RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

Status on Recalls?

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-18, 11:27 AM
08sgmis350
Advanced

Received 187 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by ct6978
Toyota is releasing the parts as dealers call in with each VIN. If you call your dealer, give them your vin and ask them to order the parts they'll call you in a week or two to schedule the appointment.
Originally Posted by e2dag

Mine is at Cerritos Lexus. They had to order the part.

Yea, I called West Minster Lexus and they setup the appointment for me next Tuesday. Thank you,

Yea my dealer said that they will order the part too.

One more thing to add guys... Does any1 know if West Minster Lexus is cool with lowered cars?

Mine is lowered with swift springs and full Tom's CF lip kit. Rear and side should be ok but front scratches

if they are not careful. I drive really carefully and sometimes I scratch my front Tom's lip.

Should I take off front and side lip before I take it in lol? That's lotta time taking lips off and putting it back on after recall :s

Any1 has experience with West Minster Lexus, please let me know~

Thanks!
Old 04-11-18, 01:43 PM
647TTA
Rookie

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

I received my notice yesterday and called today. The dealer said they would contact me to schedule when they have the parts in stock.
Old 04-11-18, 02:28 PM
Juniorrsx
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 08sgmis350
Yea, I called West Minster Lexus and they setup the appointment for me next Tuesday. Thank you,

Yea my dealer said that they will order the part too.

One more thing to add guys... Does any1 know if West Minster Lexus is cool with lowered cars?

Mine is lowered with swift springs and full Tom's CF lip kit. Rear and side should be ok but front scratches

if they are not careful. I drive really carefully and sometimes I scratch my front Tom's lip.

Should I take off front and side lip before I take it in lol? That's lotta time taking lips off and putting it back on after recall :s

Any1 has experience with West Minster Lexus, please let me know~

Thanks!

the dealer i was at never had to raise or lift the car. they did it all through the open front hood, with the car sitting on the ground in the bay. so i would think lowered or not shouldnt be an issue. the only issue i had was light scratches on the front fenders from them leaning in the engine bay. the scratches buffed right out with polish. over all i was happy with thier work cuz aside from the light scratches there was no damage. it was the possibility of damage that had me scared. im just glad its over. this was a dealer in PA.
Old 04-11-18, 06:02 PM
08sgmis350
Advanced

Received 187 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by Juniorrsx

the dealer i was at never had to raise or lift the car. they did it all through the open front hood, with the car sitting on the ground in the bay. so i would think lowered or not shouldnt be an issue. the only issue i had was light scratches on the front fenders from them leaning in the engine bay. the scratches buffed right out with polish. over all i was happy with thier work cuz aside from the light scratches there was no damage. it was the possibility of damage that had me scared. im just glad its over. this was a dealer in PA.
Thank you Thank you for ur reply.

If they work on the car with just hood open, i do not have to worry about it.
I was gonna take off front and side lip off for recall and install it again after but I don't have to do that anymore

Thanks again~

Last edited by 08sgmis350; 04-11-18 at 06:06 PM.
Old 04-12-18, 08:27 AM
waynesreef
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Got the recall done yesterday and it only takes them about 3 hrs to finish. No noticeable driving difference found after the service.
Old 04-12-18, 03:25 PM
FleshDZL
Driver School Candidate

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by FleshDZL
Just thought I'd start and share my experience here and I will update when it's all done.

My 20k mile RCF is in the dealership now for 3 things.

1. The recall for fuel pumps. They are ordering the parts and these will be in tomorrow.
2. Brakes under TSIB: LSB014417. All pads are on order.
3. Software update.
Update;
1. Dealership said the pumps ordered has a bad ring, so they re-ordered them and scheduled the recall fix for today. I just dropped the car back off.
2. They replace all 4 break pads under TSIB but told me I need to replace the rotors too because of uneven wear, so I ask them if the uneven wear was due to those pads, they said "most likely". I then proceed to call Lexus corporate and told them they should pay for my rotors for the hell of it. LOL. To my surprise, they did pay for all 4 brand new rotors and labor too.
3. For me, the software update they said they performed did not fix the "weeeennnn" sound at 2k-3k rpm on cold start. They said they will check again today and let me know.
Old 04-15-18, 03:43 AM
lexusrus
Pole Position

Received 250 Likes on 228 Posts
Default Just Got My Recall Notice in the mail

Just Got My Recall Notice in the mail.

I'll have to take some time out to get this done.

Anyone knows about the Lexus dealerships in Memphis TN, New Orleans LA, Mobile AL, or Gulf Port MS areas?

I travel a lot and these are the areas I got my RCF in and around.

Thanks
Old 04-16-18, 08:56 AM
Ne1tHeRe
Instructor

Received 111 Likes on 107 Posts

Took my RCF in for 20k but forgot to call ahead to order part so only got 20k done, not the recall. Now waiting for new fuel pump to come in...they said may take a week and then will do the recall fix. Make sure you call to order part before you take car in
Old 04-16-18, 10:01 PM
lexusrus
Pole Position

Received 250 Likes on 228 Posts

Thanks. Good to know.

Originally Posted by Ne1tHeRe
Took my RCF in for 20k but forgot to call ahead to order part so only got 20k done, not the recall. Now waiting for new fuel pump to come in...they said may take a week and then will do the recall fix. Make sure you call to order part before you take car in
Old 04-17-18, 06:12 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,484 Likes on 1,788 Posts

Dealership can now get the two HPFPs for the recall. I have an appointment setup for 27th to get the recall work done as well as the 10,000 miles service on it.
Old 04-19-18, 06:05 AM
luislopezt
Driver

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

I went yesterday to my local dealer they checked to make sure my car was one of those affected (and it was) they did not let me take the car home while waiting for the parts, was told it maybe up to 2 weeks for it to get done and gave me a loaner.
Old 04-20-18, 02:38 PM
Kerune
Pole Position

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Went to Lexus of Marin for 20k oil change and TSIB on pads, asked them if recall could be done during the same visit and they said parts should be in by Monday (Fri now).

Gave me a loaner. Surprisingly not many questions asked, I assume they will test my car for brake squeal (guaranteed they'll hear it lol) and hopefully do it without issue, squealing has become consistent and loud.
Old 04-20-18, 08:43 PM
BOBFSPORT
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I would advise against getting the brakes swapped. I did it and the dustless squeakless pads have terrible stopping power, I had them swapped back after a week. Having a fast performance car with poor braking capability is a recipe for disaster.
Old 05-10-18, 08:24 AM
Bluecarbon
Rookie

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Just dropped off the car at Lexus of Cherry Hill for the recall and the throttle hesitation everyone’s talked about. Hopefully it’s 2 birds 1 stone.
Old 05-10-18, 03:09 PM
shadow1118
Intermediate

Received 43 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by BOBFSPORT
I would advise against getting the brakes swapped. I did it and the dustless squeakless pads have terrible stopping power, I had them swapped back after a week. Having a fast performance car with poor braking capability is a recipe for disaster.
are you tracking or just city driving?

Quick Reply: Status on Recalls?