RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

Installed the Password JDM carbon engine cover kit + enclosed intake!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-18, 02:41 PM
mjn88
Lead Lap

Received 145 Likes on 96 Posts

This intake is very different from an "intake tube" though. Mine has the RR racing intake tube, plus the password intake which actually has an enclosed system. This one has two access points of cold air, one from underneath the front bumper inlet, and the snorkel. Only a dyno will be the true factor in this matter but I can say with confidence that I notice an increase in power. I don't know why everyone is so quick to shut it down without gathering more info first. This is the only intake by password ever made, and Its different from the takeda intake since the takeda it uses half of the stock box with the flipping door. The password intake replaces the whole system. Why can't we all just be happy that there is something new on the market for our car that can possibly make good gains, so why shut it down like it's already a failure? I failed to do a dyno before I got the intake but I am currently running this intake alone, so there should be some data on a stock RCF dyno somewhere. Even if i'm wrong about the big gains...this intake looks cool as hell...so I don't really care. Either way, it's a win for me! Carbon goodness will never upset me!

Last edited by mjn88; 06-19-18 at 02:45 PM.
Old 06-19-18, 03:49 PM
JT2MA71

Received 1,559 Likes on 679 Posts

Originally Posted by mjn88
This intake is very different from an "intake tube" though. Mine has the RR racing intake tube, plus the password intake which actually has an enclosed system. This one has two access points of cold air, one from underneath the front bumper inlet, and the snorkel. Only a dyno will be the true factor in this matter but I can say with confidence that I notice an increase in power. I don't know why everyone is so quick to shut it down without gathering more info first. This is the only intake by password ever made, and Its different from the takeda intake since the takeda it uses half of the stock box with the flipping door. The password intake replaces the whole system. Why can't we all just be happy that there is something new on the market for our car that can possibly make good gains, so why shut it down like it's already a failure? I failed to do a dyno before I got the intake but I am currently running this intake alone, so there should be some data on a stock RCF dyno somewhere. Even if i'm wrong about the big gains...this intake looks cool as hell...so I don't really care. Either way, it's a win for me! Carbon goodness will never upset me!
Can the intake be purchased separately? It’s not listed on their website. I’m not interested in the other engine bay pieces, at least not right now.

thanks!
Old 06-19-18, 04:21 PM
GunnyFitz
Instructor

Received 213 Likes on 162 Posts
Default Wth ??

WHOA!

You just totally took my words out of context or personal. Neither one was intended to slam, flame, or upset you man. Trust me, no one is more happy for you, envious or interested in what you have. I knew nothing about all these other features on this thing. If it's not something I, or anyone else can obtain, then good on you man. Guess the rest of us will have to settle for whatever we can. And yes, I am happy for you!
Old 06-19-18, 08:42 PM
mjn88
Lead Lap

I would call password JDM. They’re located out in Long Beach. They sell the intake separately I believe. The other guy on this thread got one! If you’re gonna buy anything lmk first so I can give you the promo deal!
The following users liked this post:
JT2MA71 (06-20-18)
Old 06-19-18, 09:51 PM
Kramer
Instructor

Received 121 Likes on 86 Posts

I would call password JDM. They’re located out in Long Beach. They sell the intake separately I believe. The other guy on this thread got one! If you’re gonna buy anything lmk first so I can give you the promo deal!
Yes, intake can be ordered separately. I ordered mine a Monday, it’s on its way to me. Correct, they do not have it listed individually on their site. They are in the process of listing pieces separately. Im stoked as hell that finally we have a new option that looks AMAZING, IN CARBON FIBER and from a very reputable company.
Old 06-19-18, 10:16 PM
LXSDO
Advanced

Received 147 Likes on 103 Posts

Please post pick of the sills. Can you dm me the price and hook up?!
Old 06-19-18, 10:18 PM
johnnyreb
Racer

Received 59 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by Kramer

Yes, intake can be ordered separately. I ordered mine a Monday, it’s on its way to me. Correct, they do not have it listed individually on their site. They are in the process of listing pieces separately. Im stoked as hell that finally we have a new option that looks AMAZING, IN CARBON FIBER and from a very reputable company.
So how much do they cost & I can almost promise you they DON'T add ANY extra HP, Especially an extra 10hp! Still waiting for that Dyno!
Old 06-19-18, 10:29 PM
mjn88
Lead Lap

The door sills retail for $350-$400 and intake was $900-980 I believe. I got a once in a lifetime hook up deal. Sorry that won’t be offered again. DM me if you’re interested in the promo discount. I don’t want anyone to pay full price for anything lol! Why does everyone have so much hate!?!? How does everyone know so much about an intake that they know nothing about!? Must be psychic or something! Just be happy there’s a new intake!!! Spread love!

Last edited by mjn88; 06-19-18 at 10:53 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by mjn88:
1BAD4DR (07-09-18), Mingofish (06-20-18)
Old 06-19-18, 11:12 PM
Meraki Autoworks
Your #1 Lexus Vendor

Received 691 Likes on 608 Posts

You guys can get the Password JDM products through us. :P

-Josh

Your #1 Dealer for Aftermarket Performance Products
Orange County, CA
Email: info@merakiautoworks.com
Text/Call: 213 394 2886
mjn88 (06-19-18)
Old 06-20-18, 07:39 AM
GOT8SPD
Driver

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Meraki Autoworks
You guys can get the Password JDM products through us. :P

-Josh
How much is the intake? Does it come with all parts? Noticed someone said they used rrracing tube..
Old 06-20-18, 10:51 AM
Kramer
Instructor

Originally Posted by GOT8SPD
How much is the intake? Does it come with all parts? Noticed someone said they used rrracing tube..
Yes, intake is complete, comes with filter, upper snorkel and airbox bottom and top and associated hardware, minus that RR-racing elbow. That is separate, obviously and from another company. The intake is $980 retail, but they did have a promo of 20% off which made it around $780 shipped.
Old 06-20-18, 11:13 AM
GunnyFitz
Instructor

Received 213 Likes on 162 Posts
Default Best Wishes

Well, tried to make it clear I wasnt slamming this intake, or ENTIRE Carbon setup whatsoever. I even sent a PM (assuming DM is the same thing, but never seen that one) but never the less it fell on deaf ears. Whatever.

Best wishes to you guys with this gear!

Gunny Out.....
JT2MA71 (06-20-18)
Old 06-27-18, 12:37 PM
Kramer
Instructor

Received my PasswordJDM intake!! Will be installing later this evening, will keep you posted. In the meantime, here are some unboxed photos!!!

Old 06-27-18, 03:29 PM
mjn88
Lead Lap

Congrats bro!!!!!!!! You will love it!
Kramer (06-27-18)
Old 06-27-18, 05:25 PM
JT2MA71

Received 1,559 Likes on 679 Posts

I gotta have one! That looks awesome!
so wait, does this get rid of the flap operated system?

Quick Reply: Installed the Password JDM carbon engine cover kit + enclosed intake!!!