RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

Inner wheel wear

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-18, 03:52 PM
SoSlow
Pole Position

Received 109 Likes on 72 Posts
Default Inner wheel wear

Can't say that I've seen this before. Any reason the inside of the wheel would be curb rashed? It's pretty bad on the driver's side rear and light all the way around the driver front. Passenger side is fine. The more I look at this car, the more I think it's going back and I'll fine something else. Other than the wheels, the underside is pretty clean, looks untouched.

Old 06-28-18, 04:02 PM
SoSlow
Pole Position

My guess is that the car was not aligned after the springs were put on. So camber was off and the wheel rubbed the control arm or something. It may have been aligned later, it drives ok but it is off, pulls to the right and the steering wheel is just off center. The tires were replaced, so i can't judge wear.
Old 06-28-18, 04:14 PM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,906 Likes on 1,343 Posts

It could be that the wheels may have been refinished at one time, and the refinisher scuffed the inside of the wheel.

Lou
Old 06-28-18, 04:46 PM
LXSDO
Advanced

Received 147 Likes on 103 Posts

I'm thinking automatic car wash. Usually you align the left side up to the track

Send it back.
The following users liked this post:
lobuxracer (06-28-18)
Old 06-28-18, 04:51 PM
0mghi2u
Lead Lap

Received 30 Likes on 18 Posts

if it's only driver side most likely from car wash
Old 06-28-18, 06:06 PM
SoSlow
Pole Position

Originally Posted by LXSDO
I'm thinking automatic car wash. Usually you align the left side up to the track

Send it back.
Aww, light bulb. I think you nailed it. Escaped my mind, I don't use them. Time to get back on the hunt. Nothing against Carvana, but this isn't the car I'm looking for. Arggg.
Old 06-28-18, 09:41 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,475 Likes on 1,780 Posts

Originally Posted by SoSlow
Aww, light bulb. I think you nailed it. Escaped my mind, I don't use them. Time to get back on the hunt. Nothing against Carvana, but this isn't the car I'm looking for. Arggg.
Good decision. I recommended it earlier. If you are going to buy such a high end car, you should make sure it is as immaculate and as close to stock as possible and then you can modify it yourself.
Old 06-29-18, 07:22 AM
SoSlow
Pole Position

Car is going back tomorrow. Lexus dealer has a black on black 2015 with all options minus performance pack. Titled in 2017, L certified with 8k miles. Claims to be mint. Could be back in an RC Wednesday.
Old 06-29-18, 08:03 AM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Car is going back tomorrow. Lexus dealer has a black on black 2015 with all options minus performance pack. Titled in 2017, L certified with 8k miles. Claims to be mint. Could be back in an RC Wednesday.
Sounds like a good car with low mileage.

If a 2015 was titled in 2017, it means the warranty started in 2017?
Old 06-29-18, 08:18 AM
SoSlow
Pole Position

Originally Posted by 05RollaXRS
Sounds like a good car with low mileage.

If a 2015 was titled in 2017, it means the warranty started in 2017?
Yes warranty started April 17 and runs to April 2023 since it is certified.
Link
Old 06-29-18, 08:20 AM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Yes warranty started April 17 and runs to April 2023 since it is certified.
Link
Yeah, definitely looks like a very good deal. Warranty is a plus. Although, noticed it has Nuluxe, but should be fine as long as it is well taken care of. Pictures look good and price is very fair for the mileage/condition.
Old 06-29-18, 08:48 AM
SoSlow
Pole Position

Originally Posted by 05RollaXRS
Yeah, definitely looks like a very good deal. Warranty is a plus. Although, noticed it has Nuluxe, but should be fine as long as it is well taken care of. Pictures look good and price is very fair for the mileage/condition.
Seats are leather - the seats with stitching are leather - Nuluxe doesn't have the stitch pattern. I see they have it noted Nuluxe, but that is just a generic detail. Also says 10 speakers, but obviously has the Levison system.
Old 06-29-18, 02:41 PM
SoSlow
Pole Position

This has gone way south now. Literally. I called Carvana this morning to setup returning their car for mine. They tell me that the earliest day they have a driver available is July 10. So, I agree to make the drive to exchange cars. We set up for this evening. I get home and get a call confirming that I am coming to return their car. I ask the guy to make sure he has my title ready. He says he will check and call me back. He calls back, not only does he not have my title, they shipped my car to Dallas to get processed for resale. The policy 100% states that they will hold my car during the 7 day grace period in case I decide to return their car. But they didn't and now it's going to be days before my car gets back to Indiana. If I hadn't asked about the title, I would have driven 90 mins to find out this bull****. They have no excuse for why it happened. I've been in contact with them all week about the issues I have with the car and that I was uncertain about keeping it. They never did get back to me about compensation for undisclosed damages. I have a deal set up to buy another one on Wednesday and now that is screwed up. I was semi ok with the undisclosed damages because I had the option to simply exchange back. So disorganized. I just talked to them this morning and they talked to the local people to make these arrangements, but my car wasn't even there. They got the idea real quick that I'm beyond pissed.
The following users liked this post:
BossMoss (07-12-18)
Old 06-29-18, 03:15 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

That is unfortunate. Hope it works out for you. Is the dealership with the black RCF willing to take a deposit and hold the car for you until you return the blue one?

This has gone way south now. Literally. I called Carvana this morning to setup returning their car for mine. They tell me that the earliest day they have a driver available is July 10. So, I agree to make the drive to exchange cars. We set up for this evening. I get home and get a call confirming that I am coming to return their car. I ask the guy to make sure he has my title ready. He says he will check and call me back. He calls back, not only does he not have my title, they shipped my car to Dallas to get processed for resale. The policy 100% states that they will hold my car during the 7 day grace period in case I decide to return their car. But they didn't and now it's going to be days before my car gets back to Indiana. If I hadn't asked about the title, I would have driven 90 mins to find out this bull****. They have no excuse for why it happened. I've been in contact with them all week about the issues I have with the car and that I was uncertain about keeping it. They never did get back to me about compensation for undisclosed damages. I have a deal set up to buy another one on Wednesday and now that is screwed up. I was semi ok with the undisclosed damages because I had the option to simply exchange back. So disorganized. I just talked to them this morning and they talked to the local people to make these arrangements, but my car wasn't even there. They got the idea real quick that I'm beyond pissed.
Old 06-29-18, 03:30 PM
SoSlow
Pole Position

Yes, but non refundable. I may still go Wednesday for a test drive and put a deposit on it.

Quick Reply: Inner wheel wear