RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

Yes, Another Exhaust Thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-18, 01:23 PM
Ne1tHeRe
Instructor

Received 111 Likes on 107 Posts

Ever thought about the ARH long system? You can get them with cats.

https://americanracingheaders.com/collections/lexus
Old 04-15-18, 04:33 PM
Bluecarbon
Rookie

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Ne1tHeRe

I would be interested but without cats and resonators. That won’t be for awhile though.
Old 04-16-18, 04:43 AM
NodOff
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Ne1tHeRe

I've seen the one video on their product page, but has anyone here actually bought one, for first hand experience with the system? Can't seem to find anyone's impressions on it.
Old 04-16-18, 06:00 AM
GunnyFitz
Instructor

Received 213 Likes on 162 Posts

Thanks Gents- I don't think that System will make my list.

Actually, I received a very surprising phone call Friday that made my jaw drop, and may just change the way of doing a Complete System on this car, with a highly reputable brand! Still in state of shock.

To be continued..................(But according to Josh @ Meraki, the Invidia may be just "too quite" for my taste)
The following users liked this post:
Meraki Autoworks (04-16-18)
Old 04-16-18, 03:51 PM
ZiPPyRCF
Driver

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Absolutely no drone on the Armytrix. When you are cruising at about 75mph in 8th gear, you have no drone. It's almost like you don't have exhaust it's so smooth. And that's of course with valves open. I never have my valves closed, ever!!
GunnyFitz (04-17-18)
Old 04-17-18, 03:52 AM
GunnyFitz
Instructor

Default Excellent!!

Originally Posted by ZiPPyRCF
Absolutely no drone on the Armytrix. When you are cruising at about 75mph in 8th gear, you have no drone. It's almost like you don't have exhaust it's so smooth. And that's of course with valves open. I never have my valves closed, ever!!
Finally!!
Someone who owns the Armitryx system I've been wishing upon! Thank you for finding this thread and posting your observations my man! Is there anyway humanly possible you could take a video of YOUR car at start up with valves open, and one w valves closed - of course with a little revs included too? (Yes yes I know this is what we've all been watching in these YouTube vids, but it's almost like I've struck gold by finding someone I "know" who can literally give me first hand advice!

Regardless, I'm going to be sending you a PM w both questions and info on this future evolution I have been offered. Thanks so much for the input - good to know you like Valves open so much too . Lol. Not sure if you've read all my posts here about when I'd potentionally need em closed? 😎
Old 04-17-18, 04:45 AM
ZiPPyRCF
Driver

I spent a lot of time researching exhaust systems, and listening to all the sound clips of various exhaust systems for the RCF. I wanted something that would stand out, and give that exotic exhaust tone the RCF deserves. Let me state, that the Armytrix has done that and beyond!

So just to give you an overview of how the Armytrix system works. I learned early on that the valves always will close upon start up. So you'll get that loud rumble, and the valves will shortly close. This is by design, to not **** off your neighbors. Regardless, even with them starting to close that initial cold startup on a cold evening will open there eyes. You will also get an occasional gun shot back fire on startup. Gosh I love those!!! I'm still trying to catch one on video, but they seem to always happen when I'm not recording.

For me the valves will close upon startup, and I open them up immediately. You can just hear them open back up and hear that amazing V8 rumble through the large noticable exhaust pipes. When my car is parked in the garage, and I go pickup the mail and I walk backup the driveway, I always admire the piping beneath the car. It just stands out in such a way, words can't describe it!

I checked with a few guys here on the forums, you know who you are on here. And they were so helpful answering my questions and concerns. Yes, I did have concerns about the exhaust. First, was maybe the Armytrix was going to be to loud, along with would I have warranty issues or warning lights on my dash. The exhaust is pretty loud in town, especially when you get on it. But believe it or not, after awhile it becomes normal and you kind of want more. This has become especially true on the freeway. I noticed that before my exhaust, downshifts on the freeway at 70mph+ were kind of quiet. You would expect that the V8 at high speed would REALLY rumble, but the RCF is different. Even with the Armytrix exhaust it doesn't crank out even more db of exhaust fury, which is leading me to want headers or a different X pipe. The video that JP released of the RCF with Armytrix exhaust and Novell headers really got me drooling. But I think that might be to much for me, we'll see. By the way, JP's video of the Armytrix was my 'click purchase' moment. He as the final straw for my decision.

