RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

No Fly Zone - Arizona Results

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-17, 04:42 PM
OURISF
Driver

Received 50 Likes on 31 Posts
Default No Fly Zone - Arizona Results

So I had another thread going with not much discussion. I figured other RC-F owners might be interested in what to expect if they want to go give 1/2 mile racing a shot. This was in Gila Bend Arizona...the day started out cool (lower 70's) and heated up into the 90's by the afternoon. Runway was very good (not many bumps) and plenty of time to slow down. Had a ton of fun and think the "F" did respectable per my buddies watching all of the speeds for the day as I was out doing my runs.

My 2015 RC-F is stock expect for "resonator delete". I emptied out my trunk of all tools, etc...and removed the engine shroud to help with keeping it cool. Had zero problems all day and even sitting in the line to await my turn had no heating problems, etc...Also I ran all but one run in Sport Mode.

Here was my results:
No Fly Zone - Arizona Results-nfz.png

Last edited by OURISF; 10-23-17 at 04:47 PM.
The following 5 users liked this post by OURISF:
ba2sy (10-23-17), BossMoss (10-24-17), JT2MA71 (10-23-17), Lexura1414 (10-23-17), raerae1616 (10-26-17)
Old 10-23-17, 04:44 PM
OURISF
Driver

Here are a few pictures from the day:

No Fly Zone - Arizona Results-nfz_1.jpgNo Fly Zone - Arizona Results-nfz_3.jpgNo Fly Zone - Arizona Results-nfz_4.jpgNo Fly Zone - Arizona Results-nfz_6.jpg
Old 10-23-17, 06:00 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,496 Likes on 1,796 Posts

Cool. 138 mph is very impressive in the 1/2 mile. Congrats
Old 10-23-17, 08:55 PM
Vitveet
Racer

Received 254 Likes on 176 Posts

Congrats! Good stuff man! Only 3-4 mph off of the supercharged RCF that ran a few months ago 👍.
What cars did you run against? How'd you do against them?! Just curious.
Thanks for posting your results!

V.
Old 10-24-17, 06:18 AM
OURISF
Driver

Originally Posted by 05RollaXRS
Cool. 138 mph is very impressive in the 1/2 mile. Congrats
Thanks...maybe it was the cool weather IDK but that first run was by far my best even though the other runs felt very similar. I thought I should be able to repeat that but could not???

Originally Posted by Vitveet
Congrats! Good stuff man! Only 3-4 mph off of the supercharged RCF that ran a few months ago 👍.
What cars did you run against? How'd you do against them?! Just curious.
Thanks for posting your results!.
First and foremost all but one of my runs were from a dig and I pulled every car up to third gear...I was surprised by that...in hindsight I should have done a run in manual and tried to hold 4th or 5th gear to the end as I noticed there was a late shift by the car near the 1/2 mile marker that may have cost me a mph or two...next time.

First two runs were against a guy I met with a pretty much stock ATSV. He got me and did 142mph even though I got him to third gear and he even used launch control.

I also ran a AMG GTS (148mph), a 650hp C6 Z06 (152mph)...and from a roll a 553hp Civic that did 162mph.
Old 10-24-17, 09:30 PM
BossMoss
Pole Position

Received 129 Likes on 75 Posts

Originally Posted by OURISF
Thanks...maybe it was the cool weather IDK but that first run was by far my best even though the other runs felt very similar. I thought I should be able to repeat that but could not???

First and foremost all but one of my runs were from a dig and I pulled every car up to third gear...I was surprised by that...in hindsight I should have done a run in manual and tried to hold 4th or 5th gear to the end as I noticed there was a late shift by the car near the 1/2 mile marker that may have cost me a mph or two...next time.

First two runs were against a guy I met with a pretty much stock ATSV. He got me and did 142mph even though I got him to third gear and he even used launch control.

I also ran a AMG GTS (148mph), a 650hp C6 Z06 (152mph)...and from a roll a 553hp Civic that did 162mph.
Thanks for the post. I was hoping to be able to make it but was working over the weekend. I drive through Gila Bend every week. Hope to make it next year - Hope you do it again as well.
Old 10-25-17, 06:05 AM
OURISF
Driver

Originally Posted by BossMoss
Thanks for the post. I was hoping to be able to make it but was working over the weekend. I drive through Gila Bend every week. Hope to make it next year - Hope you do it again as well.
I wish you could have made it also...as you can imagine I was the only Lexus. My​​​​​ shop in Scottsdale is a sponsor and told me they have not announced it yet because of the event coming up in California but NFZ will be back at Gila Bend in December. Maybe you can make that one? Let me know if you can. I would be very interested to see how your car does with the mods you have...hope to see you there.

