G37 --> 911, RCF, Q60RS, S2kCR

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-18, 12:01 PM
SoSlow
Pole Position

Received 109 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by Ratedg
I've OFFICIALLY Joined the F Gang...
2015 Ultra White on Black, Perf Package, TVD, Mark Levinson. 12,600 Miles...
Congrats! That didn't take long. Nice setup. Post some pics.
The following users liked this post:
Ratedg (04-24-18)
Old 04-24-18, 12:05 PM
GetKinetic
Lead Lap

Received 111 Likes on 70 Posts

Pics!!!!!!!!!!! ????
Ratedg (04-24-18)
Old 04-24-18, 03:03 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,487 Likes on 1,790 Posts

Congrats. Glad you got the carbon and TVD package. Especially, the TVD is definitely worth the extra penny.
Ratedg (04-24-18)
Old 04-24-18, 04:30 PM
Ratedg
Rookie

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

05RollaXRS (04-24-18)
Old 04-24-18, 05:36 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,487 Likes on 1,790 Posts

Gorgeous car! Great combo. Once you get some proper seat time, do write a review. I also have been waiting to get enough experience with the car to write a fair review. Justrecently took my car out of hibernation and have been driving it a lot now (put it in hibernation shortly after buying it in November)
Ratedg (04-26-18)
Old 04-27-18, 03:56 PM
Ratedg
Rookie

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

Whats going on everyone, just thought id provide a little update so far as of week#2 ownership of the RCF..

2015 Ultra White, 12,500 miles. $46K tag.
-performance package ( Carbon fiber roof / Spoiler / Torque Vectoring Differential)
-Mark Levinson sound
-F.

-Deciding factors of the RCF i ended up going this route other than the 1. Porsche 911 carrera s (997.1/2) , S2000 CR, Infiniti Q60RS, Shelby GT350. --- I felt like the RCF would be the best daily sports car. Lexus reliability, a comfortable back seat, plenty of power and decent aftermarket support. Ended up on the higher end of the budget but I feel it was well worth it.

Factors that ruled out the competitors:
06-09 Porsche 911 Carrera S:
Maintenance if something breaks itll break the bank, also the dated creature comforts especially sound/interior is what scared me away, but the driving experience is bar none out of the group.. Classic look, 6mt, engine response and overall feel.

S2000
-Fun FUN FUN FREAKING blast to drive car.. Best transmission.. and its a street legal go cart... - Main reason to rule out - Downgrade from the G and no back seats.

Q60 Red Sport
-Probably the most competitive out of the bunch, newer car, plenty of power, twin turbo, same price range.Ruled out - "im going to mod this thing like i did the G.... Daily it.. its going to break.. especially all of the horror stories everyone is having with them with turbos etc..." They respond well to upgrades but for how long is the question. Reliability.

GT350
-Didnt bother test driving one once i saw the interior... Old switch board looking and dated. I love the way they look and supposedly perform though.

RCF is the winner!
-Initial Thoughts- Coming from a pretty modded G37 6mt. I really wanted a manual car but I there were not enough options while still stepping up the G whereas a s2k would be a step down other than the rare Club racer editiosn. The exterior of the RCF is aggressive and its a big heavy car, with some big characteristics. The styling breaks necks and i've gotten plenty of thumbs up from drivers. Carbon Fiber. And its JDM V8 power. Its fun being able to blast around slamming the gas pedal, even missing a third pedal.

The First Drive - "This is a BIG car" - you feel the weight, but the engine rolls through the RPM's fairly quick. The Faux noise you get from the tunnel noise setup that lexus provides is pretty enticing for the driver feel. But you dont hear any exhaust whats so ever. Just a llittle rumble and the car is blasted off wherever you smashed the pedal down. Even on regular/normal mode, the car rides as a Sports car should. The Seats are fairly comfortable, they hug you and look amazing. I had to test out the mark levinson sound system to the fullest. I've had alot of compliments on the G's sound system with tech / bose in there with a aux cord. People always ask if i have any aftermarket additions... Imagine that, except 1/2x louder and more crisp with enough bass to match. a MUST HAVE.

2 Week Check in
-The car is TOO DAMN QUIET. I know its a luxury sports car. But i feel like a stock G37 is louder when it shouldnt be. I did a resonator delete and it added a little bit of volume. I had some friends visit and had them in the back seat and surprisingly they fit comfortably. Had more room than the G (headroom). 2 guys about 5'7 /5'8 170/200lb Sat okay in the back seat no problems. I've been enjoying driving the car in sport mode majority of the time. Very Very Daily-able. Im not sure on the MPG as i've been punching it quite a bit just for the sheer joy of seeing the RPM's fly through and the car get a little squirmy on MPSS's. Fit's everyone comfortably. Overall I am very pleased with the car, no buyers remorse settling in. The interior **** pit is a nice kind of semi cluttered but not feeling once you get use to it i assume. I feel like its alot of car for the money, considering reliability and performance at a 45k price point. (you can find some RCF's with Mark levinson and fairly low milage 35-40kish Miles for $40-43k)

Future Plans: Eventually lower it and put my SSR SP3's on.. but first thing will be a Borla Catback.. (BTW, theres a premium on RCF aftermarket parts lol.. i guess its in the "higher end" of sports cars now) so parts will be coming slow for me lol.

I hope this helps for anyone who was looking for an RCF. I will be on here and there. See you guys later! :thewave:
BLexodus (04-30-18)
Old 04-30-18, 01:57 PM
BLexodus
Pole Position

Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts

Thanks for the update and two week review!