Either way you look at it, you won't be disappointed with the Armytrix exhaust. It's worth every friggin penny! Many of the guys here went with different exhausts, and they all sound awesome!! I mean we are all letting the RCF breathe, as it always should have been doing. But for me, the Armytrix had that exotic tone I was looking for. I've said it many times, and I will say it again ...every time I get in my RCF and start it up and roll out, I just smile.

I will throw up some video clips, so you can get an idea. It will be from an iPhone, but at least you can get an idea. I just did a little tunnel run the other day with my phone in my lap. I didn't have enough room to open her up, but it gives you a sneak listen.

Cheers mate,
GunnyFitz (05-21-18)
Old 04-17-18, 04:46 AM
NodOff
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by GunnyFitz
Finally!!
Someone who owns the Armitryx system I've been wishing upon! Thank you for finding this thread and posting your observations my man! Is there anyway humanly possible you could take a video of YOUR car at start up with valves open, and one w valves closed - of course with a little revs included too? (Yes yes I know this is what we've all been watching in these YouTube vids, but it's almost like I've struck gold by finding someone I "know" who can literally give me first hand advice!

Regardless, I'm going to be sending you a PM w both questions and info on this future evolution I have been offered. Thanks so much for the input - good to know you like Valves open so much too . Lol. Not sure if you've read all my posts here about when I'd potentionally need em closed? 😎

There are a good number of high quality videos on youtube of the system on RC Fs showcasing both open and closed.

GunnyFitz (04-17-18)
Old 04-17-18, 04:58 AM
GunnyFitz
Instructor

Cool Add Ons

On every vehicle Ive owned (Including my precious Ducati's) Ive always done something to assist increased airflow to the engine. I'm of an age where I recall when K&N was the cool thing to do with their Open Filter type system which required the occasional Clean and Oil process. Realizing that Im not comparing Apples to Apples (Does anyone truly understand one another by using this phrase?) the system on my Dodge Ram 2500 Cummins has produced more gain by use of a "Closed Box" type CAI rather than the ancient K&N Oiled CAI that was an "Open Box" system.
(BTW-Volant makes a killer "Closed Box" CAI for Diesel Trucks
!) (Off Topic Gunny!)

However, like so many other RCF owners, I'm sure we've looked into a CAI System at some point - Mainly for the "Look Factor" too!

While in search of the Perfect Exhaust I have been also researching how my car get gobble up air on the other end as well and admittedly am drawn to this particular unit. Anyone personally have one of these they can share both info and pics of?

https://www.vividracing.com/afe-powe...151915839.html

See where it states one should Gain +15Hp and +17lbs torque? If you've searched the halls of this great Forum I'm sure you've read that this system actually Loses both Hp and Torque with its use! --But has anyone Personally found this to be true??

Cmon, ya gotta admit......It does look pretty cool??
Old 04-17-18, 05:11 AM
GunnyFitz
Instructor

Talking Roger That

Originally Posted by NodOff
There are a good number of high quality videos on youtube of the system on RC Fs showcasing both open and closed.
Appreciate the input my man!

Matter of fact, that was one of the videos I posted up above where I asked if anyone owning an "Android" Cell Phone is able to use the App for this system. Not seeking to enter the "iPhone vs Android" debate on my thread, but I wont be changing my desired Cell platform just to use an iPhone App.

Do you have an Armitryx in your RCF NodOff?

Last edited by GunnyFitz; 04-17-18 at 05:15 AM.
Old 04-17-18, 06:58 AM
NickZ
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 05RollaXRS
I also want to see as the aftermarket grows, what other options become available. I am very picky about the type of sound I want. I really like the LC500 exhaust sounds. RCF exhaust is too muted in comparison. Lots of loud induction noise, but not much coming from the back at high revs. If I can get something remotely close to the Novel sound without it costing a fortune, I would be all over it.
Love the Novel sound as well, but I heard that the sound is synthesized in their videos. Someone a while back posted an unedited video of their RC F "Touge Drift" and the car didn't sound anywhere close to what's in their videos. I'd hate to spend that kind of cash (not that I ever would) on an exhaust just to find out it doesn't sound like that.
Old 04-17-18, 08:49 AM
GunnyFitz
Instructor

Question

Originally Posted by NickZ
Love the Novel sound as well, but I heard that the sound is synthesized in their videos. Someone a while back posted an unedited video of their RC F "Touge Drift" and the car didn't sound anywhere close to what's in their videos. I'd hate to spend that kind of cash (not that I ever would) on an exhaust just to find out it doesn't sound like that.

Old 04-19-18, 10:31 PM
ZiPPyRCF
Driver

This should do it for you GunnyFitz.

