 2.5" but wanted to be sure.
Wes,

Thanks again for the help. Here is the info you requested and some pics of what caused all the noise (mid-pipe welds extensively cracked).
Attached Thumbnails Meisterschaft Owners, Need A Favor.-img_1027.jpg   Meisterschaft Owners, Need A Favor.-img_1028.jpg   Meisterschaft Owners, Need A Favor.-img_1029.jpg   Meisterschaft Owners, Need A Favor.-img_1030.jpg   Meisterschaft Owners, Need A Favor.-img_1031.jpg  

Meisterschaft Owners, Need A Favor.-img_1032.jpg   Meisterschaft Owners, Need A Favor.-img_1033.jpg  
Old 01-02-18, 03:34 PM
Mingofish
Lexus Test Driver

Received 330 Likes on 231 Posts

Dang! That’s some big time failures.
Mine was just a single weld opened up at the pie cuts of the Ti muffler.
They repaired it or just sent you a new one?
Think you bottomed out on something that caused all those cracks? Pretty extensive.

Psss
I got a Mesti SS mid pipe in good shape just sitting around if anyone is interested.
Hit me up on pm.
Old 01-02-18, 04:01 PM
toystry
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Mingofish
Dang! That’s some big time failures.
Mine was just a single weld opened up at the pie cuts of the Ti muffler.
They repaired it or just sent you a new one?
Think you bottomed out on something that caused all those cracks? Pretty extensive.

Psss
I got a Mesti SS mid pipe in good shape just sitting around if anyone is interested.
Hit me up on pm.

Nope never bottomed out, never tracked, its a daily driver and stock height. Just poor quality control on the day that someone welded it. I drove around with the noise for a while before I realized it wasn't the heat shield so it likely got worse over time. They sent me a new one and I was supposed to mail the old one back but they didn't provide any info and I honestly have no intent to pay return shipping on something that broke under warranty. I'm gonna hang onto it for a few months and if I don't hear back from them it's going on the garbage.
Old 01-03-18, 09:39 AM
lexusrus
Pole Position

Received 250 Likes on 228 Posts

Sorry to hear about all your troubles with your exhaust system.

i closely examined my new Borla exhaust system when it arrived and as far as I can tell, no defects. Did you look closely at YOUR EXHAUST SYSTEM on arrival when new out of the box?

I wonder if the "Borla MILLION MILES WARRANTY" is any better? Anyone out there with Borla trouble? Just wondering...

Originally Posted by toystry
Nope never bottomed out, never tracked, its a daily driver and stock height. Just poor quality control on the day that someone welded it. I drove around with the noise for a while before I realized it wasn't the heat shield so it likely got worse over time. They sent me a new one and I was supposed to mail the old one back but they didn't provide any info and I honestly have no intent to pay return shipping on something that broke under warranty. I'm gonna hang onto it for a few months and if I don't hear back from them it's going on the garbage.
Old 01-03-18, 11:04 AM
MisterEun
Pole Position

Received 88 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by lexusrus
Sorry to hear about all your troubles with your exhaust system.

i closely examined my new Borla exhaust system when it arrived and as far as I can tell, no defects. Did you look closely at YOUR EXHAUST SYSTEM on arrival when new out of the box?

I wonder if the "Borla MILLION MILES WARRANTY" is any better? Anyone out there with Borla trouble? Just wondering...
Borla after-care service has already been proven in other threads to be extremely efficient and customer oriented.
So no worries homie.
Old 01-05-18, 02:07 AM
lexusrus
Pole Position

Received 250 Likes on 228 Posts

Good to know.

I noticed that the Borla exhaust system pipes hangs just a little lower than the OEM's right before the rear axle. One could bottom out if lowered? Mine is not lowered, so I think all ok.

