RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

RC F Exterior Colors - Your Perspective

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-18, 05:46 PM
Slapshot1
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RC F Exterior Colors - Your Perspective

I'm considering the purchase of a 2016/2017 RC F. I initially had my heart set on the stunning Ultrasonic Blue Mica color. However, there do not seem to be a lot of the cars, percentage wise that came in blue. Yesterday at the only dealership in my state that has any RC F's available, there were two black cars (of no interest to me), and one in the Liquid Platinum color, which I was expecting nothing from, in terms of appearance, but looked amazing when I walked up to it and checked it out. There are many white cars being offered. I don't mind white, but certain cars look great in white, and others do not. Do the lines of the RC F get lost when it is painted white? Also, is the Nebula Gray Pearl equally silver and gray in appearance, and if I found the Liquid Platinum attractive, is it also likely to appeal to me?

I realize that everyone's tastes may vary, but any perspectives from those of you who own, or have seen these three colors would be appreciated. You simply can't judge from small, online pictures.

John
Old 04-28-18, 06:58 PM
SoSlow
Pole Position

Received 109 Likes on 72 Posts

Similar feelings to you. I'm looking for Blue with Gray interior. Don't care for black. I have a white car now and really like it, but seems like the majority of RC F are white, so it's kinda off my list. Not a fan of silver, but the gray looks good to me. I think the Gray with Red interior would be my second choice. Orange looks amazing, but a bit over the top and I think I would regret it later. Orange and black would be my third choice. I didn't think I would like the red, but saw it today and it is amazing in person. I posted a picture in another thread, it doesn't even come close to showing how impressive the color it. It's the only one I've seen in person. I was at the dealer today and they didn't have any cars in blue.
Old 04-29-18, 07:26 AM
CAHWY128
Advanced

Received 345 Likes on 227 Posts

I have only seen 2 RCF's in person. One was a brand new one In gray with red interior and I think it was beautiful. It was on the dealers show room. I wish I had bought it. Mine is black. I swore after my wifes black Jeep I would never own another black car. Went to look at the one I own and thought the car looked real good in Black with red leather. So I broke my own rule and bought it. The car definitely gets lots of looks.

White or gray are always my first choices and my last 4 cars have been white with a gray 4runner in there also.

Last edited by CAHWY128; 04-29-18 at 09:17 AM.
Old 04-29-18, 08:33 AM
bob67
Intermediate

Received 63 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by Slapshot1
I'm considering the purchase of a 2016/2017 RC F. I initially had my heart set on the stunning Ultrasonic Blue Mica color. However, there do not seem to be a lot of the cars, percentage wise that came in blue. Yesterday at the only dealership in my state that has any RC F's available, there were two black cars (of no interest to me), and one in the Liquid Platinum color, which I was expecting nothing from, in terms of appearance, but looked amazing when I walked up to it and checked it out. There are many white cars being offered. I don't mind white, but certain cars look great in white, and others do not. Do the lines of the RC F get lost when it is painted white? Also, is the Nebula Gray Pearl equally silver and gray in appearance, and if I found the Liquid Platinum attractive, is it also likely to appeal to me?

I realize that everyone's tastes may vary, but any perspectives from those of you who own, or have seen these three colors would be appreciated. You simply can't judge from small, online pictures.

John
I have a Liquid Platinum RC-F. Was not the color I really wanted, but when searching for available cars with the accessories I wanted, there were none around, and knowing there are not many RC-F's out there to begin with to maybe wait for, I went for it!. Has all the options I wanted, and really like the red/black interior! What I did was inform the dealer that it was not the one I really wanted, so no sale. Sales person called back with a much better offer, so I had to take the deal!.

Yea, I like that Ultrasonic Blue color also, but to get one, I would sacrifice waiting for one to come along, or, spend more money than the deal I got, or get one without all the accessories I wanted.

If you have a good deal on the Liquid Platinum, and it has the packages you want with it, I say go for it! With the limited number of RC-F's out there, It's very hard, if not impossible to get the very exact one you really lie to have!.

Started to like the Liquid Platinum more as the days of ownership went on. Really glad I did not buy that Ultrasonic Blue RC-350-F I was first looking at, (it did look nice), and got a Liquid Platinum RC-F for a little extra pocket change!
Old 04-29-18, 09:13 AM
yardie876
Lexus Champion

Received 87 Likes on 73 Posts

LP has excellent depth that has to be appreciated in person. My preferences are LP, USB, then Infrared. Molten Pearl is killer in the sunlight too, but is a very ambitious color, and I'm not sure if I'm ready to own an orange car lol.
Old 04-29-18, 09:25 AM
e2dag
Rookie

