RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

Status on Recalls?

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-18, 05:18 PM
CAHWY128
Advanced

Received 346 Likes on 228 Posts

The recall on mine went very quickly. The dealer did a great job. The car is full of fresh Mobil one and ready for it's next drive.
Old 06-13-18, 10:11 AM
jlpaul65
Driver School Candidate

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Anyone else getting the run-around on the HP Fuel Pump Recall ???
When I contacted my local Lexus dealer service department 6 weeks ago they told me they would order parts and it would take 1-2 weeks to get them in and they would call me. I didnt hear back in 2 weeks so I called them and they said they were on backorder but should be in soon and would let me know. After two more weeks I called service again and they said they checked with parts and they have no idea when the HP Fuel Pumps would be available, they would let me know when they come in. I finally called the parts department directly and they said that HQ was issuing the parts directly by VIN and there was no way of knowing when they would come in. I told him that other dealers were getting the parts for the recall based on what I had read on CL forum and asked for more info. He spoke with the parts manager and said that in cases like this with parts coming directly from HQ it was just a waiting game.
Old 06-13-18, 11:05 AM
bob67
Intermediate

Received 63 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by jlpaul65
Anyone else getting the run-around on the HP Fuel Pump Recall ???
When I contacted my local Lexus dealer service department 6 weeks ago they told me they would order parts and it would take 1-2 weeks to get them in and they would call me. I didnt hear back in 2 weeks so I called them and they said they were on backorder but should be in soon and would let me know. After two more weeks I called service again and they said they checked with parts and they have no idea when the HP Fuel Pumps would be available, they would let me know when they come in. I finally called the parts department directly and they said that HQ was issuing the parts directly by VIN and there was no way of knowing when they would come in. I told him that other dealers were getting the parts for the recall based on what I had read on CL forum and asked for more info. He spoke with the parts manager and said that in cases like this with parts coming directly from HQ it was just a waiting game.
I bought my 2015 used, and dealership ordered the fuel pumps same day. Week later, they called back, so pumps installed within 2 weeks from purchase.
The following users liked this post:
jlpaul65 (06-13-18)
Old 06-13-18, 11:11 AM
647TTA
Rookie

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

I thought it was just me. I started the process over 2 months ago and have called every few weeks for updates. I was told multiple times that the parts had been ordered and they would call when they came in. Last week I received a voice message that they were ordering the parts for my car that day, they should be here by last Friday, and they will call when they come in to schedule. I haven't heard yet that they are in. The RCF is my first new Lexus in several years and this is not the type of experience I have had in the past. It is starting to make me wonder......
Old 06-13-18, 11:49 AM
jlpaul65
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by 647TTA
I thought it was just me. I started the process over 2 months ago and have called every few weeks for updates. I was told multiple times that the parts had been ordered and they would call when they came in. Last week I received a voice message that they were ordering the parts for my car that day, they should be here by last Friday, and they will call when they come in to schedule. I haven't heard yet that they are in. The RCF is my first new Lexus in several years and this is not the type of experience I have had in the past. It is starting to make me wonder......
I am a loyal Toyota fan and this is my first Lexus and am very surprised with the experience, its something I would expect from a US automaker which is why I dont bother purchasing Fords any more and have stuck with Toyota.
I just did a Chat session with Lexus and their response was "We actually do not coordinate the shipping of parts or services to the dealership from the corporate headquarters" & "Our recommendation is to remain in contact with the dealership and their parts department". Big help there. I guess I am going to make a trip to dealer and speak with the Parts and/or Service Manager in person and see what the deal is...
Old 06-13-18, 12:33 PM
Raptor061
Rookie

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

I scheduled my 20k service along with the recall, servco lexus Honolulu Gave me no problems, (there are only about 20 Rcf in Hawaii ) excellent service. It may be a case by case with dealerships or service managers or departments standards. Hope it works out.
Old 06-13-18, 03:03 PM
jlpaul65
Driver School Candidate

After going into dealership today and sitting down with Service Manager, he figured out that the hold up on the HP Fuel Pumps was because even though their parts department ordered the Fuel Pumps for my VIN under the recall, there was an additional form that parts department had to fill out and submit to Lexus before they would ship them. It turns out there was several others like me waiting because the additional form had not been submitted. The service Mgr said they had pumps in stock for someone else that was scheduled for later in month but would assign those to me so recall could be completed.