Originally Posted by MisterEun
Borla after-care service has already been proven in other threads to be extremely efficient and customer oriented.
So no worries homie.
Old 02-26-20, 05:28 PM
Irob
Driver School Candidate

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Mine did the same thing damn

Wes,

Thanks again for the help. Here is the info you requested and some pics of what caused all the noise (mid-pipe welds extensively cracked).
had some rattling thought it was only internal then I finally got a chance to remove it today and this happened luckily then sent me a new replacement through warranty

Serious failure in the first gen mid pipes second gen is way louder as well

I don’t even know what to say about this $1800 dollar product that took a **** in one and a half years of light use
Old 02-27-20, 11:17 AM
gsfdream
Driver

Received 48 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by Irob
had some rattling thought it was only internal then I finally got a chance to remove it today and this happened luckily then sent me a new replacement through warranty

Serious failure in the first gen mid pipes second gen is way louder as well

I don’t even know what to say about this $1800 dollar product that took a **** in one and a half years of light use

dang man for that to happen for such a expensive product is sad.
glad they covered it.
my joez catback is perfect amount of volume for my gsf.
The following users liked this post:
Irob (02-29-20)
Old 03-02-20, 06:41 AM
toystry
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by gsfdream
dang man for that to happen for such a expensive product is sad.
glad they covered it.
my joez catback is perfect amount of volume for my gsf.
The new system they sent me out last year is already failing too for a second time. I have to say if you’re in the market for this system you may want to think twice. Between the cracks in the system and now my open close valves stopped working I have to say they make a very inferior product unfortunately given their outrageous price point. Buyer beware!!
The following users liked this post:
05RollaXRS (03-02-20)
Old 03-02-20, 08:33 AM
Irob
Driver School Candidate

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Default The new mid pipe is made completely different

The new system they sent me out last year is already failing too for a second time. I have to say if you’re in the market for this system you may want to think twice. Between the cracks in the system and now my open close valves stopped working I have to say they make a very inferior product unfortunately given their outrageous price point. Buyer beware!!
Actually the new gen 2 mid pipe is way better quality made from totally different source than they had before have you tried it ? Do you have pictures of the second one failing ? You can see it in the welds as they have no color or rainbow which means no oxidation problems as well as no resonated mid section it’s just straight pipe . Rainbow or color in welds isn’t a good thing the yellow and straw colors are OK, but blue and purple may not be. The color depends on the temperature experienced by the weld and HAZ. It is also affected by the heat input which determines cooling rates. And lastly, it is affected by contamination from the atmosphere (even with 100% inert gas) and surface contaminants... Corrosion resistance is reduced by oxidation. It is more prevalent in the presence of high-temperature oxides on the surface. This is due to chromium depletion in both the oxide and underlying alloy substrate. Hence why those welds busted wide open under pressure .
And as for the valves , almost all valves crap out after extensive use. I thought mine where not working as well after two and a half years of having them but I figure out all I had to do was reprogram my key fob . For some reason my GT haus key fob un learned the signal and wouldn’t open my valves . I had all kinds of professionals telling me yeah they need replacing and one day I called GT haus and asked for the reprogramming directions to be emailed . Simple enough it said open the little box connected to your battery that controls the valves press the white button till the light flashes then while it’s flashing hold the open button on the key fob. To my surprise they actually began to open and close again haha . I saved money on some new valves for the meanwhile . All aftermarket valves no matter what brand you get don’t last very long if you open and close them multiple times a day even if that’s what they are for . Plus living by the ocean and all that salt in the air doesn’t help brake calipers, nuts and bolts, can corrode as well. According to engineers in San Diego salty air humidity and dew are among the largest factors in progressing corrosion, particularly during certain times of the year. “Winter is the worst, since summer has much less dew during the nights and mornings,” . “The water droplets create sites where corrosion can occur, and salt helps to accelerate the corrosion.” Just saying there are more factors to your problem. Not disagreeing but just not gonna bash a Brand just because they had some hiccups . Especially when tons of other people have had no issues . Plus if I where to ever buy another exhaust for another vehicle I’d just get the one with no valves as I never close them anyway lol .
Old 03-09-20, 09:52 AM
toystry
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Irob
. Not disagreeing but just not gonna bash a Brand just because they had some hiccups . Especially when tons of other people have had no issues . Plus if I where to ever buy another exhaust for another vehicle I’d just get the one with no valves as I never close them anyway lol .
To each their own but when you spend the type of money that GT Haus asks for their systems you shouldn't have to worry about replacing it once, let alone twice. The new midlife they sent me lasted less than a year and is coming un-welded, the open/close valves have stopped working (I don't live close to the engine, I live far inland).

My post is to inform people of my experiences to give them all of the knowledge they need or want which is why people come to forums to learn. If a company makes a product that continues to fail, it's worth noting, especially if the part failed twice. Worst part is I baby my Lexus, it's a highway queen, I don't race, don't track, etc. I just wanted a cool sounding exhaust that could be loud when I want it to be and "quieter" when I don't want it to be so loud.