Received 31 Likes on 20 Posts

I have an ultra white and to be honest, it's the only color I considered. I really liked the Blue Mica and Infrared in person but I couldn't see myself loving it long term. I owned a Magnetic gray Tundra and a gray ES350 at one point but also got bored so that's why I didn't choose a Atomic Silver or the Gray Pearl. This is just my opinion but I think the white gives it a sleeker appearance.
Old 04-29-18, 10:15 AM
Ctrl-F
Pole Position

Received 33 Likes on 29 Posts

I have an Ultra White also. I had never owned a white-colored car before and didn't want Ultra White but it was the only color left for the two remaining RC Fs that were available at my dealership. I originally wanted Liquid Platinum. Now that I have the white, I love it. The color pops and the lines/curves on the car are emphasized well. My last car was Silver Lining Metallic. I think the silver color makes it appear more of a "sleeper." Though the RC F looks great in any color, I think it looks best in bold colors.
Old 04-29-18, 10:32 AM
98GS430
Pole Position

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Liquid platinum looks incredible. Especially at night.
Attached Thumbnails RC F Exterior Colors - Your Perspective-photo517.jpg  
The following users liked this post:
SoSlow (04-29-18)
Old 04-29-18, 11:02 AM
Slapshot1
Driver School Candidate

Thanks to everyone for their comments on Liquid Platinum, and white, very helpful. Can anyone speak to the Nebula Gray Pearl? If it is more metallic looking than gray, as it seems on the photos, that would help to know, as there is the possibility I may have to place a deposit and fly to buy a car sight unseen. Thanks.

John
Old 04-29-18, 01:33 PM
Uda880
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Here I go again, I feel like you should have just bought my car John

NGP is a really interesting color, as it's understated and muted in the shadows, but can look like a wide variety of different shades of Gray to a almost Silver under the sun and depending on the angle. It was honestly one of the most complex implementations of Gray I've ever seen. Here are a few examples in various light situations and angles, completely unedited.

PS: You can also see it in CYKBC's thread (it's literally the same car).

Thanks to everyone for their comments on Liquid Platinum, and white, very helpful. Can anyone speak to the Nebula Gray Pearl? If it is more metallic looking than gray, as it seems on the photos, that would help to know, as there is the possibility I may have to place a deposit and fly to buy a car sight unseen. Thanks.

John

Last edited by Uda880; 04-29-18 at 01:39 PM.
Old 04-29-18, 01:40 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,469 Likes on 1,774 Posts

Back in 2016 (around Christmas time), there was a Nebula grey RCF (red interior, all except carbon pkg, 10 split spoke wheels) came up for sale at the local dealership. I went and looked at least 3 times. It actually does not look metallic in real life. More like a pearl shade. It does seem to have a shade of brown under certain light conditions. It is one my favorite colors for the RCF and was one of the short list of colors I was willing to purchase with the right combo.

Having said that, this car is designed so well that it pulls off Molten Pearl extremely well when majority of cars would look comical with this color.

John
Old 04-29-18, 03:44 PM
GunnyFitz
Instructor

Received 212 Likes on 162 Posts
Default Usb

Wont have to type much. Pictures speak for my color of choice....

First shots of new 20s from PK Auto Design!
PK Auto Design (04-30-18)
Old 04-29-18, 04:00 PM
2hvy4grvty
Driver School Candidate

Looks great. Got any pics without filters for us?

Originally Posted by 05RollaXRS
Back in 2016 (around Christmas time), there was a Nebula grey RCF (red interior, all except carbon pkg, 10 split spoke wheels) came up for sale at the local dealership. I went and looked at least 3 times. It actually does not look metallic in real life. More like a pearl shade. It does seem to have a shade of brown under certain light conditions. It is one my favorite colors for the RCF and was one of the short list of colors I was willing to purchase with the right combo.

Having said that, this car is designed so well that it pulls off Molten Pearl extremely well when majority of cars would look comical with this color.

Old 04-29-18, 05:54 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,469 Likes on 1,774 Posts

Originally Posted by 2hvy4grvty
Looks great. Got any pics without filters for us?

Sure. Pictures do not capture the pearl/flakes in the paint, but they are very apparent in real life.

Old 04-29-18, 06:37 PM
LXSDO
Advanced

Received 147 Likes on 103 Posts

The car looks good in most shades. Silver seems rare but in terms of color not as unique as the others. White and silver don't have any depth to it Ngp makes the car very muscular and shows the lines well. Gray and red is a killer combo.

Personally, I'm tired of the sea of white, gray, black on the road. Rush hour traffic, that's all you see. I feel a sports car should be loud and color adds some playfulness. Although I'm partial, I have Infrared and the color is 🔥. After wash and wax the paint looks 2ft deep. But only in sunny days. If you live in area with a lot of overcast and gray days you get a burgundy looking color. And so you end up driving a car that color most of the time. I live in southern California and so it's sunny 364 days a year. Photos don't capture it well.

Infrared
BossMoss (04-30-18)

Quick Reply: RC F Exterior Colors - Your Perspective