RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

Buying 2015 RCF - Please help w/ questions.

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-17, 02:11 PM
08sgmis350
Advanced

Received 187 Likes on 73 Posts

Hey I'm in a same boat with you. trying to get 15 RC F. this car is so unique and I think u will enjoy it. I know I will when I get mine I owned all kinds of Lexus so far for many years (IS, RX, GS, LS) and man Lexus doesn't want to break down on you ever. one of the reason I'm choosing RC F. I see my friends driving loaner bmw or benz all the time and they say car is in the shop again lol. anyways good luck with purchase and hopefully we are the RC F owner one day~
Old 12-20-17, 11:04 AM
Dave83
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I ended up buying a 2018 audi S3. No RC-F but 0-60 in 4.6s XD. I love this thing. The RC-F will have to wait!

Thank you all for the help. I got the audi because of a killer deal and because RC-F certified inventory is very limited.
Old 12-20-17, 12:05 PM
djeayzonne
Pit Crew

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Dave83
I ended up buying a 2018 audi S3. No RC-F but 0-60 in 4.6s XD. I love this thing. The RC-F will have to wait!

Thank you all for the help. I got the audi because of a killer deal and because RC-F certified inventory is very limited.
Congrats man!
That is impressive performance from a 4-cylinder.
The idea of spending that kind of coin just to get a 4-cylinder has always made me sick to my stomach, but I may have to start changing my mind.

Of the Germans, I think Audi might be the only I'd be willing to try, so I would personally be extremely interested in hearing your ownership experience during the next few years!
Old 12-20-17, 01:37 PM
Dave83
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by djeayzonne
Congrats man!
That is impressive performance from a 4-cylinder.
The idea of spending that kind of coin just to get a 4-cylinder has always made me sick to my stomach, but I may have to start changing my mind.

Of the Germans, I think Audi might be the only I'd be willing to try, so I would personally be extremely interested in hearing your ownership experience during the next few years!
Thanks! So far I'm blown away by this car. AWD is amazing and launch control is wow! Very nimble, light and fast. Almost go-kart feeling.

I'll post pics later, I think it looks really pretty too! It also has a digital dash that is really cool with fullscreen nav.
Old 12-20-17, 01:41 PM
djeayzonne
Pit Crew

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Dave83
Thanks! So far I'm blown away by this car. AWD is amazing and launch control is wow! Very nimble, light and fast. Almost go-kart feeling.

I'll post pics later, I think it looks really pretty too! It also has a digital dash that is really cool with fullscreen nav.
Did you ever drive any RF-Fs before buying this car? If so, I would like to hear your comparison of interior quality, fit, and finish.
Old 12-20-17, 01:55 PM
Dave83
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by djeayzonne
Did you ever drive any RF-Fs before buying this car? If so, I would like to hear your comparison of interior quality, fit, and finish.
I did! Here's a quick comparison:

RCF
+ 5.0 V8 - crazy sound
+ Exterior look, beautiful car
+ Spaceship like interior and high quality materials
+ Tire size in rear
- Navigation and joystick feels outdated
- Exhaust sound
- heavy
- price (but you get what you pay for)

S3
+ quattro
+ Fast, nimble, amazing grip on fast turns
+ Was able to get a great deal
+ Exhaust sound (mine has an exhaust upgrade from factory)
+ Simple yet elegant interior.
+ Technology is amazing!
+ great MPG!
- Interior quality below that of lexus
- Not as fast as RC-F
- 4 cyl 292hp
- Bang and olufsen doesn't seem to be as good as ML (didn't fully test in either car)
- Warranty and reliability compared to lexus (assuming, first audi)

Eventually I will get the RC-F as a weekend car (once i'm filthy rich), but in 2018, it's tough to buy a performance car that sucks, whether japanese or german. I'm very happy with my purchase!