RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

Seat wear

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-18 | 05:34 AM
SoSlow
Pole Position

Default Seat wear

Is this normal wear? Can it be fixed? This is the second RC F that I've seen this on. I am working with the seller for compensation, but not sure what my options are on repairing, or do I have to just live with it? My 7 day grace period ends tomorrow and I'm looking for an idea on what I should expect in compensation. It may not look like much, but honestly, if they had shown this and all the other damages properly, I wouldn't have pursued this car. But it's here now and the damages are minor, mostly rock chips, a small quarter size dent in the rear bumper, door sill gouge, missing all the trunk tools and owners manuals. I talked to them yesterday and they told me to send them pictures of the undisclosed damage and they would review for compensation. I was told the manuals are online - they won't provide hard copies and that they provide a fix a flat kit, so they won't provide or compensate for no tools. All minor, but I find it frustrating to buy a car of level and not have the items it should and have undisclosed damages. Their attitude has me about 50/50 on telling to just come get the car. We will see what they come back with on the compensation. The issues are mostly minor and cosmetic and I really like the car, but I'm a stubborn *** and if I'm not treated fairly, I will walk. There are plenty more out there wanting my $.

Old 06-28-18 | 06:18 AM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

That should not happen. Does yours have the genuine leather or the faux "Nuluxe" material? Mine is only 9000 miles and have not got up there yet, but they look absolutely perfect (with the optional genuine leather).
Old 06-28-18 | 07:01 AM
CodyJames
Intermediate

This doesn't look right. Move on. You won't be happy with this one in the long run.
Old 06-28-18 | 08:30 AM
SoSlow
Pole Position

Originally Posted by 05RollaXRS
That should not happen. Does yours have the genuine leather or the faux "Nuluxe" material? Mine is only 9000 miles and have not got up there yet, but they look absolutely perfect (with the optional genuine leather).
It's genuine leather.
Old 06-28-18 | 08:59 AM
Raptor061
Rookie

I got mine used also, and it had also wear marks from getting in and out in the same area, I’m just living with it since the rest of the car makes me happy.
Old 06-29-18 | 01:18 PM
MHB1535
Rookie

It happened to mine as well in the exact same spot. I'm at 40K miles.
Old 06-30-18 | 04:02 AM
AZ2NH
Driver School Candidate

The driver’s seat side bolster on my RCF did the same thing and I only had 5k miles on it. The dealership replaced the cover on the seat back as a one time good will gesture. The replacement is beginning to show slight signs of wear and im now at 21K. I also have the leather ”seating surfaces” but the side bolsters on these seats is NuLuxe (man made) and NOT leather!!

Because the seat back side bolsters are so aggressive we rub that spot at the bend of the bolster every time we get in and out of the car. Most Lexus vehicles will automatically set the driver seat to fully back and the steering wheel to up and forward to the dash to make it easier to get in an out of the car. THE RCF does not have that capability; I asked if they could program/reprogram the seat controls and they confirmed that the RC seats could not be set up this way.

One solution is to program your seat memory buttons so that button 1 is your driving position and button 3 is your fully retracted position. Just select 3 before you exit and the seat will travel back and therefore give you much more room. When you come back to the car the seat will already be retracted and out of the way. I have over 25k miles and i can see the start of a very light scuff/wear mark in the same location. It’s not perfect but way better! That all goes to hell when your in a hurry and forget to retract the seat or place your hand on the bolster. The other thing i do is place my left hand on that raised section of the side bolsters and get into the car butt first then spin my legs around into the cabin. Try to minimize the direct contact with that section of “old school vinyl”. One would think that a $79k car would use genuine leather throughout!! Good luck, push on the dealer and see if they will replace the driver’s side seat back cover.
Old 06-30-18 | 11:05 AM
2Insane
Driver

https://www.lexus.com/warranty

The seats should be covered under warranty as it is a manufacturer defeact. That is not normal for any vehicle that is fairly new.

Old 06-30-18 | 11:52 AM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by AZ2NH
Most Lexus vehicles will automatically set the driver seat to fully back and the steering wheel to up and forward to the dash to make it easier to get in an out of the car. THE RCF does not have that capability;
Neither does my ISF. I recently had my ISF in for some old recalls, first time in 10 years it was at the dealer's overnight They loaned me a 2018 IS300, really an IS200t, 4 cyl turbo. This car had memory seats that slid back all the way with the ignition off. I really like that feature. My SC300, back in the nineties also had it.

Lou
Old 06-30-18 | 05:40 PM
SoSlow
Pole Position

Great idea on using the 3rd memory setting for exit and entry. Are the keys linked to the memory settings? My wife's suv is that way, my key knows my settings, her key knows hers. Is the RC F like that?
Old 06-30-18 | 06:00 PM
Bluecarbon
Rookie

24k miles and I have that same wear on the passenger seat. Glad to know I’m not the only one.
Old 11-29-18 | 09:22 PM
Davew77
Lead Lap

Mine was fixed under warranty at like 48k miles. It started wearing at less than 20k miles. I just waited to get it fixed. They recovered the top part of the seat and ordered an entirely new bottom part. The bill was around $2800. But I didn't have to pay a cent. I also received a courtesy vehicle while it was being repaired. I have genuine leather.
Old 11-30-18 | 02:58 AM
1BAD4DR
Pole Position

Originally Posted by 05RollaXRS
How can you tell if you have genuine leather vs the nulux? I have the red interior.
Old 11-30-18 | 06:40 AM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by 1BAD4DR

How can you tell if you have genuine leather vs the nulux? I have the red interior.
I believe the genuine leather has perforated suede material inserts in the middle while the nulux is all one type of surface throughout the entire seat.
Old 11-30-18 | 03:08 PM
Ctrl-F
Pole Position

Originally Posted by 1BAD4DR

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/rc-...s-leather.html
The following users liked this post:
1BAD4DR (11-30-18)

Quick Reply: Seat wear