RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

Status on Recalls?

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-18, 09:56 AM
dblambo85
Rookie

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Status on Recalls?

Anybody hear any additional info on the recalls?

had a deposit on a CPO but was offered it back due to the uncertainty of when they could sell me the car. II'm trying to hold off cause I really want an RCF and love lexus!! I got car fever so its been in my mind of trying out a CPO BMW M4 for a yr or two haha
Old 03-04-18, 10:20 AM
bob67
Intermediate

Received 63 Likes on 51 Posts

Over 30,000 mile on my RC-F without any problems. Now I hear that they are not selling RC-F's because of this recent recall? Should we all bring our RC-F's back to our dealers to requests loaner cars until this fuel pump issue is resolved?

If a fuel pump goes bad for one of us owners, who's paying for the towing of the car back to the dealer, and other related costs, until this issue is fixed?
Seems Lexus will fix all new RC-F's on their lots first to insure the dollars keep coming in, then get around to putting the official word out to the rest of us later, since they already have our money!
Old 03-04-18, 10:31 AM
dblambo85
Rookie

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by bob67
Over 30,000 mile on my RC-F without any problems. Now I hear that they are not selling RC-F's because of this recent recall? Should we all bring our RC-F's back to our dealers to requests loaner cars until this fuel pump issue is resolved?

If a fuel pump goes bad for one of us owners, who's paying for the towing of the car back to the dealer, and other related costs, until this issue is fixed?
Seems Lexus will fix all new RC-F's on their lots first to insure the dollars keep coming in, then get around to putting the official word out to the rest of us later, since they already have our money!
Yeah it's kinda a screwed up deal if you ask me, but I guess it is what it is :/
Old 03-04-18, 10:02 PM
ZiPPyRCF
Driver

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

I called Lexus Escondido last week, and they told me the letters will go out by April. They currently don't have the parts and pretty much told me I'm a sitting duck, with a f*&%ed fuel pump in my hand. Yay!!
Old 03-05-18, 08:05 AM
LRCSALES
Lead Lap

Received 73 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by ZiPPyRCF
I called Lexus Escondido last week, and they told me the letters will go out by April. They currently don't have the parts and pretty much told me I'm a sitting duck, with a f*&%ed fuel pump in my hand. Yay!!
How is your fuel pump f*!$ed ?
Old 03-05-18, 08:40 AM
IMCHIA
Lead Lap

Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts

I'm at 53K miles, no issues. But i'm just waiting for the new pumps to come in.
Old 03-13-18, 09:58 AM
bob67
Intermediate

Received 63 Likes on 51 Posts

Fuel pumps must be in inventory to resolve the high pressure fuel pump recall. Got a call this morning from my dealership. They stated there is a "campaign" for my Lexus RC-F. I asked does this "campaign" have something to do with the fuel pump recall? Yes, it was stated, this is about the fuel pumps recall, and we can come out to your house right now and and pick up your car..

Well... I did not like the idea of some "mechanic", or whoever, coming over to drive my car. Have visions of it being driven in Sports+ mode all he way, with tires smoking and squealing at every turn. Told them I would take it in about in a hour, and dealership said great, and we will have a loaner car ready for you.

Interesting... This dealership pulled their only 2018 RC-F off the showroom last week, and their only used one does not show up on their computer used car inventory list. Makes you wonder how serious is this fuel pump issue, or how serious does Lexus believe it is?
The following 2 users liked this post by bob67:
IMCHIA (03-13-18), Ne1tHeRe (03-15-18)
Old 03-13-18, 01:13 PM
madmac
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am trading in my three month old RC F for a LC500 and have been told that the LC500 fuel pump will be fixed on the car this weekend......
Old 03-13-18, 03:55 PM
GetKinetic
Lead Lap

Received 111 Likes on 70 Posts

My lexus dealer called me this week to schedule the fuel pump recall repair.
Old 03-14-18, 09:40 PM
RCFormante
Supercharged!

Received 61 Likes on 26 Posts

31K+ miles with 11K+ on the supercharger, no problems here. Recently got on the dyno and pushed a healthy 595 whp and 485 wtq. Probably going to get the recall done sometime at the end of April.
The following users liked this post:
Ne1tHeRe (03-15-18)
Old 03-14-18, 10:05 PM
ToyotaJon
Driver School Candidate

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Good to know a fix is in. Any idea how long it takes? Should I expect a few days without my RCF?
Old 03-14-18, 10:26 PM
ZiPPyRCF
Driver

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by RCF500
31K+ miles with 11K+ on the supercharger, no problems here. Recently got on the dyno and pushed a healthy 595 whp and 485 wtq. Probably going to get the recall done sometime at the end of April.
One of the biggest mistakes I made, was looking at your Instagram and YouTube page. Your RCF is sick!!! Oh man the ideas are starting to flow for me. That thing is mean!!!! Very nice mate!
Old 03-14-18, 10:27 PM
RCFormante
Supercharged!

Originally Posted by ToyotaJon
Good to know a fix is in. Any idea how long it takes? Should I expect a few days without my RCF?
About 30 mins to an hour, Lexus of Orlando has them in stock ready to replace if you guys are near by.
The following users liked this post:
Ne1tHeRe (03-15-18)
Old 03-14-18, 10:29 PM
RCFormante
Supercharged!

Originally Posted by ZiPPyRCF
One of the biggest mistakes I made, was looking at your Instagram and YouTube page. Your RCF is sick!!! Oh man the ideas are starting to flow for me. That thing is mean!!!! Very nice mate!
Lol, thanks bro!
Old 03-15-18, 04:33 AM
Ne1tHeRe
Instructor

Received 111 Likes on 107 Posts

About 30 mins to an hour, Lexus of Orlando has them in stock ready to replace if you guys are near by.
Glad to hear you are enjoying the SC and it is holding up well . I just passed 20k and have to take RCF in for 20k maintenance service so works out perfectly to get the fix done then

Quick Reply: Status on Recalls?