RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

Tinted daytime running lights illegal?

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-18, 06:42 AM
lexusrus
Pole Position

Received 250 Likes on 228 Posts

It all depends on the LEO. You can argue till you are BLUE in the face, he or she will still write you a ticket if he or she is determined. If you argue some more, your car may get impounded for additional charges. You WILL have YOUR DAY IN COURT.

It's like NOT having a front license plate in CA or too dark tints on front windows and WINDSHIELD in most states ........most of the time the LEOs are not gonna bother. But if the LEO stops you and you are acting like a jacka&&, well......anything goes....

Originally Posted by yooniverse
I don't think yellow is illegal.
Old 02-05-20, 10:36 PM
GR3Y5H3ART
Lead Lap

Received 102 Likes on 75 Posts

sorry to bring up an old thread but i am thinking of doing this and happened upon this Thread

i actually had to check Urban dic. to see what a LEO was...lol

my days in SoCal, i agree with lexusrus...if you are cool with cops and respectful...they may reciprocate

if you were ever pulled over specifically for that:

"this is how i bought the car"
"i didn't know they were illegal"
etc.

in SoCal, it really depends on the Officer and is his discretion since soooo many people drive around without CA CARB compliant equipment

just don't do bad things esp. around cops and you should be fine (speeding, peeling out, revving, etc.)

worse case, take it court, talk to the DA and yellow tint on headlights should be a 0 point ticket and a small fine

just remember if you get pulled over for it once, you can't plead ignorance in that same County

i.e. if you got a lesser charge on super dark illegal Tint and get pulled over for it again, well...once bitten...
Old 02-06-20, 02:22 AM
sunamer
Advanced

Received 183 Likes on 130 Posts

I doubt that THAT yellow is illegal. It does look a bit more monochromatic than some ****ty old inca-lightbuls in old cars, but not by much. I am pretty sure 9000-15000K headlights would be a lot more "visible" to a cop than these.
Old 02-08-20, 01:52 PM
adreano17
Advanced

Received 110 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by GR3Y5H3ART
sorry to bring up an old thread but i am thinking of doing this and happened upon this Thread

i actually had to check Urban dic. to see what a LEO was...lol

my days in SoCal, i agree with lexusrus...if you are cool with cops and respectful...they may reciprocate

if you were ever pulled over specifically for that:

"this is how i bought the car"
"i didn't know they were illegal"
etc.

in SoCal, it really depends on the Officer and is his discretion since soooo many people drive around without CA CARB compliant equipment

just don't do bad things esp. around cops and you should be fine (speeding, peeling out, revving, etc.)

worse case, take it court, talk to the DA and yellow tint on headlights should be a 0 point ticket and a small fine

just remember if you get pulled over for it once, you can't plead ignorance in that same County

i.e. if you got a lesser charge on super dark illegal Tint and get pulled over for it again, well...once bitten...
Is it really worth the hassle? I have gotten pulled over for far less, and I want to avoid any police interaction I can.

Regardless, I can think of better illegal mods to fight over than tinting DRL IMO. This just isn't worth it.