RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

Installed the Password JDM carbon engine cover kit + enclosed intake!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-18, 06:00 PM
mjn88
Lead Lap

Received 145 Likes on 96 Posts
Default Installed the Password JDM carbon engine cover kit + enclosed intake!!!

So I got around to installing the password JDM engine cover kit and intake! The intake is super loud and I think i feel the power increase but I will have to wait till i dyno the F! Here are some pics! Will update with the carbon door sills when I install them later!

Old 06-17-18, 01:21 AM
Kramer
Instructor

Received 121 Likes on 86 Posts

Oh my.......that’s gorgeous! I must have that intake! Looks like it works week with the RR intake pipe which I already have! Where did you purchase this? Thanks for sharing!
Old 06-17-18, 12:46 PM
Lammyyy
Pole Position

Received 74 Likes on 62 Posts

Man that's a real nice looking intake LOL

Let us know how the dyno goes
Old 06-17-18, 04:30 PM
mjn88
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Kramer
Oh my.......that’s gorgeous! I must have that intake! Looks like it works week with the RR intake pipe which I already have! Where did you purchase this? Thanks for sharing!
I got it through a friend! You can buy it from the guys at password JDM! The intake is pretty sweet, it’s really loud when you’re pushing it down. You can hear the suction sound throughout each gear, as if it’s like a turbo or something haha! No really though, I feel like I can feel the difference but we’ll have to wait and see when I dyno the car. I feel like there’s more low end torque. We shall see!

Last edited by DaveGS4; 06-17-18 at 05:33 PM.
Old 06-17-18, 07:54 PM
Kramer
Instructor

Thanks for the info. I contacted him. I was on their website and they didn’t list the intake separately so they are working with me on that! Thanks a Bunch!
Old 06-17-18, 10:42 PM
mjn88
Lead Lap

If you're gonna get anything, I would recommend the intake! I can say with confidence that this intake gives you a lot of power. Enough for you to notice for sure. I wouldn't be surprised if I gained 10hp tbh!!!
The following 2 users liked this post by mjn88:
JT2MA71 (06-18-18), Kramer (06-18-18)
Old 06-18-18, 06:25 PM
TRANC3
Rookie

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

That is a stunning engine bay! Very tempting
Old 06-18-18, 07:43 PM
JT2MA71

Received 1,578 Likes on 689 Posts

Wow! that looks good and well designed intake, still sucking air from outside the engine bay. Can you share where you bought it from please? Thanks!
Old 06-18-18, 08:27 PM
2Insane
Driver

Received 47 Likes on 32 Posts
Thumbs up

http://www.passwordjdm.com/JDM-Lexus-Parts-C3496.aspx

That is badass! Beautiful purchase. Now that's the way to go all out. Congratulations man!!!!! Now we just need more pics! Wish I could see it in person.
Old 06-18-18, 08:50 PM
Kramer
Instructor

Ordered the intake today! Can’t wait!
Old 06-18-18, 08:58 PM
mjn88
Lead Lap

Good luck guys! The intake is incredible! I cannot say enough about it. You will notice an increase in low end torque immediately. I really notice the differences of modes now when switching through normal, sport, sport+. Sport+ is definitely the loudest, and the gear shifting is more violent but that comes with the territory I suppose.
The following 2 users liked this post by mjn88:
GunnyFitz (06-19-18), Kramer (06-18-18)
Old 06-18-18, 10:17 PM
08sgmis350
Advanced

Received 187 Likes on 73 Posts

That looks really good. Those carbon pieces looks incredible!
Old 06-19-18, 03:31 AM
2Insane
Driver

Received 47 Likes on 32 Posts
Cool

Originally Posted by Kramer
Ordered the intake today! Can’t wait!
I have the Takeda intake and made power out of it as well. What did they charge you for the Password JDM intake?
Old 06-19-18, 05:45 AM
GunnyFitz
Instructor

Received 213 Likes on 162 Posts
Thumbs up Absolutely Gorgeous!

Ive had the pleasure of seeing this car on the GSF & RCF Facebook Society, and proud to call the OP (And Kramer) FB Friends there! Anyone whos not seen it, and is on Facebook, I highly encourage you to join up with us!
As the biggest Carbon Fiber Lover on this site (And many others - Have you seen my last Ducati?) I look forward to the day when I can get this beautiful stuff under my hood!

Will not go into all the details here in someone elses thread but: I Had my Armytrix installed yesterday and 4-5 Dyno runs as well. (Will post everything as soon as I can compile)
My next step is definitely going to be a proper Intake, which was discussed with my installers / tuners yesterday after the Dyno runs. I WILL BE GETTING ONE!

As much as I hate to admit this, many of us buy these things for their looks (Guilty) but after doing it the True Way on my Ram Cummins-with a "Closed Box" Volant CAI - I realize the true benefit of getting Air, NOT from inside the engine bay, but from an opening down below near the bumper which faces forward. (Yes I know, not Apples to Apples here) What Im saying is that when we slap on these gorgeous Intakes, our minds automatically believe we are somehow gaining Hp & Torque. Make no mistake gents, ONLY the Dyno will tell you this for sure! You'd be surprised to know what the car puts out.

There are many serious RCF Gearheads in here that have gone ***** out with serious Engine Mods, and tunes. These guys will tell that installation of an Air Intake definitely makes the beast breathe and sound alot better- but does not TRULY produce Hp. If some of these Members have not already replied to this notion, I ask that they share their experience with this Mod. Hell, I know one Member off the top of my head who I don't see any replies from, where is my [B]05RollaXRS with all his wisdom???

Another great Member who seriously knows his s*** is "MisterEun" who wrote me this within my Build Thread (Where I will be posting all about my Armytrix install and Dyno runs) His excerpt was:

Gunny,
Aftermarket intake tubes have been so controversial...
To my knowledge, I haven't seen a proper dyno comparison of before and after install from any manufacturer as of yet. Some are strong proponents of the OEM whereas others believe the ridges lead to weaker airflow. Personally I think no matter what you do, the gains/losses would be negligible (i.e. 3-5hp) and that it's really just a cosmetic mod. That being said, the filter on the other hand is definitely something I would upgrade when it's time to replace the OEM as it will almost certainly improve the cars breathing. For what it's worth I just placed an order for the aFe Takeda intake.Must clarify though that the biggest reason is because they are sponsoring me. Hope that helps brother and good luck with the Armytrix!

Trust me guys, Im not here to burst any happiness bubbles, and am not saying this Mod doesn't make any gains. Im just saying that there are good ones, and bad ones out there. I want to know exactly which ones these are to augment this killer exhaust of mine! Meanwhile, PLEASE hook me up with your source on all of this Mike! I shall return the favor twofold with all my other connections for you!

OOHRAH !!!

Gunny

Ps. Ok, just a Teaser Photo from yesterday for you guys! I call it "Tips on A Lift" lol
Attached Thumbnails Installed the Password JDM carbon engine cover kit + enclosed intake!!!-tips-on-lift.jpg  
The following 2 users liked this post by GunnyFitz:
BossMoss (06-19-18), Kramer (06-19-18)
Old 06-19-18, 11:48 AM
Kramer
Instructor

Originally Posted by 2Insane
I have the Takeda intake and made power out of it as well. What did they charge you for the Password JDM intake?

You have PM sir!
The following users liked this post:
mr2dave (07-07-18)

Quick Reply: Installed the Password JDM carbon engine cover kit + enclosed intake!!!