Old 05-16-18, 09:16 AM
cvt
Racer

Received 545 Likes on 361 Posts

Old 05-16-18, 09:20 AM
cvt
Racer

It's a nice vid but would like to see something like that on a track. I'd like a reviewer to do an ISF non LSD, ISF LSD, RCF non TVD, RCF TVD, GSF, and throw in an LC500 just for giggles. 4 laps each on their own. Same Day. Same driver. We won't really learn anything but it would be spreadsheet-tastic.
Old 05-16-18, 09:48 AM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,469 Likes on 1,774 Posts

Originally Posted by cvt
It's a nice vid but would like to see something like that on a track. I'd like a reviewer to do an ISF non LSD, ISF LSD, RCF non TVD, RCF TVD, GSF, and throw in an LC500 just for giggles. 4 laps each on their own. Same Day. Same driver. We won't really learn anything but it would be spreadsheet-tastic.
TVD RCF vs LSD RCF was done by C&D. The lap time was 0.5 seconds quicker with TVD. TVD RCF did not have carbon fiber, though (meant to offset the added weight of the TVD over LSD and lowering CoG).
Old 05-16-18, 10:46 AM
cvt
Racer

Originally Posted by 05RollaXRS
TVD RCF did not have carbon fiber, though (meant to offset the added weight of the TVD over LSD and lowering CoG).
Whoa. I didn't realize there are TVD RCFs without carbon. I thought that was all included in the performance package. So if I'm looking for a used RCF, how do I know it's got TVD?
Old 05-16-18, 11:06 AM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by cvt
Whoa. I didn't realize there are TVD RCFs without carbon. I thought that was all included in the performance package. So if I'm looking for a used RCF, how do I know it's got TVD?
Yep. Some earlier versions were available without carbon fiber. TVD was made available as a stand alone option when the carbon fiber looming process had issues. The TVD button in the center console tells whether it has TVD or not.

Old 05-16-18, 07:51 PM
Vitveet
Racer

Received 254 Likes on 176 Posts

There are tons of videos of ISF running mid-13s. Track times depend on too many variables such as altitude, temperature, track conditions, driver skills. I posted a stock RCF running a 12.5 seconds, which means it is done and proven. What is your point? Bottom line, when you put the cars head to head with each other, RCF is consistently quicker. Video above shows an exhaust only RCF hanging with a FBO + tune ISF. Time slips don't mean anything when the cars are put head to head with each other. Beyond the 1/4 mile, the tested best numbers are more than 1 seconds apart. That is many car lengths.

You continue to display ignorance of the facts. RCF with S/C has run mid-10s so you saying a S/C'ed RCF runs 12.3 seconds shows your bias and negativity towards the RCF. Simply baffling.

Your bias and negativity has clearly shown. Should I recap?

That is your opinion about a car you already own and I am glad you are happy with the car you own. People who traded in ISF for RCF don't say what you are saying. If you don't have a reason to trade in your ISF, no one is questioning that. I was in the market when both cars were available and had the money for either. I could have saved a ton of cash by buying an ISF, but I did not. RCF is a much more exciting car to drive. Interior, exterior, lower C0G, high-revving engine, suspension, rev range, transmission shifts improvements.

In a 0-60 mph, agreed they are close. However, rolling start or high speed acceleration is a different story. RCF puts many car lengths on the ISF on the highway, from a roll every time. 1 second difference to 124 mph or 150 mphs is a big difference that translates to many car lengths. Plus, track laps on most tracks are seconds apart.

Whatever helps you sleep better at night. If you think the only improvement is just the interior, your bias against the RCF is even worse than I thought especially considering the factual data I put up there already no one can ignore.
🙄. Someone seems angry, lmao! Not that serious honie, calm down! See too many 'new' F owners coming in too strong like yourself!! Enjoy your car...spend some time off the forums a bit, jeez!
Appreciate all your love, dedication, and passion for the F though 👍
And I was going to buy the RCF when it came out, but just didn't offer enough. Was going to buy the GSF.... again, didn't offer enough. Each year ('16, '17, & '18) the RCF didn't improve enough, so I held out. No bias at all, just my preference. Holding out for the LCF if it's ever announced/released. Fingers crossed. From what we know, THAT will be the upgrade I'm looking for (still keeping my ISF though).
Bit just to get you stirred up even more....lmk when you want to bring your F down to the states for some pulls vs my FBO IS-F😜. Cameras will be rolling as well 😎.
As far as the "argument" goes, you win bro.....🤗!!!

V.
Old 05-16-18, 09:04 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Vitveet
��. Someone seems angry, lmao! Not that serious honie, calm down! See too many 'new' F owners coming in too strong like yourself!! Enjoy your car...spend some time off the forums a bit, jeez!
Not angry at all. Just putting the facts out there. If you notice, I don't ever talk about ISF vs RCF because I don't need to. I only needed to respond to what my I believe were factual inaccuracies about the RCF. There is an equivalent thread of this on ISF forums and you will not see me on there regardless of what is being said about the RCF there.

