RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

Big request, but anyone in the LA county area willing to help some twins experience

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-18, 10:39 PM
Xzria
Driver

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Big request, but anyone in the LA county area willing to help some twins experience

My twin brother and I are 22 and live in the Los Angeles county and saving up for another car to get next year (we don't mind sharing) we really wanna experience the car even if it's just a ride .I don't know anyone with a rcf nor do I think a dealership would let us test drive one. We currently just lease a is f sport. We wanna get a used rcf next or something else. If anyone can help out we would appreciate it.
Old 06-21-18, 09:02 AM
rmason
Driver

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

I'm not aware of any age requirements to test drive the vehicle. If you have intentions of purchasing go in and ask for a test drive...or go to your nearest CarMax with the inventory and request one. Am I missing something here?
Old 06-21-18, 12:42 PM
ChrisRCF
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I'm from OC county, only 21, and they let me test drive. I test drove at two different dealers. First one didn't even ask for my license LOL. Second one just took a photocopy of my license. I mean I guess I was dressed nicely since I was just coming from work both times, but I don't think they'll turn you down.
Old 06-21-18, 02:04 PM
2Insane
Driver

Received 47 Likes on 32 Posts

If you were close by, I would definitely let you ride min my car. The dealership will let you test drive the RCF. I wouldn't recommend dressing like a slob. They are not suppose to judge, but they will. I would highly recommend buying an RCF; it's a lot of fun. Good luck.
Old 06-21-18, 02:59 PM
Xzria
Driver

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by 2Insane
If you were close by, I would definitely let you ride min my car. The dealership will let you test drive the RCF. I wouldn't recommend dressing like a slob. They are not suppose to judge, but they will. I would highly recommend buying an RCF; it's a lot of fun. Good luck.
I was just over thinking it, I thought they wouldn't let jusr anyone test drive it .The reason I was asking also because the closest to me is Valencia Lexus and they don't have one and closest used dealer that has one is Fullerton and that's 45 min from me .I live near Antelope Valley if you know where that is .
Old 06-21-18, 04:25 PM
Kerune
Pole Position

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

You are not overthinking it, there are people who will pre-qualify you and assume that you cannot purchase the vehicle due to the price tag relative to your age.

Since you ARE in the market for the vehicle, I assume you have the means to purchase it and if there's anything they ask, it'll be whether you have an idea on whether you think you can buy or not. Just let them know you are in the market and have your ducks in a row and test drive.
Old 06-21-18, 05:38 PM
Katrcf
Pit Crew

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

I’m in Huntington Beach and would be happy to give rides. Come on down to the beach and enjoy the day! You can even come out on a track day if you want! Send me a pm if interested and I’ll send you my number to set up a time/day.
Old 07-02-18, 01:59 AM
lexusrus
Pole Position

Received 250 Likes on 228 Posts

This is so true.

I think the OP should just go to a Lexus dealership and ask for a test drive.

Years ago.....I mean a long time ago when the second gen LX470 (1998 or so?) first came out.....my wife and I were in the market for it. So we showed up in the Lexus dealer in New Orleans with our fairly late model 1995 Honda Accord 4 door sedan which was only 3 years old at the time. We looked much younger than our actual age (we were in our mid 30's already at the time!!!). There were only two LX's on the lot. The salesman absolutely refused a test drive. When we asked why? They said BOTH LX's are already sold!! That was too bad for them bc later on we went to the BIGGEST LEXUS IN AMERICA bought a brand new LX (at JM Lexus in Margate FL).

Also years ago when the first original LS400 sedan was introduced (1989???) my sister in law while in graduate school at AL went to test drive one with the intention of buying one per instructions from her dad (my father in law who lives overseas and wanted to ship one from USA to overseas. It will be the FIRST Lexus in that country. So he was serious about buying one due to its rarity.) The back then new Lexus dealership in AL absolutely refused a test drive. So my sister in law called up Lexus HQ and complained. The Lexus HQ then arranged for a test drive at a different Lexus dealership in AL. She bought it right after the test drive.

Now thanks to the internet.....we can all buy cars online.

Recently we were looking at various makes and models to replace our old MB SLK55 AMG. An MB dealership in SoCal even offered to deliver whatever model we wanted to test drive to us either at the office or at home!! LOL. I guess some of these dealership still judge a book by its cover. They really should not bc one never knows "what a potential customer may look like".

Originally Posted by Kerune
You are not overthinking it, there are people who will pre-qualify you and assume that you cannot purchase the vehicle due to the price tag relative to your age.

Since you ARE in the market for the vehicle, I assume you have the means to purchase it and if there's anything they ask, it'll be whether you have an idea on whether you think you can buy or not. Just let them know you are in the market and have your ducks in a row and test drive.
The following users liked this post:
ba2sy (07-09-18)