RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

Can RR racing tune make RCF pop and crackle?

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-18, 05:22 PM
Apaul
Driver

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
Default Can RR racing tune make RCF pop and crackle?

Hey guys,

i have a borla catback on my rcf and i love it but seeing f type or f type svr videos i wish car had more pop and bang. Does anyone know a way to accomplish that? Besides mb removing cats. Anybody familiar with how ecu overrun tune works? Is RR racing tune able to accomplish something like that?
Old 01-02-18, 08:36 PM
yellow2112
Pit Crew

Received 43 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by Apaul
Hey guys,

i have a borla catback on my rcf and i love it but seeing f type or f type svr videos i wish car had more pop and bang. Does anyone know a way to accomplish that? Besides mb removing cats. Anybody familiar with how ecu overrun tune works? Is RR racing tune able to accomplish something like that?
I have both RR tune and borla and my RCF does pop and crackle but i always figured it was the exhaust more than the tune
Old 01-02-18, 10:07 PM
ISFPOWER
Lexus Champion

Received 144 Likes on 119 Posts

my rcf crackes and pop with just a mid pipe.
Old 01-03-18, 03:16 AM
Apaul
Driver

Originally Posted by yellow2112
I have both RR tune and borla and my RCF does pop and crackle but i always figured it was the exhaust more than the tune

mine does too here and there but not every time. How do you like the tune? Any issues from it?
Old 01-03-18, 03:43 PM
yellow2112
Pit Crew

Received 43 Likes on 24 Posts

mine does too here and there but not every time. How do you like the tune? Any issues from it?
None to report so far.

2 visits to Lexus and no problems there either.

Probably going back for headers in spring.
Old 01-04-18, 01:34 PM
Ne1tHeRe
Instructor

Received 111 Likes on 107 Posts

Hey guys,

Think you need more...

Haha...sorry, just had to...but, yes, you will need to modify exhaust and remove the cats.

It is basically the residual gasoline and/or gas fumes that aren't burned in the engine and would normally get burned up in the cats that is igniting, AFAIK.
Old 01-04-18, 01:39 PM
Apaul
Driver

Originally Posted by Ne1tHeRe
Think you need more...

Haha...sorry, just had to...but, yes, you will need to modify exhaust and remove the cats.

It is basically the residual gasoline and/or gas fumes that aren't burned in the engine and would normally get burned up in the cats that is igniting, AFAIK.
lmao all good. Surprised it took this long for someone. But ya i figured as much but don't really wanna get rid of cats cuz i heard it smells and other issues. Saw few bmw m3s with overrun tunes have that so i figured i ask the ppls. Thx again
Old 01-05-18, 02:32 PM
Suburbazin
Driver

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts

Crackle and pop just seems like such a bad idea on titanium valves.
Old 01-05-18, 03:32 PM
LXSDO
Advanced

Received 147 Likes on 103 Posts

Originally Posted by Suburbazin
Crackle and pop just seems like such a bad idea on titanium valves.
This^^^
To each their own. Instead of sounding like a well tuned engine, let's make it sound like a jalopy. Lexus engineers be like WTF.
The following users liked this post:
luislopezt (01-30-18)
Old 01-08-18, 02:33 PM
Kramer
Instructor

Received 121 Likes on 86 Posts

I owned and F-Type V8S, traded it for my RCF, used to own an ISF before. That is the one thing I miss the most is the exhaust note on my F-type......No growl on the RC-F, even with Invidia catback. But it is a totally different car and probably wouldn't want the snap, crackle, pop, but would love it if I could afford the Novel complete setup for that intoxicating sound!!!
Old 01-29-18, 11:53 AM
GR4NR1C3RF
Rookie

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

You can run catless headers/pipes and not have the "cool" Crackle 'N Pop w/a a proper tune. Now, if you like sound'n "cool" and washing down your piston rings w/wasted gas, have @ it w/the Crackle 'N Pop on decel...LOL!

Last edited by GR4NR1C3RF; 01-30-18 at 06:53 AM.
Old 01-29-18, 11:57 AM
Apaul
Driver

Originally Posted by GR4NR1C3RF
U can run catless headers/pipes and not have the "cool" Crackle 'N Pop w/a a proper tune. Now, if u like sound'n "cool" and washing down ur piston rings w/wasted gas, have @ it w/the Crackle 'N Pop on decel...LOL!
So many ppl here that offer help and smart advice and then there are judgmental and know it all like you. Save your time and effort next time.
Old 02-17-18, 10:06 PM
joeyz10
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mercedes AMG's have excellent crackles and pops even with their stock exhaust. My RC F is lame and will be replacing it soon with an AMG! Hate my exhaust...
Old 02-18-18, 05:16 AM
Vitveet
Racer

Received 254 Likes on 176 Posts

Originally Posted by joeyz10
Mercedes AMG's have excellent crackles and pops even with their stock exhaust. My RC F is lame and will be replacing it soon with an AMG! Hate my exhaust...
Looks like you need an aftermarket exhaust...
If not, have fun with whatever AMG you get....

V.
Old 02-19-18, 01:58 PM
yooniverse
Lead Lap

Received 28 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by Kramer
I owned and F-Type V8S, traded it for my RCF, used to own an ISF before. That is the one thing I miss the most is the exhaust note on my F-type......No growl on the RC-F, even with Invidia catback. But it is a totally different car and probably wouldn't want the snap, crackle, pop, but would love it if I could afford the Novel complete setup for that intoxicating sound!!!
Get the PPE headers, you will love the car even more after.
The following users liked this post:
Kramer (08-30-19)

Quick Reply: Can RR racing tune make RCF pop and crackle?