Better than anything I could upload and show for the exhaust tone. Enjoy mate!!!
Old 04-20-18, 04:04 AM
GunnyFitz
Instructor

LMAO- Yeah saw that and it was funny!

Actually freshened me up on my mastery of the German language too (Embassy Duty. Munich)

Just joined the Armitryx Closed Facebook Group and everyone there is awesome too.
Folks ya don't even know telling you everything's gonna be alright, calming, etc. lol.
At first I thought it only worked w iPhones, but did find their App in Playstore for Android. Another fact I learned was that there is NOT just a CAT Back Valvetronic System for the RCF. Its only a Header Back System. Despite what the webpage says, I honestly don't think I'd explain the system as having "Neighbor Mode" or "Beast Mode" when displaying it. A simple "Open or Closed" Valve lesson is sufficient to me.

https://www.armytrix.com/product/lexus-rcf

Oh I'm SOLD on this system for sure. Just trying to make the "numbers" work, From whom, and where install would be done.

Last edited by GunnyFitz; 04-20-18 at 04:15 AM.
Old 04-20-18, 05:24 AM
GunnyFitz
Instructor

Question Question #2

Originally Posted by MisterEun
Hey Gunny, just to answer a few of your questions.

Armytrix is a solid company but noticeably more popular in Europe.

The valved exhaust system is real, widely used and for a while too now (10+ years).
Most exhaust companies use the same parts/manufacturer to control the valve (btw only about $25 when purchased directly).

There is definitely a big difference between open and closed.

You can leave it closed all the time and it would be fine.
It's not closing all ports just rerouting.

I believe it's straight piped so there will probably be drone.
The amount of drone that drives one insane is a case-by-case basis, so that's something you're going to have to experience yourself.

You don't need to tune your ECU for an exhaust unless you're trying to be **** or seriously competitive.

I don't see a reason it wouldn't pass emissions since it's a cat-back.

For the RC-F there are definitive gains from an exhaust.
Mainly due to the fact that the OEM one was so restrictive.
As for CAI, there are many inconsistencies with vendors right now and some customers who dyno-ed before/after have claimed that they lost HP...
Think of it as a cosmetic (both appearance and sound) mod rather than a performance one until you dyno your own car and know for sure.

Best of luck
MisterEun-

Been reading a lot about your experience with these cars, and all the track time you put in too! I def need to soak up info from you my man! With your experience, shouldn't there be something to let more air INTO the other end? Meaning = If going with the Armitryx System - Wouldn't it be advantageous to put at the very minimum a different filter within the Stock Airbox? Or better yet - get a more free flowing Intake System? (Believe I saw both a Takeda and K&N Closed Box that comes with a "Race Filter"-yeah yeah I know-hugely overused terminology!

Curious what the track guys are using for Air Filters / CAI type stuff man?

Originally Posted by ZiPPyRCF;10174019[I
]Absolutely no drone on the Armytrix. When you are cruising at about 75mph in 8th gear, you have no drone. It's almost like you don't have exhaust it's so smooth. And that's of course with valves open. I never have my valves closed, ever![/I]!
Since YOU have this system I have a few questions please:

1) How long did the install of it take (Know where Im going?)

2) Approximately how much did install set you back?

3) Did anyone "suggest" or say anything about changing out the OEM Air Intake or at least Filter itself?

4) You say you never close your Valves. So I assume you never use either the Fob or App to Open & Close them at all? This can be done on th fly too - correct?
(That's even two questions in one!)

Thanks guys. I know these are a lot of questions, lots of curiosity, lots of interest ----but need to ask em ya know?
Much Appreciated Gents!

Gunny Out...............

Ps. Since I took up all this Real Estate with my questions, AND because I just remembered its my own thread - thought Id share a few photos of my former passion with yoos guys. The real reason I've moved into the RCF world. Yes, that is I under the helmet too!
**Pop Quiz: Who can spot the inconsistency & err in these photos?
Attached Thumbnails Yes, Another Exhaust Thread-moto-graphic.jpg   Yes, Another Exhaust Thread-1198s-corse-purchase-day.jpg   Yes, Another Exhaust Thread-13392050_10210167716537240_7802429688919326883_o.jpg   Yes, Another Exhaust Thread-207062_1042491590392_4031_n.jpg   Yes, Another Exhaust Thread-on-suzuki.jpg  

Last edited by GunnyFitz; 04-20-18 at 05:27 AM.

Quick Reply: Yes, Another Exhaust Thread