RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

Dealer Rejected $51,000 OTD offer for 15' CPO RCF

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-18, 04:43 PM
MHB1535
Rookie

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by johnnyreb
Was you NOT in the market, anymore info would be helpful about the car, ML, TVD, Color?
black on red. Had ML, no TVD. I already have mine lol.
Old 06-07-18, 05:09 PM
lexusrus
Pole Position

Received 250 Likes on 228 Posts

That's right!!

A car is only worth as much as another person is willing to pay!!!

Listen to what Gunny said, Everybody has their OWN story, some you can believe some Not Sooooo Much! I have a 2015' Blue Mica that just turned 5k miles that's NEVER seen rain or ANY track & I wouldn't sell it for less than 55k, it Has the Premium Pkg. but I don't have ML (but I don't have it for sell) but then again EVERYTHING is for sell, right!
Old 06-07-18, 06:35 PM
FrankJ
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Listen to what Gunny said, Everybody has their OWN story, some you can believe some Not Sooooo Much! I have a 2015' Blue Mica that just turned 5k miles that's NEVER seen rain or ANY track & I wouldn't sell it for less than 55k, it Has the Premium Pkg. but I don't have ML (but I don't have it for sell) but then again EVERYTHING is for sell, right!
55K, but that's not what it's worth lol. KBB anyway...
Old 06-07-18, 11:46 PM
BippuLexus
Lexus Test Driver

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Like others have mentioned, don't budge and keep your price. Dealers are a bunch crooks. What you are offering is more than fair - its likely the will already profit a pretty penny from your 51K OTD offer. They just want more cash.
Old 06-08-18, 08:12 AM
BLexodus
Pole Position

Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by BippuLexus
Like others have mentioned, don't budge and keep your price. Dealers are a bunch crooks. What you are offering is more than fair - its likely the will already profit a pretty penny from your 51K OTD offer. They just want more cash.
Agree. Give it 30 days and they will likely have it listed for less than your offer. Dealers
Old 06-08-18, 01:46 PM
nysupraman
Racer

Received 23 Likes on 15 Posts

Mine only has 5k miles on it on lease, and I barely drive her. You could buy it at a steal compared to this car at the current buyout, I wouldn't charge you a penny more. PMed you!
Old 06-08-18, 10:45 PM
lexusrus
Pole Position

Last day of Q1=March 31???? Maybe, maybe not.

I think THE BEST TIME TO MAKE THE BEST DEAL IS December 31 (THAT LAST WEEK OF THE YEAR).

THE SECOND best time is September Labor day weekend OR September 31.

Also try to find out if there is a contests fir prizes of sorts for the salesmen/saleswomen . If so, then try to find out who are the top two sales people.......these two will now compete to win the most number of cars sold, most dollar amount, most trades, and etc. Usually these top sales people has a better connection with the GM to make the deal happen for you.

Originally Posted by shadow1118
IDK if I read this here, but best day of the year to buy a car is the last day of Q1 for Lexus's financial year, Idk which date that is but last day of Q1
Old 06-08-18, 11:09 PM
BippuLexus
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by lexusrus
Last day of Q1=March 31???? Maybe, maybe not.

I think THE BEST TIME TO MAKE THE BEST DEAL IS December 31 (THAT LAST WEEK OF THE YEAR).

THE SECOND best time is September Labor day weekend OR September 31.

Also try to find out if there is a contests fir prizes of sorts for the salesmen/saleswomen . If so, then try to find out who are the top two sales people.......these two will now compete to win the most number of cars sold, most dollar amount, most trades, and etc. Usually these top sales people has a better connection with the GM to make the deal happen for you.
Agreed. The best time to buy is September and December. But March is also a good time buy too.

For Lexus specifically - the best time to buy is during their Golden Opportunity and December to Remember.
Old 06-09-18, 09:05 AM
lexusrus
Pole Position

So true. One thing though is the inventory. One may not see the colors/options desired due to what's left.

Agreed. The best time to buy is September and December. But March is also a good time buy too.

For Lexus specifically - the best time to buy is during their Golden Opportunity and December to Remember.
Old 06-10-18, 12:09 AM
BippuLexus
Lexus Test Driver

So true. One thing though is the inventory. One may not see the colors/options desired due to what's left.
Oh yeah. Inventory might be an issue but I only see that as a major issue for just out-going model sales. IE: Buying a MY16 when MY17 are coming in. This is where inventory gets low because majority of the colors that are left are usually bad colors and good colors will be sold early.

However - for the sales events, I don't think there will be any major issue with color and options. Popular cars, such as the Lexus ES (if you check sales numbers), will see just an increase sales of a 1-2K units during the sale months. It sounds like a lot and it might cause some to worry about inventory, but highly popular cars, such as the ES, will have tons of inventory to begin with. These extra 1-2K units per those months are numbers for throughout the country as well.
But - for sales events - you just have to shop multiple dealers (which you should anyways in order to get a good price).
Old 06-10-18, 12:34 AM
lexusrus
Pole Position

Yes, you have a good point on the ES. Maybe also true on the RX350 (no true on the RX450h). Definitely not true on low production models like the RCF, LX570, and the LC500.

Oh yeah. Inventory might be an issue but I only see that as a major issue for just out-going model sales. IE: Buying a MY16 when MY17 are coming in. This is where inventory gets low because majority of the colors that are left are usually bad colors and good colors will be sold early.

However - for the sales events, I don't think there will be any major issue with color and options. Popular cars, such as the Lexus ES (if you check sales numbers), will see just an increase sales of a 1-2K units during the sale months. It sounds like a lot and it might cause some to worry about inventory, but highly popular cars, such as the ES, will have tons of inventory to begin with. These extra 1-2K units per those months are numbers for throughout the country as well.
But - for sales events - you just have to shop multiple dealers (which you should anyways in order to get a good price).
Old 06-10-18, 12:38 AM
BippuLexus
Lexus Test Driver

Yes, you have a good point on the ES. Maybe also true on the RX350 (no true on the RX450h). Definitely not true on low production models like the RCF, LX570, and the LC500.
Agreed. Low production models are 100% different story. A BMW M2 is on low stock all the time. Even now, with no sales going on, you might still have to place an order for one.

So - for low production models - you pretty much have to buy what you see.
Old 06-11-18, 05:34 PM
moltenrcf
Driver School Candidate

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I think that price is more than fair. I got a 2016 in April with 3400 miles and pretty much fully loaded without TVD for about $52K OTD.
Old 06-11-18, 10:03 PM
johnnyreb
Racer

Received 60 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by moltenrcf
I think that price is more than fair. I got a 2016 in April with 3400 miles and pretty much fully loaded without TVD for about $52K OTD.
By Pretty Much Loaded if it doesn't have the TVD, does it have the ML stereo & the Premium Pkg., makes a Lil' difference!
Old 06-11-18, 11:26 PM
moltenrcf
Driver School Candidate

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

By Pretty Much Loaded if it doesn't have the TVD, does it have the ML stereo & the Premium Pkg., makes a Lil' difference!
Yes and yes! Heated steering wheel, rain sensing wipers, 20-spoke wheels, sunroof, illuminated door sills, 3M paint protection film, rear bumper applique, door edge guards, all weather mats, trunk mat, cargo net... the previous owner went all out lol.

Quick Reply: Dealer Rejected $51,000 OTD offer for 15' CPO RCF