RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

Finally an F owner

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-18, 04:02 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,484 Likes on 1,788 Posts

Congrats! Molten Pearl crew representing here. To say, this color attracts attention everywhere, is an understatement. Never thought I would be such an attention magnet LOL

After 8 months of ownership, could not be happier with this car.

The following users liked this post:
GunnyFitz (07-09-18)
Old 07-07-18, 05:52 PM
2UR
Pit Crew

Received 27 Likes on 17 Posts

My Ghosh, that backend is so sick lol. Has anyone had the chance to see the F in flare yellow? How does it look, are there different shades to it? Haven’t seen too many photos.
Old 07-08-18, 08:19 AM
tuscani66
Pit Crew

Received 79 Likes on 55 Posts

Congrats on your purchase! That Orange definitely stands and pops out!

Enjoy the car!
Old 07-08-18, 04:31 PM
brendanf
Advanced

Received 152 Likes on 94 Posts

Very nice! Myself I just traded in my IS and picked up a slightly used Infared with the Carbon package... Can't believe I waited so long..
Old 07-08-18, 04:34 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,484 Likes on 1,788 Posts

Originally Posted by brendanf
Very nice! Myself I just traded in my IS and picked up a slightly used Infared with the Carbon package... Can't believe I waited so long..
Congrats. Make a thread of your own with some pictures.
Old 07-08-18, 05:50 PM
SoSlow
Pole Position

Received 109 Likes on 72 Posts

Congrats, I just picked up the same car this weekend.
Old 07-09-18, 05:56 AM
GunnyFitz
Instructor

Received 213 Likes on 162 Posts

To this day I have never seen a Molten RCF in person, and cannot wait til I do!
That is one hell of a pristine lookin ride right there, and I congratulate you for doing such long and tedious research before pulling the trigger on that beauty! Awesome grab my man!

Welcome to the Club!!
Old 07-09-18, 05:58 AM
GunnyFitz
Instructor

Thumbs up Whoa!

BrendanF - we need to chat brother!

Seems we share something huge in common, other than a RCF!
Old 07-09-18, 06:54 AM
DougHII
Lexus Test Driver

Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by 2UR
LXSDO Ok perfect, thats good to know. Thanks guys I really appreciate the welcome. Vietzboi87 sure, the tech in the F is just so nice, it instantly won me over. Along with the seats. The M is fast but it just didn't offer me too many features outside of the M badging and the track capability, not too much new tech for an expensive car, regardless its still a really nice car. The GTR is a beast plain and simple and the engineering behind it is really impressive, but it just didn't have enough additional features for me and I wasn't too big on the interior.

The F just offers so much for its price point, standard blindspot monitoring, digital gauge cluster (functional eye candy), retractable spoiler, very nice ventilated seats, Alcantara, V8 NA motor that sounds really good and reliability. You have to practically combine multiple cars to get all of the features the F gives you.The M and the GTR are still amazing cars, it's surprising because up until earlier this year I was set on getting an M4.
I have a 2017 M3 Competition Package with manual after totaling my Molten Pearl RCF. I would much rather have the RCF back. I really do not like the F80 and I love the looks of an RCF in Molten Pearl. Congrats on you acquisition!
05RollaXRS (07-09-18)
Old 07-09-18, 07:05 AM
2UR
Pit Crew

Received 27 Likes on 17 Posts

Thanks Doug and Gunny I appreciate it guys. This seems like a really nice community.

Doug, in comparison to the F what don’t you like about the M?
The following 2 users liked this post by 2UR:
DougHII (07-09-18), GunnyFitz (07-09-18)
Old 07-09-18, 09:48 AM
1BAD4DR
Pole Position

Received 44 Likes on 29 Posts

Looks great I can’t imagine what the color looks like under lighting in person!! Congrats
Old 07-09-18, 11:05 AM
DougHII
Lexus Test Driver

Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by 2UR
Thanks Doug and Gunny I appreciate it guys. This seems like a really nice community.

I don’t find anything redeeming about the M. Seating position feels like driving a truck or tractor, horrendous steering feel, pitiful damping, very twitchy at the limits, the power is useless because the traction control sucks (either too intrusive or not at all with no rhyme or reason), competition package seats are extremely uncomfortable, poor quality interior and lots of sequels, creeks and rattles.

I also have a 911 cabriolet. I drive it 90% of the time and literally have to force myself to drive the M3 as I always rather grab the Porsche keys. I actually think I like driving my wife’s Macan S more than my M3 even though it is a somewhat cushy, yet somewhat sporty SUV..

I would take the RCF over my 2017 F80 manual ZCP in a heart beat. You made the correct choice.
GunnyFitz (07-09-18)
Old 07-09-18, 11:30 AM
GunnyFitz
Instructor

Cool Mods

Originally Posted by 2UR

Not sure exactly where in Maryland you are, but I'm in Northern Virginia and know a bunch of shops (With Dyno) for future Mods. I just had the Armytrix Valvetronic Exhaust installed and Dyno'd at a shop in Fairfax. Also having a full PPF & Ceramic Coating done in Sterling too. There are a couple Members here in the DC Metro area so we should definitely try to hook up a meet. Anything you need for Mods I'm happy to help - if you check out some of my Threads / Posts I've done a few things lately. The bright little Lexus Logo Door lights were a big hit with folks here so PM me if you want the connection. That's what I like about the Forum, lots of RCF Owners helping others out! (Rolla is the Resident Expert by far!)
Old 07-09-18, 11:34 AM
brendanf
Advanced

Received 152 Likes on 94 Posts

Originally Posted by GunnyFitz
BrendanF - we need to chat brother!

Seems we share something huge in common, other than a RCF!
Oh do tell! LOL.
GunnyFitz (07-09-18)
Old 07-09-18, 11:53 AM
AR_Motorwerkz
Former Sponsor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Congratulations dude! Looks great, nice color choice, now time for some mods

-Nick

Quick Reply: Finally an F owner