Bit just to get you stirred up even more....lmk when you want to bring your F down to the states for some pulls vs my FBO IS-F��. Cameras will be rolling as well ��.
As far as the "argument" goes, you win bro.....��!!!

V.
Not planning on being in the US at all anytime soon, but thanks anyway. Hypothetically, I would only do a 1st or a 2nd gear roll race from 20 or 40 mph to 130 mph (in Mexico, of course). I have grown out of the whole drag racing phase or more precisely, my wife made me grow out of it especially after our daughter.

My service agent at the Toyota Dealership has a modded full-bolt on silver ISF (2010) complete with a carbon fiber hood. We chat everytime I take my Corolla XRS in for service. If I truly wanted to prove something, I would do some runs against him and he would easily be game for that. I have no interest in doing that.

Last edited by 05RollaXRS; 05-16-18 at 10:14 PM.
Old 05-16-18, 10:18 PM
Vitveet
Racer

Received 254 Likes on 176 Posts

Not angry at all. Just putting the facts out there. If you notice, I don't ever talk about ISF vs RCF because I don't need to. I only needed to respond to what my I believe were factual inaccuracies about the RCF. There is an equivalent thread of this on ISF forums and you will not see me on there regardless of what is being said about the RCF there.

Not planning on being in the US at all anytime soon, but thanks anyway. Hypothetically, I would only do a 1st or a 2nd gear roll race from 20 or 40 mph to 130 mph (in Mexico, of course). I have grown out of the whole drag racing phase or more precisely, my wife made me grow out of it especially after our daughter.

My service agent at the Toyota Dealership has a modded full-bolt on silver ISF (2010) complete with a carbon fiber hood. We chat everytime I take my Corolla XRS in for service. If I truly wanted to prove something, I would do some runs against him and he would easily be game for that. I have no interest in doing that.
That's no fun!!! Take em to the drag strip where it's perfectly legal....or a road course! Plenty of ways to enjoy the car legally! Can't nearly use the F to it's full potential on public roads!

V.

Last edited by Vitveet; 05-17-18 at 05:59 AM.
Old 05-16-18, 10:31 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Vitveet
That's no fun!!! Take em to the drag strip wheew it's oerfeperf legal....or a road course! Plenty of ways to enjoy the car legally! Can't nearly use the F to it's full potential on public roads!

V.
The only race track in my city closed 4 years ago so no road courses. That is what the RCF does well on. There are plenty of solo 2 events. The previous owner of my RCF (Rage2) used to regularly take it to solo 2 events. I have taken my Corolla XRS to solo 2 events several times and took it to the drag strip years ago where it ran a 14.6 second. For now, RCF is a family car that makes every trip very special.

This is my RCF doing hard right hander in a solo 2

Last edited by 05RollaXRS; 05-16-18 at 10:38 PM.
Old 05-20-18, 02:55 PM
GunnyFitz
Instructor

Received 212 Likes on 162 Posts
Default Best Track on East Coast

Just read thru this a second time brother. Good data!
Any of you guys ever track your cars at VIR? Spent about 5 yrs Club Racing my Ducatis there, and there is no doubt in my Military Mind it's the best, well maintained track out east! Matter of fact, was there 3 weeks ago for MotoAmerica and stayed in their suites above the pristine garages. Fond memories going into turn 1 dragging a knee all the way thru - great passing zone!

With all your F Posts Rolla, I think my wife wants to return this RX350 Lease for the GSF in 2020. One can only imagine what they'll have out then! We kept the GS for 11 yrs before selling it for this RX. At least my RCF is bought, and will be here forever!

Hope ya dont mind me sharing some pics bro?
Old 05-20-18, 08:01 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Nice pictures. Regarding Laguna Seca, I live too far away in Calgary, Alberta so most likely I would not take the car to Laguna Seca anytime in the near future. There used to be a track in my city that shutdown 4 - 5 years ago. Now there is only auto crossing events setup in parking lots etc.

Originally Posted by GunnyFitz
Just read thru this a second time brother. Good data!
Any of you guys ever track your cars at VIR? Spent about 5 yrs Club Racing my Ducatis there, and there is no doubt in my Military Mind it's the best, well maintained track out east! Matter of fact, was there 3 weeks ago for MotoAmerica and stayed in their suites above the pristine garages. Fond memories going into turn 1 dragging a knee all the way thru - great passing zone!

With all your F Posts Rolla, I think my wife wants to return this RX350 Lease for the GSF in 2020. One can only imagine what they'll have out then! We kept the GS for 11 yrs before selling it for this RX. At least my RCF is bought, and will be here forever!

Hope ya dont mind me sharing some pics bro?