RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

AEM/K&N Intake

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-18, 08:25 PM
1herm4
Intermediate

Received 29 Likes on 25 Posts

Well Rafi maybe its time for your own independent test on this product and prove its BS!
Old 11-17-18, 08:31 PM
1herm4
Intermediate

I noticed your company claims 11hp gains with just a carbon intake lid without any proof and just some basic math and some assumptions. THAT sounds like BS....
The following users liked this post:
mjn88 (12-22-18)
Old 11-17-18, 08:56 PM
LXSDO
Advanced

Received 147 Likes on 103 Posts

The heat shield is a nice idea and certainly has benefits to eek out every ounce of potential which probably is important in racing, but yeah I don't know how much more dense the air is at Sea level with a 20F difference and what that difference equals to power gains
Old 11-19-18, 04:01 AM
RRRacing
Sponsor
CL Vendor - Starter

Received 1,413 Likes on 647 Posts

Originally Posted by 1herm4
I noticed your company claims 11hp gains with just a carbon intake lid without any proof and just some basic math and some assumptions. THAT sounds like BS....

i recommend carefully reading our claims before saying that. Our claims are based on actual measured intake air temperature data and a well established correlation between intake air temperature and power. We are careful about the claims we make, don’t lie and claim we make any power on the dyno, and we back up our claims with actual real world datalogs, as shown on our website and below:

Last edited by RRRacing; 11-19-18 at 04:19 AM.
Old 11-19-18, 04:17 AM
Benoit
Advanced

Received 41 Likes on 29 Posts

Please, don't push a knowledgeable forum member actually sharing his results honestly.

I like this, rather than the always ongoing snake oil you can read everywhere. This is a proof of seriousness in my eyes and it's exactly what makes a good forum great.

On this theme, there is a little video of engineering explained about this theme. Whatever, I could believe that mesurable tiny gains could vary, depending how the air entry system works from car to car. I already read at an other place, that the air entry system on the RCF is pretty well designed. So it could totally be that the filter and all of the above, are the less restrictive possible to help the car perform well. I'm sorry to speak in conjunctions and hypothetics, but this is, at least, my thoughts on this.

Another thing is, "will we feel the 5-6-8 hp power gain on an 1.87 ton car ?"---> very certainly not.

Old 11-19-18, 07:24 AM
1herm4
Intermediate

Lets not put a hard hp gain of 11 hp on a product that CAN'T be proven. Hypothetical measurements are just that hype. Now a manufacturer offers a product with data to prove its product and you still disprove it. Again how about your company offers hard proof your lid actually makes the kind of power it can "potentially" make?
Old 11-19-18, 09:08 AM
Meraki Autoworks
Your #1 Lexus Vendor
CL Vendor - Starter

Received 701 Likes on 615 Posts

Anyone interested in the AEM let us know.. Except CA residents.. Emissions..

-Josh

Your #1 Dealer for Aftermarket Performance Products
Orange County, CA
Email: info@merakiautoworks.com
Text/Call: 213 394 2886
Old 11-19-18, 09:09 AM
LRCSALES
Lead Lap

Received 73 Likes on 52 Posts

ill add to this discussion. after examining how pathetic provisions Lexus made to get cold fresh air in the engine I made this ram air duct from LOWES its a 4 inch water drain elbow 8$. I added an 4in air velocity stack for $16.99 from amazon. this requires utilizing the front horn location and relocating that to the driver side. I also added a window screen to the front and the rear of the rain elbow (ram air tube) Of course i have no data i have full bolt ons not emissions in the intake track and Nitrous i know that air is getting it through the duct because heavy rains the topside screen has water drops on in. and luckily the stock ram duct stayed dry.

top pic is how it looks finished

finished product

bottom pic is shown without screen or velocity stack

Last edited by LRCSALES; 11-19-18 at 09:13 AM.
Old 11-19-18, 09:31 AM
Lammyyy
Pole Position

Received 74 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by Meraki Autoworks
Anyone interested in the AEM let us know.. Except CA residents.. Emissions..

-Josh
Damn Josh like that huh LOL
Old 12-20-18, 02:32 PM
CAHWY128
Advanced

Received 346 Likes on 228 Posts

I was looking into this intake. They should cut the piece of fender trim where the box goes up against the fender in order to scavenge more cold air. Cutting the trim is a proven modification to increase cold air due to heat soak.
Old 12-20-18, 07:50 PM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,949 Likes on 1,372 Posts

^^^^You mean like this:

Originally Posted by CAHWY128
The top picture shows the cut. You can see that it opens up into the fender and lets more cold air in.

From this thread: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/rc-...-shield-3.html

Lou
​​​​​​​
Old 12-10-19, 04:26 PM
finny76
Advanced

Received 83 Likes on 56 Posts
Exclamation

Originally Posted by SoSlow
This intake system has been released. $459.99 Hopefully, someone has a Black Friday deal.

AEM 21-780C Cold Air Intake

• Increased horsepower
  • Heat Shield with Carbon Fiber Lid.
  • Low restriction aluminum tubing
  • Air filter lasts up to 100,000 miles before cleaning is required (depending on driving conditions)
  • Washable and reusable oil-free filter media
  • AEM Lifetime Limited Warranty

The AEM 21-780C fits some Lexus RC F models. See vehicle applications for details.
This Performance Air Intake System allows your engine to breathe more air compared to the restrictive factory air intake housing. It is designed, tuned and dyno-tested to produce more horsepower and torque. Air enters the system through an oversized AEM Dryflow synthetic washable air filter for outstanding air flow, filtration and performance. The air intake tube is constructed from mandrel-bent aluminum featuring a durable gunmetal gray powder coated finish. A custom shaped heat shield with a carbon fiber lid is included. The tapered cylinder shaped AEM Dryflow air filter is made from an oil-free, synthetic filter media that can be used for up to 100,000 miles before cleaning is needed (depending on driving conditions). This Air Intake System is backed by AEM's Lifetime Limited Warranty. Some AEM air intakes are not legal for sale or use in California and other states adopting California emission standards, while others are 50 state legal. View the 21-780C vehicle applications to determine the legal status for each vehicle.

So Does anyone have an idea of this will fit the GSF? I know its been asked before, and from what I've heard it will fit, but need to confirm with a fellow member first...
Old 12-10-19, 07:46 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,501 Likes on 1,800 Posts

I think they do. The engine bay is pretty much identical except the strut bracing on the RCF, but that does not change the intake design.
Old 03-09-20, 09:58 AM
Tntn707
Driver School Candidate

Received 15 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 1herm4
Since this is the final production product, I can share the dyno. The base run shown "stock" is actually with Borla exhaust (blue curve). Red curve is intake with Borla. So you can see that gains achieved are above the Borla only run! Looking to see if we can get the complete stock run from 2 months ago before the Borla was installed.
This difference with tune or not
Old 03-11-20, 04:12 PM
1herm4
Intermediate

No tune, or stock ecu

Quick Reply: AEM/K&N Intake