RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

Status on Recalls?

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-18, 05:34 PM
johnnyreb
Racer

Received 60 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by luislopezt
I went yesterday to my local dealer they checked to make sure my car was one of those affected (and it was) they did not let me take the car home while waiting for the parts, was told it maybe up to 2 weeks for it to get done and gave me a loaner.
NO WAY i'd leave my car at a Dealership for 2 weeks! Hope you took a lot of pics of it & wrote down your mileage! WOW! GL
Old 05-11-18, 05:41 PM
johnnyreb
Racer

I had to go to Dallas, TX. last Thursday & dropped mine off at the Dealership in Shreveport La. that morning & had them install a clear Bra (nobody around here would touch it) & also do the Recall & I picked it up on Friday evening. I can't tell any difference, but I got a letter so I decided to go ahead & get it done since it was Free.
Old 05-11-18, 08:35 PM
ZiPPyRCF
Driver

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by johnnyreb
NO WAY i'd leave my car at a Dealership for 2 weeks! Hope you took a lot of pics of it & wrote down your mileage! WOW! GL
I totally agree with johnnyreb. What do you mean they wouldn't let you take the car home? They don't have a say or right to prevent you from taking your car home, regardless of what the issue is with the car. I would never leave my car at the dealership for that long. I already have an issue leaving it overnight. I call BS on that dealership
Old 05-12-18, 07:12 AM
Bluecarbon
Rookie

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Late update. It took the dealer about 4 hours the same day to do the recall and the ecu reflash for the low pressure fuel pump. So far no issues that some have reported and the car runs much better now that the hesitation is gone.
Old 05-12-18, 06:21 PM
luislopezt
Driver

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by ZiPPyRCF
I totally agree with johnnyreb. What do you mean they wouldn't let you take the car home? They don't have a say or right to prevent you from taking your car home, regardless of what the issue is with the car. I would never leave my car at the dealership for that long. I already have an issue leaving it overnight. I call BS on that dealership
I have no problem with my dealer, my car is a 2015 and has just 6K miles, got the car back basically in the same condition I left it. they did an oil change for free (the 4th one I get from them free of charge) also got a new battery, i will not complain at all. they do the same for my wife GX460.

I just have one issue after the recall..... the car seems to be using more fuel than before...
Old 05-12-18, 09:18 PM
StevenLai
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Has anyone had any experience with PriceLeblancLexus in Baton Rouge, LA? I bought my RCF second hand from another dealer two weeks ago. Dropped of the car Monday, haven't heard back in a few days, so I called them to ask what the deal was, and my service advisor said the parts were delayed and he said the parts would come in either Monday or Tuesday. I asked if I could just come pick up the car yesterday and wait until the parts to came in to work on the car, but he said they already took the car apart. I told them to just keep the car and i'll pick it up when they finished the work on the recall. Is it normal for them to take apart the car before they had the parts???? Im just wish they checked to see if they had the parts in before they began work on my car. Should I be worried about keeping the car there for a week? I don't want to pick up the car and find out someone has been taking it for a joyride.
Old 05-13-18, 12:42 AM
lexusrus
Pole Position

Received 250 Likes on 228 Posts

I agree that they should have verified that they indeed have the part before taking apart your RCF. I guess an orthopedic surgeon will not dare to start opening up a hip or knee replacement surgery without verifying that indeed all hardwares are present and good to go. I guess it's not as critical in the case of a car. But still.......

Back in around 2001, we had taken our 2000 LX470 to that same Lexus DEALERSHIP in Baton Rouge for a MAJOR maintenance that included oil change, transmission fluid exchange, suspension hydraulic fluid change, brake fluid flush, differentiate fluid change, and whatever else fluid needed exchanging.......we had put a lot of highway miles on it in the first year. They had kept it for four days. We went to look at it on the second day (the day they promised originally to be ready) and discovered that our LX470 was indeed up on the rack with all it's "guts" scattered around all over the place. BUT OUR LX470 WAS IN THEIR TOYOTA DEALERSHIP NEXT DOOR ACROSS THE PARKING LOT!!!

ALL we're good once we picked it up.

So if you want, you can just go by and look and see.