Last edited by OURISF; 10-25-17 at 11:48 AM.
Old 10-25-17, 09:12 AM
IMCHIA
Lead Lap

Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts

Time for a catback exhaust! Those really opens the car up!
Old 10-25-17, 01:06 PM
BossMoss
Pole Position

Received 129 Likes on 75 Posts

Originally Posted by OURISF
I wish you could have made it also...as you can imagine I was the only Lexus. My​​​​​ shop in Scottsdale is a sponsor and told me they have not announced it yet because of the event coming up in California but NFZ will be back at Gila Bend in December. Maybe you can make that one? Let me know if you can. I would be very interested to see how your car does with the mods you have...hope to see you there.

If you know the date, I can probably adjust my work schedule to be there in December - Unless it's the first weekend (taking my kid to Polar Express 12/2).
Have you also done any ¼ mile times at Firebird or elsewhere? I wouldn't mind trying mine out at the Friday night "Run what you brung" drags. Not sure if Firebird still does those now that there is new ownership though.
Old 10-26-17, 06:18 AM
OURISF
Driver

Originally Posted by IMCHIA
Time for a catback exhaust! Those really opens the car up!
I hear you...need more power and less weight. If you look at my results I was 4mph slower when my 250pd buddy went for a ride. So does that mean if I can somehow knock 250 pds off the car and run by myself with no other mods I could break 140mph??? I wonder but that is quite a bit of weight to lose besides what I already did by cleaning out the trunk, etc...
Old 10-26-17, 07:17 PM
Kramer
Instructor

Received 121 Likes on 86 Posts

Man thanks for the pointers. I can't wait to be around a ton of fast cars! I go to Jumbolair for 1/2 mile wannagofast event this weekend. I'm stoked! I will post my numbers after the event so we can compare!!
Old 10-27-17, 06:14 AM
OURISF
Driver

Originally Posted by Kramer
Man thanks for the pointers. I can't wait to be around a ton of fast cars! I go to Jumbolair for 1/2 mile wannagofast event this weekend. I'm stoked! I will post my numbers after the event so we can compare!!
That's awesome man... have fun and I ran there back in 2014 with a 2009 Porsche 911TT. I did 146mph completely stock at 480hp at the crank. It is a good runway but there is sort of a dip about 2/3 the way down... nothing to worry about but just feels a little odd on your first run but afterwards did not really notice it. And one last thing is there is enough time to slow down but not as much as you think so just be prepared and pay attention after you go through the traps to start slowing down. Again nothing to worry about as a Lambo did 233mph the weekend I was there and he stopped in time.

Again have fun...run hard and I am excited to hear how you do.
The following users liked this post:
Kramer (10-27-17)
Old 10-27-17, 07:53 PM
Vitveet
Racer

Received 254 Likes on 176 Posts

Originally Posted by Kramer
Wow! Nice! I wanted to go but behind in work. 8 he drive for me there. Are you going both days or just one day? Love seeing Fs run. I MAY come Sunday if I can get caught up in the next 20 hrs with work. Also, what are your mods?
And OP, most definitely if you can lose 250 lbs you'd gain 4mphs, lol. Like you said, not sure how you'd do that being that the tire/jack, etc are already out of the car....

V.
Old 10-28-17, 09:03 AM
Kramer
Instructor

Received 121 Likes on 86 Posts

Just Sunday for me.....4hr drive to get there from where I live. Mods are Invidia Catback Exhaust, RR-Racing Air-Oil Separator and Carbon Intake tube with Apexi drop in filter panel. RS-R Springs, STANCE 19" Wheels brushed titanium, Apexi Throttle controller, stainless braided brake lines.
Old 10-28-17, 09:26 AM
OURISF
Driver

Originally Posted by Vitveet
And OP, most definitely if you can lose 250 lbs you'd gain 4mphs, lol. Like you said, not sure how you'd do that being that the tire/jack, etc are already out of the car....V.
I hear you so my list would probably look like the following:
Lithium battery - 30lbs
Titanium exhaust - 20lbs (since I already did res delete)
Light Wheels - 30lbs and help with rotational mass
Remove rear seats - 30lbs???
Not sure what else so I guess go on a diet and loose 100 pounds...LMAO

Quick Reply: No Fly Zone - Arizona Results