RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

Forrest's Auto: Was everyone wrong about the RCF?

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-18, 07:43 AM
GunnyFitz
Instructor

Received 213 Likes on 162 Posts
Thumbs up Indeed

Originally Posted by DaveGS4
Folks, let's not turn this thread into another IS-F vs RC-F thread. This sub-forum is for RC-F owners and enthusiasts; let's keep it on the topic of the video.
As one who's only had his RCF 32 Days, I have personally obtained a great deal of knowledge from Rolla, and when Threads begin to "Cross-Thread" with other Models (Hell, even other Brands of cars) I tend to sway away from them-even Unsubscribe. IMHO- I could truly care less what an ISF, Porsche, BMW, etc can do, even against the RCF too! I'd much rather remain "In My Lane" with the RCF. All Pun Included as well.

Thank you DaveG5 !
The following users liked this post:
05RollaXRS (05-08-18)
Old 05-08-18, 10:47 AM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,480 Likes on 1,785 Posts

GunnyFitz,

For me personally, the "weakness" perceived by many of RCF getting a high-revving, free-spinning engine rather than a turbo engine, as its main strength. While the competition has gone turbo, Lexus choosing re-engineer the engine to become a high-revving engine with lightened internals, is what really got me interested in this car. That is why it was between a E90 M3 sedan and RCF rather than a F80 M3. I decided to forgo two doors and additional $16k to get the RCF.

While some might call RC "not competitive", RCF did manage to beat BMW M4 in quite a few comparisons. Beating an M car was unprecedented, yet it does not fit the narrative. One of highlights is this one:

1st – Lexus RC F

Think of the RCF as the place where a Nissan GT-R and a last-gen BMW M3 crossover and you’re somewhere close; the crazy Gundam-robot-like Japanese design, the barking V8, the frisky but perfectly balanced chassis, all of it feeds into a package that feels unique yet somehow déjà vu.

Baffled? Don’t be, the maths are compelling: Nissan GT-R styling and tech + previous-gen V8 M3 bombast and exuberance = winner.

https://www.carmagazine.co.uk/car-re...m4-car-review/

Last edited by 05RollaXRS; 05-08-18 at 11:10 AM.
The following users liked this post:
GunnyFitz (05-08-18)
Old 05-08-18, 03:38 PM
cvt
Racer

Received 546 Likes on 362 Posts

Am I the only IS-F owner that wouldn't mind a more refined car with better tech? I get it, the IS-F is more raw, it's fun with it's quirks and plastic-y interior. It was Yaguchi-san's first baby and was made with passion and love. Even with the squeeking and creaking of a 10 year old car I still love mine. But I wouldn't mind an update. In my mind, as an IS-F owner, I don't see why you wouldn't like an RC-F unless you're driven by milliseconds on a magazine or you spend 90% of the time at the track. I see an RC-F on the road (which is as rare as seeing an IS-F) in Westlake and it turns heads. In obsidian it looks nice and evil. I guess what I'm saying is that a car shouldn't be loved because of where it falls in a magazine standing or where you think it should be in comparison to the previous gen. I think it should be loved for just what it is. If you strip away all the BS...the RC-F is a solid car.
Old 05-08-18, 03:45 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,480 Likes on 1,785 Posts

Definitely, not the only one. Several ISF owners on this forum who now own RCFs.

You can see this review from an ISF owner's perspective

Originally Posted by cvt
Am I the only IS-F owner that wouldn't mind a more refined car with better tech? I get it, the IS-F is more raw, it's fun with it's quirks and plastic-y interior. It was Yaguchi-san's first baby and was made with passion and love. Even with the squeeking and creaking of a 10 year old car I still love mine. But I wouldn't mind an update. In my mind, as an IS-F owner, I don't see why you wouldn't like an RC-F unless you're driven by milliseconds on a magazine or you spend 90% of the time at the track. I see an RC-F on the road (which is as rare as seeing an IS-F) in Westlake and it turns heads. In obsidian it looks nice and evil. I guess what I'm saying is that a car shouldn't be loved because of where it falls in a magazine standing or where you think it should be in comparison to the previous gen. I think it should be loved for just what it is. If you strip away all the BS...the RC-F is a solid car.