Advanced

Received 345 Likes on 227 Posts

Sounds terrible.
Old 06-29-18, 06:56 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,475 Likes on 1,780 Posts

Originally Posted by SoSlow
Yes, but non refundable. I may still go Wednesday for a test drive and put a deposit on it.
If you are OK with what they gave you for trade in on the 370Z, why not just let them keep it? Return the blue RCF to them. Get the money from them and then put it towards the black/black RCF?
Old 06-29-18, 07:06 PM
SoSlow
Pole Position

Received 109 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by 05RollaXRS
If you are OK with what they gave you for trade in on the 370Z, why not just let them keep it? Return the blue RCF to them. Get the money from them and then put it towards the black/black RCF?
I don't pay tax on trade in, so I would loose $1300. That is almost a Borla exhaust.

Last edited by SoSlow; 06-29-18 at 07:28 PM.
Old 06-30-18, 05:10 PM
SoSlow
Pole Position

Things are turning around. They located my car and have it routing back. Scheduled to swap cars back on Wednesday morning. Still time to test drive the black one Wed afternoon. If things are good, I will sign papers. We have a verbal agreement on a very good price. They already inspected my trade when I looked at the white 17, so trade value it set. I have to close out the loan on the 1st car on Thursday before I can move forward, so it wouldn't be until Saturday before we swap cars. Carvana took full responsibility, made getting my car back a priority and are compensating me with $250 for the error. This may be a decent service, but I don't think it is something I would use against. It was worth a shot and had potential, but the original owner of this car obviously wasn't an enthusiast. So hard to turn it away when it's sitting in my garage, but I know it's for the best. Already have Lexus all weather floor mats, weathertech trunk mat, illuminated door sills, carbon fiber steering wheel trim cover, apexi throttle controller and uniden R3 sitting in the garage ready to install.

Last edited by SoSlow; 06-30-18 at 05:23 PM.
Old 06-30-18, 06:34 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Things are turning around. They located my car and have it routing back. Scheduled to swap cars back on Wednesday morning. Still time to test drive the black one Wed afternoon. If things are good, I will sign papers. We have a verbal agreement on a very good price. They already inspected my trade when I looked at the white 17, so trade value it set. I have to close out the loan on the 1st car on Thursday before I can move forward, so it wouldn't be until Saturday before we swap cars. Carvana took full responsibility, made getting my car back a priority and are compensating me with $250 for the error. This may be a decent service, but I don't think it is something I would use against. It was worth a shot and had potential, but the original owner of this car obviously wasn't an enthusiast. So hard to turn it away when it's sitting in my garage, but I know it's for the best. Already have Lexus all weather floor mats, weathertech trunk mat, illuminated door sills, carbon fiber steering wheel trim cover, apexi throttle controller and uniden R3 sitting in the garage ready to install.
Good to hear it is working out for you. It is very enticing to ignore the flaws when something is so well within your grasp. Patience and thinking with the mind rather than emotions pays off. I was in the same boat where I was willing to overlook the flaws of an identical twin of my RCF in a different city. It was a demo model that had two scuffed wheels and 24,000 km on it (10,000 more than what I have). Glad that deal fell through because I would never have ended up with the perfect car.
Old 07-04-18, 08:08 AM
SoSlow
Pole Position

Well, the saga continues. Carvana had issues getting my car back from Texas and won't be delivering today. They can't commit to a day or time now. Checked up with the Lexus dealer on the black RC F that I was supposed to look at today and they sold it. I Can't catch a break. Meanwhile I have a loan collecting interest and my 1st payment is coming up in 10 days. I'm not driving the RC F. Last thing I want is to damage it and be stuck with it. As screwed up as it is, it will work out and I will eventually end up in the right one.

The same dealer has a red on black '16 with 100 miles on it. Has all options except performance pack. They are asking $65. Awesome car, but I think you can manage close to that on a '18 and I would lose 2 yrs value on day 1. I think 56-58k would be fair. They have had the car in thier showroom for 3 yrs now. Last time I talked to them, they were firm on the price.
Old 07-04-18, 10:33 AM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Well, the saga continues. Carvana had issues getting my car back from Texas and won't be delivering today. They can't commit to a day or time now. Checked up with the Lexus dealer on the black RC F that I was supposed to look at today and they sold it. I Can't catch a break. Meanwhile I have a loan collecting interest and my 1st payment is coming up in 10 days. I'm not driving the RC F. Last thing I want is to damage it and be stuck with it. As screwed up as it is, it will work out and I will eventually end up in the right one.

The same dealer has a red on black '16 with 100 miles on it. Has all options except performance pack. They are asking $65. Awesome car, but I think you can manage close to that on a '18 and I would lose 2 yrs value on day 1. I think 56-58k would be fair. They have had the car in thier showroom for 3 yrs now. Last time I talked to them, they were firm on the price.
That really sucks. Good idea not to drive the blue one as you might be stuck with it, if something happens. Try negotiating with them on the red one. For a 2016, high-50s is a fair price. I think they will move on the $65K.
Old 07-06-18, 01:03 PM
SoSlow
Pole Position

Sorry, I have to rant. They finally got my car delivered back to me. Right off, I noticed someone stripped the carbon fiber off the door handles and just left the double sided tape. Then the guy delivering the car can't get the car started. He had dropped the key fob and the battery feel out. He put it back in backwards. But being the genius that he is, he decided to take the emergency metal key out of the fob and stuff it in the fob port in the dash because they lost the 2nd key. So, now the metal key is stuck in the dash, won't come out, the car is pissed and won't start. I had him get out of the way and was able to fish it back out, get the car started and put in the garage. Fortunately, no real damage, no miles put on it, but I am out a key and $200 worth of carbon fiber trim. We talked to headquarters and they agreed to overnight a check for $500 for the missing key and trim. I hope the trade in dealer is ok with 1 key. I put a deposit on a red on black 15' with performance pack, all options, Lexus certified. Driving 4 hrs in the morning to make the deal.

Last edited by SoSlow; 07-06-18 at 01:31 PM.
The following users liked this post:
BossMoss (07-12-18)
Old 07-06-18, 04:47 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Congrats. That looks great. How many miles on it? Looks like you found a great deal now. Good that you got the performance package. The TVD in track mode really makes a big difference when you push the car hard through turns.

SoSlow (07-06-18)
Old 07-06-18, 05:01 PM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

someone didnt rotate the tires and a staggered setup did they
Old 07-06-18, 06:42 PM
SoSlow
Pole Position

Originally Posted by 05RollaXRS
Congrats. That looks great. How many miles on it? Looks like you found a great deal now. Good that you got the performance package. The TVD in track mode really makes a big difference when you push the car hard through turns.
17k miles, 1 owner
Old 07-06-18, 06:46 PM
SoSlow
Pole Position

This one takes the cake. After having time to look over my Z that Carvana returned today. Not only did they rip my carbon fiber off and lose a key - they took my locking lugs off and took my key. They left each wheel missing a lug nut. Good thing I checked it over before driving 250 miles tomorrow. They haven't heard the last of me and I will let everyone I know to avoid these scumbags at all cost.
BossMoss (07-12-18)
Old 07-12-18, 12:32 AM
BossMoss
Pole Position

Received 129 Likes on 75 Posts

This one takes the cake. After having time to look over my Z that Carvana returned today. Not only did they rip my carbon fiber off and lose a key - they took my locking lugs off and took my key. They left each wheel missing a lug nut. Good thing I checked it over before driving 250 miles tomorrow. They haven't heard the last of me and I will let everyone I know to avoid these scumbags at all cost.
That is beyond ridiculous. What a sham.