So for anyone else that has been delayed on getting this done you might want to check and make sure that the dealership parts department submitted the additional form.
Old 06-13-18, 08:57 PM
TRANC3
Rookie

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

I must really live in the lucky country. Bought a used '15 RCF on Friday. Called Lexus of Perth Monday in regards to the FP recall, car booked in Wednesday. Collected Wednesday arvo without issue. They even realigned my boot which was a little proud on the left side. Thumbs up from down under.
Old 06-15-18, 04:45 PM
Ratedg
Rookie

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

Wow alot of negativety on a problem that is being fully addressed, even though there may be delays, still addressed none the less. Every car is going to have some issues, Porsche, Benz, Bmw, blah blah etc.. you line these up to any of those this will be at the top of the list for minimal "problems" especially if you arent getting a Runaround vs. Yes bring it in we'll take care of it.
-Just scheduled mine to drop off tomorrow.
Before going into the car I knew this was the only issue i would have to deal with and im not dissatisfied with the car itself. Maybe the dealer may add a little headache but regardless lexus will handle the issue with the car.
-If they DIDNT own up to the problem aka Porsche and the IMS issues, then yes theres a problem to ***** about lol.
The following users liked this post:
johnnyreb (06-15-18)
Old 06-18-18, 12:08 PM
Ratedg
Rookie

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

Update. I dropped the car off on Saturday in which they usually dont take new appointments for recalls. They said monday - friday. I work 7a-7p on weekdays, they said thats fine and drop it off. I thought theyd have my car for a few days atleast. Service advisor said they should be done about 4pm if everything goes smoothly, which surprised me. I get a text about 3pm says theyll have to wait to monday or so to have it complete. No big deal, gave me a NX200T for the weekend. Went fishing with it lol. So today Monday 6/18. I get a call, "your vehicle is done" i provide them the address to my work place. Gentleman drives it up passes me the keys and i'm done lol. Signed 2 pieces of paper and he was gone.
--Got a Full tank
--RCF delivered at MY convenience
--RCF "issue" handled no problems or run around. (even if there was, they give us a loaner to drive around that will handle tolls etc, didnt feel displaced at all, but when i sat back in the RCF it felt great. But the NX200T seats are amazing lol. you could fall asleep in it.)

--All in all, smooth *** process.
Old 06-19-18, 03:37 AM
647TTA
Rookie

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Ratedg
Wow alot of negativety on a problem that is being fully addressed......
Well I guess it depends on your perspective if you are using a dealership that has had you waiting over 2 months for parts or one that is getting parts in a few days.

An update on mine - After waiting over two months, I spoke with the dealership on Friday and was told my parts had still not arrived. I mentioned to them about this thread and how a couple of us had been waiting a long time while most of the people are getting their parts in a few days. The dealer put me on hold for a few minutes and then came back and told me they found parts that were ordered for another customer but didn't need them because he had his recall performed already - very interesting.
Old 06-19-18, 12:45 PM
jlpaul65
Driver School Candidate

Well I guess it depends on your perspective if you are using a dealership that has had you waiting over 2 months for parts or one that is getting parts in a few days.

An update on mine - After waiting over two months, I spoke with the dealership on Friday and was told my parts had still not arrived. I mentioned to them about this thread and how a couple of us had been waiting a long time while most of the people are getting their parts in a few days. The dealer put me on hold for a few minutes and then came back and told me they found parts that were ordered for another customer but didn't need them because he had his recall performed already - very interesting.

Glad yours is getting taken care of. Mine was done yesterday also with another customers parts that were not going to be used until later in the month.
Old 06-28-18, 08:38 AM
Ne1tHeRe
Instructor

Received 111 Likes on 107 Posts

Sorry been absent for a while...lot going on in my life.

Anyhoo, got the recall taken care of. Had a free loaner for the day and got the new pump installed. No issues that I can tell of. I am at 21k.

NOTE: Just make sure to have the part ordered prior

Last edited by Ne1tHeRe; 06-28-18 at 08:41 AM.
Old 06-29-18, 09:50 AM
Kramer
Instructor

Received 121 Likes on 86 Posts

Got mine done yesterday. It took about a week for them to get the parts in. Scheduled an appointment and they had the work done in about 3 hours or so. Full tank of gas and oil change as well.