You can note the mileage and see if there were excessive miles put on it. Unless you have some kind of covert G force sensor/dash cam/gps logging system, you won't know for sure. These types of incidents do happen, but rarely.
​​​​​​

Originally Posted by StevenLai
Has anyone had any experience with PriceLeblancLexus in Baton Rouge, LA? I bought my RCF second hand from another dealer two weeks ago. Dropped of the car Monday, haven't heard back in a few days, so I called them to ask what the deal was, and my service advisor said the parts were delayed and he said the parts would come in either Monday or Tuesday. I asked if I could just come pick up the car yesterday and wait until the parts to came in to work on the car, but he said they already took the car apart. I told them to just keep the car and i'll pick it up when they finished the work on the recall. Is it normal for them to take apart the car before they had the parts???? Im just wish they checked to see if they had the parts in before they began work on my car. Should I be worried about keeping the car there for a week? I don't want to pick up the car and find out someone has been taking it for a joyride.
The following users liked this post:
StevenLai (05-14-18)
Old 05-13-18, 02:23 PM
bob67
Intermediate

Received 63 Likes on 51 Posts

Back in around 2001, we had taken our 2000 LX470 to that same Lexus DEALERSHIP in Baton Rouge for a MAJOR maintenance that included oil change, transmission fluid exchange, suspension hydraulic fluid change, brake fluid flush, differentiate fluid change, and whatever else fluid needed exchanging.......we had put a lot of highway miles on it in the first year. They had kept it for four days. We went to look at it on the second day (the day they promised originally to be ready) and discovered that our LX470 was indeed up on the rack with all it's "guts" scattered around all over the place. BUT OUR LX470 WAS IN THEIR TOYOTA DEALERSHIP NEXT DOOR ACROSS THE PARKING LOT!!!

​​​​​Don't Toyota dealerships charge less per hour than Lexus? You should of received a lessor charge for maintenance!
Old 05-13-18, 04:47 PM
lexusrus
Pole Position

Received 250 Likes on 228 Posts

Back then (2001), LX470's are rare in the middle of America nowhere. Also at the time I think that Lexus dealership was in its infancy and did not have enough trained service technicians. I rather have their "Toyota LC" master tech at his "home base where all his tools are and familiar surroundings" do it than some new tech at its sister Lexus dealership across the parking lot (it's all the same operation back then).

They must have done a "surperb" job bc my LX470 continued on to SoCal (we moved) and we drove it all the way to 280k+ miles (with many more routine maintenance services in SoCal) and traded in for another new 2013 LX570.

Originally Posted by bob67

​​​​​Don't Toyota dealerships charge less per hour than Lexus? You should of received a lessor charge for maintenance!
Old 05-14-18, 06:47 AM
CoolCanuck
Driver School Candidate

I had the recall completed and the ECU reflashed and unfortunately, the lag/hesitation is still there. Very disappointed.
Old 05-14-18, 09:12 AM
Bluecarbon
Rookie

Originally Posted by CoolCanuck
I had the recall completed and the ECU reflashed and unfortunately, the lag/hesitation is still there. Very disappointed.
Did you tell your service advisor that the noise and hesitation is a TSB? It’s what I did to make sure they couldn’t give me the run around and they reflashed the ecu correctly.

Last edited by Bluecarbon; 05-14-18 at 11:20 AM.
Old 05-14-18, 11:50 AM
CoolCanuck
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Bluecarbon

Did you tell your service advisor that the noise and hesitation is a TSB? It’s what I did to make sure they couldn’t give me the run around and they reflashed the ecu correctly.
Yes, absolutely. I had pestered them for about a year and they finally did it after they TSB for the fuel pump did not help the issue. They are basically saying it is normal behavior for the 8 speed transmission. Might be time to sell the car.
Old 05-14-18, 08:26 PM
johnnyreb
Racer

Originally Posted by luislopezt
I have no problem with my dealer, my car is a 2015 and has just 6K miles, got the car back basically in the same condition I left it. they did an oil change for free (the 4th one I get from them free of charge) also got a new battery, i will not complain at all. they do the same for my wife GX460.

I just have one issue after the recall..... the car seems to be using more fuel than before...
Why would you need a battery for a 3 year old car, Hopefully you didn't have to pay for it (I just can't believe they gave you a New battery for FREE). IF you did pay you paid about 3x more than you should have!
Old 05-15-18, 03:06 AM
Bluecarbon
Rookie

Yes, absolutely. I had pestered them for about a year and they finally did it after they TSB for the fuel pump did not help the issue. They are basically saying it is normal behavior for the 8 speed transmission. Might be time to sell the car.
Try going to a different dealer. That sounds real shady. The fact they’re saying it’s normal for the transmission, not the fuel pump, sounds like BS.

Last edited by Bluecarbon; 05-15-18 at 03:19 AM.
Old 06-07-18, 05:17 PM
CAHWY128
Advanced

Received 346 Likes on 228 Posts

If you don't like the car sell it!

Quick Reply: Status on Recalls?