RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

G37 --> 911, RCF, Q60RS, S2kCR

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-18, 08:32 AM
CK9887
Pole Position

Received 57 Likes on 28 Posts

I wasn't aware there were two different choices in leather type. Was the better leather and option and how do you tell the difference between the two?

Originally Posted by 05RollaXRS
Great stuff. You will really like this car. I have had mine just for 4 months with only 8500 miles and it just keeps getting better everyday. Recently started using Octane 94. Looks like engine was really made for high Octane fuel considering the compression ratio. It really wakes up the car especially in the midrange.

Some pointers. If you find one that needs new tires, the stock version of Michelin Pilot SS have non-XL rated soft sidewalls for better daily drivability. The new MPS4S for RCF have XL rated reinforced tirewalls like the older PS2 tires on the ISF, which resist sidewall flex, which are better for spirited driving, but stiffer.

Though, very rare, but if you can find a Carbon/TVD in Molten Pearl, highly recommend in it, but Molten Pearl is only available with black interior. Also, try and find one with the genuine leather and not the "Nulux" faux leather. Mine attracts lots of attention and complements. Triple LED is also a must-have
Old 04-10-18, 08:41 AM
ct6978
Intermediate

Received 171 Likes on 100 Posts

Originally Posted by CK9887
I wasn't aware there were two different choices in leather type. Was the better leather and option and how do you tell the difference between the two?
The base car comes with Lexus' synthetic leather, "Nuluxe", which is slightly lighter and easier to take care of, but feels a bit different. If you get the Premium Package (automatically bundled if you get the Performance/TVD/Carbon package) I believe you also get leather. The leather is slightly thicker feeling and smells like...leather.
Old 04-10-18, 08:53 AM
CK9887
Pole Position

As someone who has driven all 4 vehicles in questions, I'd choose the RCF.

The 911 maintenance will cost more than any of the other cars mentioned. The interior is also a bit dated and won't hold up like the Japanese cars will. Also, the shifter feel in those cars is pretty awful and feels clumsy, I never understood this considering the car has been crowned so many times as "the best sports car in the world".

Q60 is nice, but I just wouldn't consider it on the same level as the RCF. Depreciation will also take a hit quicker than the RCF. I've always preferred a larger displacement NA motor over a smaller displacement force induction motor. This is obviously personal preference though.

The S2000 is just too under powered compared to the others in the bunch. Sure, 9K RPM's is fun but you literally have to keep the revs between 6-9k just to get out into traffic. The suspension is tight and the shifter feel is unmatched. However, the car can be a bit uncomfortable as a daily. Also a terrible sound system and lacks the tech found in new cars. I would buy one as an AutoX car, but not a daily driver.
The following users liked this post:
Ratedg (04-10-18)
Old 04-10-18, 08:54 AM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,475 Likes on 1,780 Posts

Originally Posted by ct6978
The base car comes with Lexus' synthetic leather, "Nuluxe", which is slightly lighter and easier to take care of, but feels a bit different. If you get the Premium Package (automatically bundled if you get the Performance/TVD/Carbon package) I believe you also get leather. The leather is slightly thicker feeling and smells like...leather.
Yes, exactly. The leather is very durable and wears better over the long term. The Nulux tends to wear out and some people experienced tears after extensive usage. The downside is, like you said the leather seats are quite thick so the heated seats don't work as effectively. It takes a long time for them to start heating up and have "modest" heating. But, for me it is not an issue since my car hibernates during the winter.
Old 04-10-18, 08:56 AM
CK9887
Pole Position

Thanks

What other options does the premium package include besides the better leather? It's very rare to find an RCF with the performance pack so I'm trying to distinguish if the car has the premium package based on the other visible options. Was the leather ever a stand alone option?
Old 04-10-18, 09:19 AM
Ratedg
Rookie

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

The hunt is still on... lol Thought abotu the GT350, was gonna test drive. then saw then interior and didnt bother..

-
Old 04-10-18, 10:31 AM
CK9887
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Ratedg
The hunt is still on... lol Thought abotu the GT350, was gonna test drive. then saw then interior and didnt bother..

