RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

FML: PPE Header Fitment issues....

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-18, 08:17 PM
pheen619
Pit Crew

Received 79 Likes on 42 Posts
Default PPE Header Fitment issues....

I had my headers installed and having fitment issues. I emailed them and waiting to hear back.

I am wondering if there are any members here who encountered issues with their headers?

Labor and alignment cost down the toilet...

On the driver side header, the steering shaft is making contact and can be felt when turning the steering and felt all the way up to the steering wheel.

On the passenger side, one of the pipes is sitting on the actual engine mount.

Driver Side:
FML: PPE Header Fitment issues....-vygbwj5.jpg
FML: PPE Header Fitment issues....-hmprmah.jpg
FML: PPE Header Fitment issues....-ismyy1v.jpg
FML: PPE Header Fitment issues....-oslempy.jpg

Passenger Side:
FML: PPE Header Fitment issues....-ynrzaex.jpg
FML: PPE Header Fitment issues....-zobrrgn.jpg
FML: PPE Header Fitment issues....-bqlu4p6.jpg

Last edited by pheen619; 02-08-18 at 06:47 PM.
Old 02-08-18, 05:35 AM
LRCSALES
Lead Lap

Received 73 Likes on 52 Posts

Hmm. I had 0 issues with fitment. My headers are coated and not wrapped. I jabe a friend with a GSF that wrapped his he doesn't habe a problem. These headers are made in a tight jig. I messed up my dipstick during install trying to make the bend right. They sent me one for free pre bent. They are very good at customers service. I am really sorry you are having a problem.
Old 02-08-18, 05:37 AM
LRCSALES
Lead Lap

Received 73 Likes on 52 Posts

Not to knock your installer but this should have been checked after the subframe was reinstalled. Appears they bolted it up and took it off the lift.
Old 02-08-18, 08:22 AM
PPEHeaders
Sponsor

Received 49 Likes on 29 Posts

Hi pheen619,

Again, sorry you are having issues with the install. I just sent you a detailed email reply.

As LRCSALES mentioned it is tight fitment. You will definitely need to remove the header wrap around the steering shaft area for clearance.
Old 02-08-18, 08:57 AM
Ne1tHeRe
Instructor

Received 111 Likes on 107 Posts

Curious...are these equal or unequal length? Do they both have this issue?
Old 02-08-18, 02:53 PM
ISFPOWER
Lexus Champion

Received 144 Likes on 119 Posts

Originally Posted by Ne1tHeRe
Curious...are these equal or unequal length? Do they both have this issue?
they have to be equal length. rc-f has more room than the ISF for aftermarket headers which is why the rc-f has the equal length option.

its a tight fit regardless which is why Figs now sell engine mounts that are smaller that helps the equal length headers for these cars.
Old 02-08-18, 05:59 PM
pheen619
Pit Crew

I am running unequal. I assumed that by running unequal, would give me more room and less chance of clearance issue. I would trade a little loss of HP for things to fit once and right the first time.

PPE do stand by their product and is working with me to fix this, which I really appreciate.

The shop that did the work comes highly recommended and do a lot of installs here for f-members. I can say everything was fine until about half way home and I started to hear a knocking noise and then a banging noise on turns. I assume everything settled back down and the clearance became tighter. The only crappy thing is I have to pay labor again to have them drop the headers and realign my car.
Old 02-08-18, 08:04 PM
Vitveet
Racer

Received 254 Likes on 176 Posts

They need to make sure it's not a problem with their labor first before they charge you again. If they've installed these headers on the RCF before without issues, that should tell everyone that the installer has made an error somewhere. Find out who specifically worked on the car... could have been the rookie/new hire.... just because "the shop" has done these types of installs doesn't mean the installer you had has, lol.

V.
Old 02-08-18, 08:37 PM
pheen619
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by Vitveet
They need to make sure it's not a problem with their labor first before they charge you again. If they've installed these headers on the RCF before without issues, that should tell everyone that the installer has made an error somewhere. Find out who specifically worked on the car... could have been the rookie/new hire.... just because "the shop" has done these types of installs doesn't mean the installer you had has, lol.

V.
I hear ya... In this situation the shop owner did the work on my car. He also did my buddies Novel header install on his GSF, a bunch of ISF's with PPE & Sikky headers, so I am positive he knew what he was doing.
Old 02-08-18, 09:58 PM
LXSDO
Advanced

Received 147 Likes on 103 Posts

Damn .This sucks . Hopefully it is a manufacturing defect and not bad install. Hopefully they give you a discount on reinstall . If not the guys at WOW in Poway work on their supercharged isf and isfs .They work closely with RR racing and even do the ECU flash there, I think. maybe worth taking there?
Old 02-09-18, 10:53 AM
Meraki Autoworks
Your #1 Lexus Vendor

Received 691 Likes on 608 Posts

Did you go to RNZ?

-Josh

Your #1 Dealer for Aftermarket Performance Products
Orange County, CA
Email: info@merakiautoworks.com
Text/Call: 213 394 2886
Old 02-09-18, 04:39 PM
pheen619
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by Meraki Autoworks
Did you go to RNZ?

-Josh
Yes I did.
Old 02-12-18, 03:50 PM
yooniverse
Lead Lap

Received 28 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by ISFPOWER
they have to be equal length. rc-f has more room than the ISF for aftermarket headers which is why the rc-f has the equal length option.

its a tight fit regardless which is why Figs now sell engine mounts that are smaller that helps the equal length headers for these cars.
I had my wrapped PPE equal headers installed a few months ago and don't have any issues what so ever.
The following users liked this post:
Ne1tHeRe (02-13-18)
Old 02-13-18, 06:45 AM
airlaird
Pole Position

Received 32 Likes on 23 Posts

Pheen please keep us apprised as to the outcome of the final install. Many of us want to buy the PPE headers and know the company to be a fine reputable company. I'll admit I too would wrapped the headers before the installation ( if that was the issue). Again, we look forward to the remedy PPE provides.
airlaird
Old 02-13-18, 07:06 AM
Ne1tHeRe
Instructor

Received 111 Likes on 107 Posts

Originally Posted by yooniverse
I had my wrapped PPE equal headers installed a few months ago and don't have any issues what so ever.
Looking to be one of next upgrades and I know a lot of people have had this done with no issues...but worried and was wondering if this was an issue or not. Looks like the only issue was from the this one instance with unequal length.

Last edited by Ne1tHeRe; 02-13-18 at 10:56 AM.

Quick Reply: FML: PPE Header Fitment issues....