-

The GT350 interior isn't bad... The Lexus is just that good.
Old 04-10-18, 01:45 PM
ct6978
Intermediate

Thanks

What other options does the premium package include besides the better leather? It's very rare to find an RCF with the performance pack so I'm trying to distinguish if the car has the premium package based on the other visible options. Was the leather ever a stand alone option?
Just played around with the car builder on Lexus.com, and although the leather is listed as a separate option, if you pick it, you're required to get the premium package. But if you just get the premium package, leather isn't required. Not sure if any cars are actually ordered with the premium package, but without leather in reality.

Look for the memory seats or the heated/ventilated seat buttons to find a premium package car. Here's details of the package:
  • HEATED AND VENTILATED FRONT SEATS
  • LEXUS MEMORY SYSTEM
  • ELECTROCHROMIC OUTSIDE MIRRORS
  • BLACK CARBON FIBER INTERIOR TRIM
  • RAIN-SENSING WIPERS
  • ADVANCED BLIND SPOT MONITOR* WITH REAR CROSS-TRAFFIC ALERT
  • INTUITIVE PARKING ASSIST (Available as a standalone)

Last edited by ct6978; 04-10-18 at 01:51 PM.
Old 04-10-18, 03:11 PM
CK9887
Pole Position

Just played around with the car builder on Lexus.com, and although the leather is listed as a separate option, if you pick it, you're required to get the premium package. But if you just get the premium package, leather isn't required. Not sure if any cars are actually ordered with the premium package, but without leather in reality.

Look for the memory seats or the heated/ventilated seat buttons to find a premium package car. Here's details of the package:
  • HEATED AND VENTILATED FRONT SEATS
  • LEXUS MEMORY SYSTEM
  • ELECTROCHROMIC OUTSIDE MIRRORS
  • BLACK CARBON FIBER INTERIOR TRIM
  • RAIN-SENSING WIPERS
  • ADVANCED BLIND SPOT MONITOR* WITH REAR CROSS-TRAFFIC ALERT
  • INTUITIVE PARKING ASSIST (Available as a standalone)

So if it has leather it definitely has premium package but not vice versa... interesting. Are there any visual differences between the leather where you'd be able to tell by browsing them online? or is the only way to tell by feeling it?
Old 04-10-18, 03:22 PM
ct6978
Intermediate

So if it has leather it definitely has premium package but not vice versa... interesting. Are there any visual differences between the leather where you'd be able to tell by browsing them online? or is the only way to tell by feeling it?
The leather has extra stitching on the seat surfaces (back and seat), you can see in the photos below, nuluxe first, leather second. Red or gray only come in leather. I really doubt you'd ever find a premium package car without leather, regardless of the website, I don't think you can order them that way:

The following users liked this post:
Mingofish (04-10-18)
Old 04-10-18, 04:52 PM
LXSDO
Advanced

Received 147 Likes on 103 Posts

You can tell it's leather by the stitching paterrn. I think the leather has more lines of stitch .
Old 04-10-18, 09:37 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,475 Likes on 1,780 Posts

Originally Posted by LXSDO
You can tell it's leather by the stitching paterrn. I think the leather has more lines of stitch .
Never saw the Nulux for RCF until now. Only the IS350 one before, but compared to the leather with the white stitching and suede inserts (especially in real life), that looks bland.
Old 04-11-18, 05:55 AM
CK9887
Pole Position

Originally Posted by 05RollaXRS
Never saw the Nulux for RCF until now. Only the IS350 one before, but compared to the leather with the white stitching and suede inserts (especially in real life), that looks bland.

Yea, it seems every RCF I have looked as has the real leather... Guess that's why I never even knew it was an option.
Old 04-24-18, 11:42 AM
Ratedg
Rookie

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

I've OFFICIALLY Joined the F Gang...
2015 Ultra White on Black, Perf Package, TVD, Mark Levinson. 12,600 Miles...
Old 04-24-18, 11:57 AM
2hvy4grvty
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Ratedg
I've OFFICIALLY Joined the F Gang...
2015 Ultra White on Black, Perf Package, TVD, Mark Levinson. 12,600 Miles...
Sweet man! Sounds like the perfect combo.

What was the wallet damage?

Quick Reply: G37 --> 911, RCF, Q60RS, S2kCR